Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

14 hours ago, Salford Trotter said:

If the UK diverge then how can there be a free trade deal, the two are not bed fellows? 

This is not an example of a free trade deal.... 

Whitehall sources have told The Daily Telegraph that while Mr Johnson wants to avoid tariffs and quotas on cross-Channel trade, he will never cave in to demands for alignment on regulations, despite knowing “the consequences that flow from that”.

It means Mr Johnson will tell businesses they might face extra paperwork and physical checks on goods crossing the border, a price he is willing to pay to avoid crossing his own “red lines”, which include the right to diverge on standards and regulations, full control of Britain’s fishing waters and the end of European judges’ influence in the UK.

Whitehall sources again. Let’s wait til it comes direct from the horses mouth or is in black and white before we start deciding what’s a trade deal and what’s not and what will be good for us and what’s not eh. 

ive repeatedly used my employer as a working example for discussio on here  and we are not seeing any issues or any fears in terms of what is to come. Maybe they have insight maybe they are being optimistic time will tell. Given we employ 300k people worldwide and trade across the globe you would think we have suitably qualified people on board to advise and guide the company. And if they aren’t overly concerned just now then im not going to be just yet. 

1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

Whitehall sources again. Let’s wait til it comes direct from the horses mouth or is in black and white before we start deciding what’s a trade deal and what’s not and what will be good for us and what’s not eh. 

ive repeatedly used my employer as a working example for discussio on here  and we are not seeing any issues or any fears in terms of what is to come. Maybe they have insight maybe they are being optimistic time will tell. Given we employ 300k people worldwide and trade across the globe you would think we have suitably qualified people on board to advise and guide the company. And if they aren’t overly concerned just now then im not going to be just yet. 

They should be panicking, surely?

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Spider said:

Are people really planning to celebrate tomorrow night?

Celebrating a membership card expiring?

Its not exactly a last minute winner against United is it?

Or a draw for Shrewsbury against Liverpool? 

32 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Mounts mentioned he might be off to the town hall. 

That still the plan?

Got my lad tomorrow as wife’s got body shop party, so we’re going out and it’s his call so no idea where we will end up yet. London was called off as didn’t want to miss BWFC v Skiprats. I will be raising a glass or 3 to celebrate. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Got my lad tomorrow as wife’s got body shop party, so we’re going out and it’s his call so no idea where we will end up yet. London was called off as didn’t want to miss BWFC v Skiprats. I will be raising a glass or 3 to celebrate. 

You’re celebrating a membership withdrawal?

wow. Must be some unmissable parties at your gaff 🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, Spider said:

Are people really planning to celebrate tomorrow night?

Celebrating a membership card expiring?

Its not exactly a last minute winner against United is it?

Only thing I will be celebrating tomorrow night will be a win over Dewsbury and cheering on the M 62 when we pass the Red Rose of Lancashire on the way home.

1 minute ago, leigh white said:

Only thing I will be celebrating tomorrow night will be a win over Dewsbury and cheering on the M 62 when we pass the Red Rose of Lancashire on the way home.

Only Red object that is any good you bitter Labour twat 😂😂😂🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀😊😘

• Members
1 hour ago, boltondiver said:

I thought it was climate change that was ruining their futures?

Do keep up BD. Needs to be spoken with a quivering lip and a Muppet Swedish chef with constipation accent "stolen my childhood" not "ruined our futures".

Tsk!