Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

12 hours ago, MalcolmW said:

Someone implied Starmer will drop her, but he can't quite do that. Deputy is an elected position just as Leader is, but he could give her a non-job in his Cabinet. Remember Prescott was Deputy to Blair, but everyone knew Brown (G not M) was the most senior after Blair.

Prescott's task was to introduce regional assemblies for the English regions (with lesser powers than the devolved 'nations'). A referendum was held in the North-East but lost (even though it was greatly in their interests to have a Labour authority adjacent to subsidised Scotland). The opposition to the purported assembly was led by a certain North-Easterner called D Cummings (which made his name as a campaigner). After that debacle the project was quietly dropped and never seen again.

It was me who suggested that she might get dropped, that’s if Starmer isn’t dropped first. I suspect he will be around long enough to outlast her. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Members
On 07/01/2022 at 17:27, kent_white said:

Give me Blair and Brown over this lot any day of the week. They weren't perfect by any means - but at least they had some sort of sense of direction.

FFS! I concede. Yes they did. Blairs sense of direction was towards Baghdad and Browns towards how to outspend a drunken sailor.

I really hope you lot get what you want. A younger version of sleepy Joe at the helm (bland, characterless and beige) and an obnoxious bile spewing bitch pulling the strings. Union paymasters calling the shots in the background. The schadenfreude would be sensational.

Don't say you weren't warned.

• Members
On 06/01/2022 at 20:13, Spider said:

Let's just give things like this to Mounts to play with whilst the grown ups discuss what's going on in the real world.

Distract them with puffed out cheeks and union jacks and Jet2 flights and flicking the v's to Spaniards:

https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/1479032952847745025?s=20

? The Spanish people are fantastic in my experience and I have often wondered how they put up with some of the more obnoxious Brits they encounter from time to time.

Pretty sure MK has a similar view.

• Members
On 07/01/2022 at 17:33, Sweep said:

thinking that the Tory Party are making a dogs dinner of the job at the minute, doesn't mean that somebody is a leftie surely?!?!

For what it's worth, if they get rid of this dick in charge and most of the cabinet, and I think they'll be OK

I know you're happy to give the Conservative Party a free pass on every single thing they do, but that's honestly not really an ideal scenario for the country (not that I expect that to overly bother you, as the goings on in this country have nothing to do with you anymore in reality)

You know fuck all about my reality. I have various interests in the UK from both family and financial viewpoints so most definitely plenty to do with me.

I'll probably leave this thread alone for the time being but you can rest assured, I'll be back when the reds have you all crying in your beer.

• Members
On 07/01/2022 at 17:49, Spider said:

I voted for Brexit, but have no issue in admitting the mistake and calling out all the things we were never told about.

Ive voted Tory my entire life (except once) until this lot rolled around. I know a shit fucking tory set up when I see one, and this is the worst I’ve ever known. I’d love a Tory party I could vote for again, but right now they’re embarrassing at best, criminally incompetent at worst.

I think it’s an age thing. The older you get the more embarrassed you are if you think you’ll be seen to admit a mistake. Most pensioners and (semi) retirees tend to be cantankerous and of the opinion that “I’m too old to change” or “that’s my opinion and you won’t change it no matter how wrong it is”.

It is funny though. Just ask Mounts or Bolty for any kind of evidence to back up their claims and they melt away like snow in a desert. 

Bye. You are a simpleton young man.

• Members
On 07/01/2022 at 19:36, London Wanderer said:

Freedom & sovereignty. People may have less money in their pockets & yes the streets may be more depressing places to walk down these days. But who cares when you can walk down those streets with your chest puffed out, free from the shackles of Europe. You just can't put a price on that. It will keep everyone going when their energy bills double in the spring.

I draw a parallel with these comments and the situation in Zimbabwe. From your apparent politics, I presume you would have been all over ousting white farmers (and white people in general) from Rhodesia and replacing them with Zanu PF soldiers?

The general populace is now 'free'. Free to starve

6 hours ago, bolty58 said:

FFS! I concede. Yes they did. Blairs sense of direction was towards Baghdad and Browns towards how to outspend a drunken sailor.

I really hope you lot get what you want. A younger version of sleepy Joe at the helm (bland, characterless and beige) and an obnoxious bile spewing bitch pulling the strings. Union paymasters calling the shots in the background. The schadenfreude would be sensational.

Don't say you weren't warned.

0D47EAAF-D667-4CCB-A6B7-8E6946AC004C.jpeg

6 hours ago, bolty58 said:

You know fuck all about my reality. I have various interests in the UK from both family and financial viewpoints so most definitely plenty to do with me.

I'll probably leave this thread alone for the time being but you can rest assured, I'll be back when the reds have you all crying in your beer.

CF6F4244-256F-4A60-821F-DFDDA1EF226D.jpeg

Edited by Jol_BWFC

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, bolty58 said:

? The Spanish people are fantastic in my experience and I have often wondered how they put up with some of the more obnoxious Brits they encounter from time to time.

Pretty sure MK has a similar view.

They hate 99% of us.

7 hours ago, bolty58 said:

I draw a parallel with these comments and the situation in Zimbabwe. From your apparent politics, I presume you would have been all over ousting white farmers (and white people in general) from Rhodesia and replacing them with Zanu PF soldiers?

The general populace is now 'free'. Free to starve

What an odd parallel to assume. You alright Bolty?

Nope, I'm not one for thinking we should remove white settlers from Africa.

• Site Supporter

So now on the Mounts and Bolty naughty steps.

Clearly touched a few nerves since I mentioned Spanish mobility scooters it seems.

Big sulky sulk pups all sulking because they lost a debate.

Cancel culture is alive and well with our grey voters.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

You're just a simpleton 💚

But I’m still the one sat in the chamber whilst they’ve stormed to the Commons bar to simmer and fume.

I need to go easier on them.

Edited by Spider