Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
Just now, Winchester White said:

David Davis is a deluded fool. What has he said that has been in the money?

Because you don't agree with him?

Everything he has said on this matter has been accurate and has come to pass. But of course you clearly know better.

He's been in the job for a long time, I dont know what you do for a living, but I'm sure he wouldn't come along and make outlandish comments about your lack of competency, in your field.

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Your delivery will be unaffected. Whether you choose to believe it, well that's up to you.

As he explained years ago, this is precisely why the eu behave as they do. However as he also explained the German car market is and has been in Merkel's ear for some time and the deal is likely to be done in Berlin and other major capitals, not in eu headquarters in Brussels.

Then I’m happy enough.

Not so sure Brexiteers will be happy if that lorry is not checked properly as it enters a sovereign nation potentially full of illegals.

But I don’t give a fuck about that. I just need the material.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Winchester White said:

Yep. The problem is, one is now reality.

It is a bit like being in opposition and the Government. Only one has to deliver what they promised. 

You've already decided that that's not possible. You continually say what reality is and how bad it will be without having any knowledge of what will come to pass.

Only presumption of it being shit.

We might as well all pack in and become Hughmungi.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Spider said:

Then I’m happy enough.

Not so sure Brexiteers will be happy if that lorry is not checked properly as it enters a sovereign nation potentially full of illegals.

But I don’t give a fuck about that. I just need the material.

What the fuck are you papping on about now?

Illegals ffs!

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Because you don't agree with him?

Everything he has said on this matter has been accurate and has come to pass. But of course you clearly know better.

He's been in the job for a long time, I dont know what you do for a living, but I'm sure he wouldn't come along and make outlandish comments about your lack of competency, in your field.

Sorry but he talks rubbish. Even now he thinks we should somehow behold some sort of hold over the EU just because we are the UK. He's as bad as Farage.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

You've already decided that that's not possible. You continually say what reality is and how bad it will be without having any knowledge of what will come to pass.

Only presumption of it being shit.

We might as well all pack in and become Hughmungi.

No. We had a deal, it was thrown out by our Parliament. 

We are now going to settle on another deal, and as single market is out of the question it must be something else. I think it will be shit, you think otherwise.  Or we go WTO, who everyone on the planet apart from those who it wouldn't affect, think is madness.

37 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Listen to David Davies. Like him or not, he's the only one who has been on the money since the out vote.

The David Davies who said this?

"Be under no doubt: we can do deals with our trading partners, and we can do them quickly. I would expect the new prime minister on 9 September to immediately trigger a large round of global trade deals with all our most favoured trade partners. I would expect that the negotiation phase of most of them to be concluded within between 12 and 24 months."

And this

"There will be no downside to Brexit, only a considerable upside"

That fella?

Or maybe this David Davies in 2016?

"Within two years, before the negotiation with the EU is likely to be complete, and therefore before anything material has changed, we can negotiate a free trade area massively larger than the EU … The new trade agreements will come into force at the point of exit, but they will be fully negotiated"

• Site Supporter

I voted leave to clear the stifling bureaucracy of Brussels.

i also voted leave because this option was portrayed as easy.

milk. Honey. £350million a week. Deals done in weeks

Thats how it was sold. Anyone who says otherwise is a fucking liar. And saying “yeah but that was never going to be realistic, you knew what you were doing” is also a bit of a knob.

The whole thing was supposed to be done and dusted - dare I say oven ready - within a couple of years.

As time has moved on, this has clearly been bullshit.

The fact we are here, in December 2020, still unsure what next month will look like proves me right. Thank me now.

We are leaving. That argument has long since been put to bed. But we should not be shitting ourselves and relying on a handful of Etonian playboys to decide our future.

You know I’m right, but too many people are polarised to fuck about the whole thing and scared of admitting it’s a shitshow.

As Mr Grey says, things change. Being a stubborn cunt to maintain an argument just makes you look, well, a cunt.

