Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

Can't recall having a pop at NIC. He certainly had one at me.

I didn't mention NiC? Just trying to ascertian your point.

6 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

You’ll have to elaborate?

Well if Brexit was to blame for as much as folk would have you believe then surely it’s of the upmost importance to have another vote ASAP. Not a maybe in the next 10 years 

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

No one has deleted any of my posts. Wrong again.👍

24 minutes ago, Traf said:

They were edited, not deleted.

20 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Correct. 👍 

"my posts didn't make any sense when I read them back is all I'm saying"

81353861-13091759-image-a-51_17080862446

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, royal white said:

Well if Brexit was to blame for as much as folk would have you believe then surely it’s of the upmost importance to have another vote ASAP. Not a maybe in the next 10 years 

*utmost

21 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

I'm sorry, I just don't know what that actually means.

I'm leafleting for a local council ward on sunday morning for an hour for an election in a month that effects people in my local area. 

I'm pretty sure that's a dictionary definition of small sacle, immediate support for people who need it.

I'm volunteering my time to help build a new play park for the children in my area. Today I've gone on a food run for two elderly people I know ... taking them to the butchers and small stores.

Last week I did a local beach clean. Next weekend I'm cooking for the community to make money for a local charity.

Things that have a impact on those around me. I make little things better for them whilst you and your type can concentrate on the long term by giving out leaflets.

I'm trying to do my bit.

Apparently that's the last thing this country needs. Folk like me cracking on.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, royal white said:

Still waiting to hear how you and 84 are poorer because of Brexit. (Even though he’s told you he’s not) 

Sounds like you lead a very exciting life. Enjoy the wait. Most people would just crack on with other things.

5 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Sounds like you lead a very exciting life. Enjoy the wait. Most people would just crack on with other things.

Almost as exciting as making false claims about people that you don’t know. What a strange person you are. 

Edited by royal white

24 minutes ago, royal white said:

Nobody is making me believe anything.

It’s obvious that none of the promised benefits have materialised. Clear as day. People appear to have less in their pockets,  many businesses & industries were negatively affected. Which is a combination of other factors too. 

Within a decade is quite a short timescale in referendum terms. Just a couple of government cycles. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the debate resurface within that time.

Just now, London Wanderer said:

Nobody is making me believe anything.

It’s obvious that none of the promised benefits have materialised. Clear as day. People appear to have less in their pockets,  many businesses & industries were negatively affected. Which is a combination of other factors too. 

Within a decade is quite a short timescale in referendum terms. Just a couple of government cycles. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the debate resurface within that time.

Would you trust the British public with another referendum? 

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, royal white said:

Almost as exciting as making false claims about people that you don’t know. What a strange person you are. 

I know you won't, but can you elaborate?

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, BobyBrno said:

Pretty sure the British public are well aware what an utter shitshow it's been since 2016.

Just now, Cheese said:

Pretty sure the British public are well aware what an utter shitshow it's been since 2016.

Then why don’t Labour announce it in their manifesto. They are so far ahead they could just say ‘we will rejoin the Eu’

We never had a vote to join the Common Market.

29 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

I'm volunteering my time to help build a new play park for the children in my area. Today I've gone on a food run for two elderly people I know ... taking them to the butchers and small stores.

Last week I did a local beach clean. Next weekend I'm cooking for the community to make money for a local charity.

Things that have a impact on those around me. I make little things better for them whilst you and your type can concentrate on the long term by giving out leaflets.

I'm trying to do my bit.

Apparently that's the last thing this country needs. Folk like me cracking on.

I'm not saying you're not but lets look at it this way - again slightly less micro...

I'm volunteering my time to help build a new play park for the children in my area.

Fab stuff - it'd also be good to have enough money inthe local budgets to employ people to build these local ammeities

Today I've gone on a food run for two elderly people I know ... taking them to the butchers and small stores

Again, can't falult you - good community stuff, but also should there not be provision so people are relying on the kindness of others for their basic needs?

Last week I did a local beach clean

Tip top - volunteering is something more people should do, but also shouldn't our beaches be free from this anyway without good folk having to give up their time?

The point you are missing is all your activities are political, just as much as mine. Yes, they don't have a party attached but each small act of kindness helps build up communities to have a collective voice to say we shouldn't have to do this by ourselves - we want more support, more money for our local facilities, cleaner public places - that's a fair and reasonable ask from the people we put into positions of public service, who are paid to do what others are clearing up behind them for free.

They should be accountable for your efforts, don't crack on in silence - that way you won't get the support you, your community and so many others like you might need.

5 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Depends on the situation. Could even be part of a future election promise instead of a referendum. 

I’m not really saying we should have one. Just that I wouldn’t be surprised to see the debate return. The EU has done well since our absence.

Just now, London Wanderer said:

Depends on the situation. Could even be part of a future election promise instead of a referendum. 

I’m not really saying we should have one. Just that I wouldn’t be surprised to see the debate return. The EU has done well since our absence.

That’s a bold statement that I disagree with but it would take too long and I’m ready for another nap.

5 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Then why don’t Labour announce it in their manifesto. They are so far ahead they could just say ‘we will rejoin the Eu’

I refer back to my pervious post to RW's first assertation about a second referendum.

Lest anyone steals my identity and starts posting postive things about Bolty's posts, they are out there you know....

1 minute ago, Not in Crawley said:

You started the weirdness, m'lud.

We were having a lovely healthy chat about local politics.

No one has mentioned my point that the report that has got all of you excited, is actually a non story. 

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Because the dust hasn't settled yet. Politics is a long slow game.

And we did have a vote to join the Common Market. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1975_United_Kingdom_European_Communities_membership_referendum