Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

16 minutes ago, Spider said:

This took all of about 3 minutes to find, over on the original Brexit thread. You little fibber. Or memory loss:

Mounts Kipper

• Assistant Manager
  • pip_ball5.gif
  • Mounts Kipper
  • Members
  • 28,501 posts
  On 24/06/2016 at 18:18, Boby Brno said:

This stupid project,as you call it, has brought prosperity to both the richer countries involved and the newer, former Soviet Block countries that could only dream of the freedom and opportunities that the European Union gave them.

There is no doubt that it has become a political mutant that had to be curbed. The best that can come from this is that the EU reacts and changes to reflect the mood of the people of Europe. The worst is that it implodes, as some people would wish and one of the largest economic markets in the world goes into recession.

The possible effect of political instability has even greater consequences.

I'm tired of arguing with folk who can't see that euro zone is a complete sham you crack on with your believe that Europe has bought prosperity tell that the the near 50% youth unemployment in many European countries and the Greek teachers who are trying to survive on less than 800 euros a month. It's over it's gone and yes there will be pain but to carry on this unsustainable charade wasn't an option.

I was stating an opinion based on facts, no where did I say I want it to fail. 

19 minutes ago, Spider said:

This took all of about 3 minutes to find, over on the original Brexit thread. You little fibber. Or memory loss:

Mounts Kipper

• Assistant Manager
  • pip_ball5.gif
  • Mounts Kipper
  • Members
  • 28,501 posts
  On 24/06/2016 at 18:18, Boby Brno said:

This stupid project,as you call it, has brought prosperity to both the richer countries involved and the newer, former Soviet Block countries that could only dream of the freedom and opportunities that the European Union gave them.

There is no doubt that it has become a political mutant that had to be curbed. The best that can come from this is that the EU reacts and changes to reflect the mood of the people of Europe. The worst is that it implodes, as some people would wish and one of the largest economic markets in the world goes into recession.

The possible effect of political instability has even greater consequences.

I'm tired of arguing with folk who can't see that euro zone is a complete sham you crack on with your believe that Europe has bought prosperity tell that the the near 50% youth unemployment in many European countries and the Greek teachers who are trying to survive on less than 800 euros a month. It's over it's gone and yes there will be pain but to carry on this unsustainable charade wasn't an option.

Told you I was a remainer.😊

Me and Mounts have since met and shook hands. The way it should be.👍

5 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

You’re confusing me with someone else. No anger from me. 

Not you directly Michael,  but those who have reverted to sides again and wishing the worst, instead of pulling together.

That sums those people up in a nutshell.

Have a good day pal and enjoy watching us ge beat, that's something we can all agree on 😊

1 minute ago, Boby Brno said:

Told you I was a remainer.😊

Me and Mounts have since met and shook hands. The way it should be.👍

I’ve no issue with remainers who accepted the result, it’s the fruit bats who continue with this divisiveness, truly think they are warped, weird folk, verging on mental illness. It was a pleasure to meet you boby, proper wanderer and and also an old Skool LH past. 👍

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I was stating an opinion based on facts, no where did I say I want it to fail. 

I'm a bit busy now, but I reckon somewhere in the bowels of these threads you have said the EU is a "failed project" or "doomed to fail" or " a waste of time and it needs scrapping"

I think you know you've said it too. 

It's ok. The point is that you can't expect people who didn't want to leave to suddenly beleive it will work. I wouldn't expect you to change your opinion either if you'd "lost".

What you're suggesting is mind control. It's a bit weird mate.

2 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Not you directly Michael,  but those who have reverted to sides again and wishing the worst, instead of pulling together.

That sums those people up in a nutshell.

Have a good day pal and enjoy watching us ge beat, that's something we can all agree on 😊

Cheers. I’ve no doubt we’ll be dogshit. 👍

1 minute ago, Spider said:

I'm a bit busy now, but I reckon somewhere in the bowels of these threads you have said the EU is a "failed project" or "doomed to fail" or " a waste of time and it needs scrapping"

I think you know you've said it too. 

It's ok. The point is that you can't expect people who didn't want to leave to suddenly beleive it will work. I wouldn't expect you to change your opinion either if you'd "lost".

What you're suggesting is mind control. It's a bit weird mate.

Trust me I’ve said many times I don’t want the EU to fail, but I believe it will if it continues on it’s current trajectory. 

1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

What was I saying about people who should be lined up and shot. Pathetic creature 

You’ve posted several times in the past few months about having people who disagree with you killed. It’s not normal. You keep doing it. Seek help. 

59 minutes ago, Spider said:

Had the vote been to remain, would you have adopted the same approach, or continued to bleat about how shit things were?

just for balance and that 

I was listening to LBC yesterday. They had a load of political scientists on talking about what would have happened if it had been 52/48 the other way. General consensus was that the fight to leave would have continued. Nigel Farage had already said he wouldn't accept the vote if it was close - and the Eurosceptics in the Tory party would have ousted David Cameron and got someone in like David Davis or maybe Boris that bit earlier. There was no way that it would have been the end of the story.

And I suspect if things do take a turn for the worse relatively quickly - we'll be hearing from the 'rejoiners'.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, kent_white said:

Saw this on Facebook this morning. Right up there with Muslamic Rayguns

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156701376752056&id=533592055

I saw it live. Brilliant bit of reporting; get some pissed up bloke to make sense of anything!

Then again, Keith Hill makes as much sense on interview.

2 hours ago, Spider said:

There’s some Turbocunts on both sides.

For every video of thick Brexiteers, there’s a tweet by Terry Christian.

My eyes are fixed firmly on The Deal.

It needs to be good or Boris - and by extension each and every person who voted for him - has fucked us.

Ive no issue with leaving the EU, but only if we get something better. Otherwise it’s all been rather pointless.

But better has to be better. Demonstrably so. Not just spirited platitudes and whimsical visions of a Dads Army Britain.

The Deal is everything now.

The ‘Deal’ won’t be ‘better’,  obviously, the EU will see to that

2 hours ago, Rudy’s Message said:

What’s the point though. We all have to live in this country, and the decision has been made. 
it’s like an ex leaving you and you just waiting for her to regret her decision. Stop worrying about the decision that’s been made and move on and accept it.

I’m afraid I’m not for letting those who pushed for this get off the hook so easily. They have what they wanted, it’s now time that decision was rightly held to account. I’m not doing anything to scupper it, and never have done, but there has been claims of sovereignty, more control, being held back from opening up to the world...ok, fair enough - now deliver. 

More money for the NHS, more money for schools, affordable housing, greater business opportunities....more fish! Come on lads, let’s have at you - I want to see the strategy, not platitudes, not slogans. Its your time to prove this was all worth it.

I hope the people you believed in knew what they were doing. I hope you did.