Edited by Spider

8 minutes ago, Spider said:

I voted leave to clear the stifling bureaucracy of Brussels.

i also voted leave because this option was portrayed as easy.

milk. Honey. £350million a week. Deals done in weeks

Thats how it was sold. Anyone who says otherwise is a fucking liar. And saying “yeah but that was never going to be realistic, you knew what you were doing” is also a bit of a knob.

The whole thing was supposed to be done and dusted - dare I say oven ready - within a couple of years.

As time has moved on, this has clearly been bullshit.

The fact we are here, in December 2020, still unsure what next month will look like proves me right. Thank me now.

We are leaving. That argument has long since been put to bed. But we should not be shitting ourselves and relying on a handful of Etonian playboys to decide our future.

You know I’m right, but too many people are polarised to fuck about the whole thing and scared of admitting it’s a shitshow.

As Mr Grey says, things change. Being a stubborn cunt to maintain an argument just makes you look, well, a cunt.

You’re talking to yourself mate. There are 2 maybe 3 folk on this forum which that rambling could apply to. And none of them will give two fucks. But youre making out like there is a whole load of folk sharing these views there really isn’t. 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

You’re talking to yourself mate. There are 2 maybe 3 folk on this forum which that rambling could apply to. And none of them will give two fucks. But youre making out like there is a whole load of folk sharing these views there really isn’t. 

I’m comfortable enough with what I think

The opinion of someone like Mounts is a dusty irrelevance come next month.

My headline is this: it could have been sorted sooner.

Whatever the outcome would have been, we would have dealt with it and dealt with it well.

As it is, this last minute chucking of patio furniture means everyone will lose, and it didn’t need to be this way.

But a few are wanking themselves daft because they think it’s some sort of reality TV show and the people they are texting in to vote for are winning.

No winners here anymore.

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Rolls Royce is getting scalped. Work going to India. The Company in India is called Infosys. Infosys owned by Narayana Murthy. Narayana Murthy is Rishi Sunak’s billionaire father in law. #ForTheFew

Rishi is coming out of this as a bellend

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Clearly it was to you seeing you are so sure about it. 

Next time you vote, on anything, remind me if it’s because you want your selection to win.

Thats kinda what voting is

1 minute ago, Spider said:

Next time you vote, on anything, remind me if it’s because you want your selection to win.

Thats kinda what voting is

I won’t vote again. But thanks 

when I voted to leave. If remain had been the majority after the ballot. I would have just got on with my life. Same as I have after the majority voted to leave. Same as I will after we leave the eu. Same as I would do if we rejoined the EU later down the line. Same as I do every single day. It’s really honestly that simple to me. It might not be to you. It might be about winning and losing and posts claiming glory and the like and to some others. To me it’s not. You would do well to accept that rather than try and tell somebody how they think or act. 

• Members
16 hours ago, gonzo said:

I agree we stand up to them. But you can't blame them for wanting whats best for them either.

Afterall we started it all. They cant have us cherry picking what we want.

No. They fucking started it all in moving away from a free trading agreement called the Common Market to a political union/federalised Europe with a group of faceless Brussels based bureaucrats pulling the strings.

That's what was voted against - what they started.

14 hours ago, darwen_white said:

I'm a rational person, and have always wanted to leave without a deal. 

To talk about the EU getting the best deal and the UK getting the best deal and no one winning, to me, is irrational 

Ok.  We have 3 options. 
1 Deal - Better than WTO

2 WTO

3 Deal - Worse than WTO. 

No reason for us to take option 3. So the only options are 1 & 2. And you are choosing 2 ? That seems irrational TBH. 
A negotiation is about both sides coming away with the best possible deal which might not be the best deal for just one side. 
You would walk away with WTO terms so (I think) 10% tarriffs on cars, 22% on vans. ( the amounts are not that important to the point) rather than a deal to agree no tarriffs on cars ?