Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, royal white said:

The remainers party looks good.

https://twitter.com/optosean/status/1222932683866759171?s=21

Look at all them young folk who have had their futures ruined by them owd racist thickos

What is it?

Can't open it.

Antoinette Sandbach in tears this morning, she's lighting a candle later, whilst Scottish towns are holding vigils.

I'm far from interested in attending any jingoistic piss ups later tonight, but fucking hell, I'd no idea we'd need to have hundreds of counsellors on standby elsewhere.

Well I'm just sad about it all today. 

I think the EU have been pretty dignified about our exit over the past day of two. Shame we couldn't reciprocate.

I see it a different way than a lot of you on here. Like we're turning our backs on our friends. And we're likely to be worse off for it. One of the biggest examples of cutting off your nose to spite your face in world history.

Sincerely hope those of you that think differently enjoy tonight. You've struggled for it for a long time. I also sincerely hope that you're the visionaries you claim to be. 

Just remember that there's a lot of your friends and family who'll be feeling differently than you tonight - and you need to bring us along to make a success of things. You won't be able to do it on your own. None of us can. So try to involve us and not alienate us. 

Fingers crossed for a brighter - less fractious future...... 🇬🇧🤝🇪🇺

6 minutes ago, kent_white said:

I think the EU have been pretty dignified about our exit over the past day of two. Shame we couldn't reciprocate.

I see it a different way than a lot of you on here. Like we're turning our backs on our friends. And we're likely to be worse off for it. One of the biggest examples of cutting off your nose to spite your face in world history.

Sincerely hope those of you that think differently enjoy tonight. You've struggled for it for a long time. I also sincerely hope that you're the visionaries you claim to be. 

Just remember that there's a lot of your friends and family who'll be feeling differently than you tonight - and you need to bring us along to make a success of things. You won't be able to do it on your own. None of us can. So try to involve us and not alienate us. 

I don’t imagine there will be too much gloating/over celebrating on here; we are, hopefully, better than that.

The EU will be, from 11.00pm tonight, our greatest allies, and largest trading bloc, for quite a while.

But we are different and it is time to move to our place.

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

What is it?

Can't open it.

Antoinette Sandbach in tears this morning, she's lighting a candle later, whilst Scottish towns are holding vigils.

I'm far from interested in attending any jingoistic piss ups later tonight, but fucking hell, I'd no idea we'd need to have hundreds of counsellors on standby elsewhere.

EU flag wavers in London, draped in fairy lights holding what looks like a vigil. 

• Site Supporter
49 minutes ago, kent_white said:

I have a couple of neighbours who voted remain. Neither are sad, crying, or lighting candles. Just another day, as it should be.

I really cant get my head around this "turning our backs on friends" stuff. If you're going to look at it that way, then I'd counter by saying we're opening ourselves to many millions more.

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I have a couple of neighbours who voted remain. Neither are sad, crying, or lighting candles. Just another day, as it should be.

I really cant get my head around this "turning our backs on friends" stuff. If you're going to look at it that way, then I'd counter by saying we're opening ourselves to many millions more.

Who are these millions we're opening ourselves to, that we didn't while we were in the EU?

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Cheese said:

Who are these millions we're opening ourselves to, that we didn't while we were in the EU?

You know full well what we're doing.

If you can't grasp the basic point I was making in response to Kent's then that's your problem.

You probably do however, but just want to carry on with your tedious rhetoric. Has cheesemart stocked up with candles?

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

You know full well what we're doing.

If you can't grasp the basic point I was making in response to Kent's then that's your problem.

You probably do however, but just want to carry on with your tedious rhetoric. Has cheesemart stocked up with candles?

It's a genuine question. As usual, you have no answer.

2 hours ago, kent_white said:

Utterly embarrassing! we’re leaving a political union that the majority of us disagree with the direction of travel. You/we are still allowed to be friends with folk from all over Europe, it’s staggering you see the opposite to me and that you feel the EU have acted in a dignified manner, they’ve spent over 3 years trying to frighten the U.K. and coerced with traitors here in the U.K. to try and overturn our democracy, they virtually stopped at nothing, we will not alienate the remainers who accepted the vote, the sad arse fuckers who still haven’t accepted it can jump off that cliff edge for all I care. 

3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Utterly embarrassing! we’re leaving a political union that the majority of us disagree with the direction of travel. You/we are still allowed to be friends with folk from all over Europe, it’s staggering you see the opposite to me and that you feel the EU have acted in a dignified manner, they’ve spent over 3 years trying to frighten the U.K. and coerced with traitors here in the U.K. to try and overturn our democracy, they virtually stopped at nothing, we will not alienate the remainers who accepted the vote, the sad arse fuckers who still haven’t accepted it can jump off that cliff edge for all I care. 

This 

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Have you been spending a bit more time with PaulHangry?

You do seem to be getting more annoyed by the day and I can’t figure out why. 

I thought you’d be happy that we’ve only got £12billion in payments left to give to the EU whilst having zero say.

Whats £12billion between friends though?

25 minutes ago, Spider said:

I thought you’d be happy that we’ve only got £12billion in payments left to give to the EU whilst having zero say.

Whats £12billion between friends though?

We'll be handing a lot more than that over, especially once we extend the transition period

1 minute ago, Sweep said:

We'll be handing a lot more than that over, especially once we extend the transition period

Article at work today by our cheif economist which would imply his views are that we won’t be extending the transition period per se. 

I would post it but it’s an internal document But he believes we won’t go wto and won’t extend. But will agree zero tariffs and quotas for a set period of time during which a formal trade agreement will be drafted, agreed and implemented. He doesn’t believe a formal agreement can be done within the year as too complex which would tie in with a lot of other views

time will tell

43 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

If ever my point was proved in the contents of one post - this is it.

For the less rabid, more cerebral leavers amongst you, it was meant to be conciliatory.

You've won. Everything. You can stop being angry now. If you aren't happy now, you never will be. Mounts - there's no hope for you pal.

6 minutes ago, kent_white said:

If ever my point was proved in the contents of one post - this is it.

For the less rabid, more cerebral leavers amongst you, it was meant to be conciliatory.

You've won. Everything. You can stop being angry now. If you aren't happy now, you never will be. Mounts - there's no hope for you pal.

Your post was full of utter bollocks, conciliatory my arse. I’m very happy we won, we’re leaving, but I don’t suffer fools very well. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

57 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

That was embarrassing indeed, enjoy your piss up tonight👍