Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

16 minutes ago, kent_white said:

I think they're just flying the flag aren't they? Which is understandable. I was on about weirdos turning up at 11 to celebrate on the square. 

Why is it 11 anyway?

Lighting the town hall in the union flag colours and dinging the bells too supposedly.

Edited by frank_spencer

7 minutes ago, royal white said:

I can’t believe people still think EU countries will make it difficult for us to enter. 

It’s only ST, he spouts nothing but utter bullshit on this subject, thankfully normal thinking folk who inhabit this site can easily and quickly identify and prove it’s just the usual utter bollocks. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

It’s only ST, he spouts nothing but utter bullshit on this subject, thankfully normal thinking folk who inhabit this site can easily and quickly identify and prove it’s just the usual utter bollocks. 

Says the guy who didn't know the difference between the WA and the PD😂

Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

Easy peasy... as predicted. 😂

Pretty sure my son went through more than that to work in Australia. He’s been there 5 years now and has permanent residency. I’m also sure that nothing has changed yet in CZ and won’t until the end of 2020. 
Im pissed off that that the freedom of movement may affect me and my future plans but that’s where we are and you have to work around it. Just like I did when my old company moved over to CZ for the cheap labour (80p an hour for skilled engineers) and financial incentives given by the EU. (What did the EU ever do for me, eh?)
Life doesn’t always go according to the way you planned it. It’s how you react that matters. As a remainer, I won’t be celebrating tonight but I am confident that we will emerge from this stronger. 🇬🇧🇨🇿🇦🇺

5 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

Pretty sure my son went through more than that to work in Australia. He’s been there 5 years now and has permanent residency. I’m also sure that nothing has changed yet in CZ and won’t until the end of 2020. 
Im pissed off that that the freedom of movement may affect me and my future plans but that’s where we are and you have to work around it. Just like I did when my old company moved over to CZ for the cheap labour (80p an hour for skilled engineers) and financial incentives given by the EU. (What did the EU ever do for me, eh?)
Life doesn’t always go according to the way you planned it. It’s how you react that matters. As a remainer, I won’t be celebrating tonight but I am confident that we will emerge from this stronger. 🇬🇧🇨🇿🇦🇺

Proper attitude, I salute you sir. I’m celebrating low key with a pint or 2 of Wainwright’s, tomorrow I’m having a few more in Bolton TC, first time been there for about 3 years, hope we beat the skiprats that’ll make it a better night.  🇬🇧

Edited by Mounts Kipper

4 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

Indeed; it’s your life, and one has to take responsibility for it.

Post of the day for me

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

One thing that I enjoyed today was listening to the radio as they all had some they experts on in their field regarding Brexit (I know, I know)

Anyway one fella said the digitised world would now be more of an impact than Brexit and that old alliances would likely mean much less in future. He was talking mainly about the US/UK there.  Maybe he is right there, but he did say the short term impact of Brexit would be negative. Not least because of the complexity of it all but he was mildly confident of a very basic trade deal for goods with the EU by the deadline agreed.

I am looking to the positives now and whilst I think we made a mistake we need to crack on. If it all goes to shit we can always tie Farage and Boris to a maypole and flog them to death :D

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, boltondiver said:

Difficult to show either way. We know of Spider’s troubles, but no others, specifically?

We're all aware of spider's troubles. It's interesting that his customers fucked off well before any agreements were reached and anyone knew what brexit looked like in terms of a WA or TA.

They obviously had their reasons, and maybe they panicked somewhat, but to say it was because of Brexit when they didn't know what it would actually mean for them seems somewhat premature.

Compare this to our Boby;

“I don’t know what to do anymore,” said Tanya Luker, standing in the corner of the Coach & Horses pub in central London this week. “We’re just like a group of unhappy people that don’t know what to do.”