Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

10 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

I'd expect a few of these articles to pop up, with people saying that they always knew it would be bad for a few years, but after that it'll all be great  - of course, nobody will be willing to say how long it'll be bad for........1 year, 5 years or 10 years maybe?!?

Worryingly, that massive arsehole Farage has been a bit quiet of late, I'm sure he can't wait for the deal to be signed, so he can complain how it's not what anybody voted for, so that he can attempt to launch another political party

6 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I'd expect a few of these articles to pop up, with people saying that they always knew it would be bad for a few years, but after that it'll all be great  - of course, nobody will be willing to say how long it'll be bad for........1 year, 5 years or 10 years maybe?!?

Worryingly, that massive arsehole Farage has been a bit quiet of late, I'm sure he can't wait for the deal to be signed, so he can complain how it's not what anybody voted for, so that he can attempt to launch another political party

He's already launched!

Edited by boltondiver
uuuuuuuuuuuuu

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Looking at that link, it is correct that exports to the rest of the world are increasing. That is of course a good thing. However the immediate impact of a no deal on our imports as well as exports cannot be replaced overnight with trade to non-EU countries. It would take fucking years.

Yes the EU is protectionist but so is the US & China.

Even without Covid, I just can't see the benefits of leaving. Ah well, let's just hope it all turns out reet.

4 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Even without Covid, I just can't see the benefits of leaving. Ah well, let's just hope it all turns out reet.

Of course you can't. That's why Brexiteers are often seen as visionaries. Vision; the art of seeing the impossible!

😄

42 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

He was interviewed earlier. Definitely leaning towards no deal (or maybe the impossible deal). 

I heard him say the other week that anything other than no deal would be a betrayal of the vote..but who knows what he's thinking now. He needs to go opposite to whatever is decided so that he can try and stay relevant, and keep on that gravy train he pretends to detest so much

• Site Supporter
Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

I didn’t plan anything, many folk predicted it would go the last minute, it’s what the EU do. 

😁

They've all blinked.

So who’s going to back down?

Since you predict some things correctly. Well, here and there. Maybe.