Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I didn’t want to open a can of worms as most folk know it to be true excepting the blind folk on here who don’t want to believe.  Anyhow here’s one example. 

https://www.fwi.co.uk/news/eu-livestock-welfare-laws-flouted

as they say none as blind as those who don’t see. 

That’s a law being obeyed here and the complaint is the welfare of the animal isn’t being upheld on the continent , are you saying this is disrupting our lives and it would make a huge difference to the farmers if they flouted the rule too and were allowed to treat animals worse?

Dont think that’s a good example of the point you are trying to make to be honest! 

Edited by fatolive
Predictive text didn’t make sense

14 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I didn’t want to open a can of worms as most folk know it to be true excepting the blind folk on here who don’t want to believe.  Anyhow here’s one example. 

https://www.fwi.co.uk/news/eu-livestock-welfare-laws-flouted

as they say none as blind as those who don’t see. 

An 18 year old article  ... wow

New flash the Titanic as sank

Edited by tyldesley_white

I'm not asking what other countries are doing. I'm asking which laws, that have been imposed on us, we don't like.

Even those laws that some places are flouting aren't bad are they, they're how things should be

You appear to be answering a different question to the one I asked.... I think

4 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Here they come the blind leading the blind. Care to comment on Germany being the top flouter of EU laws? 

I'm not arsed.

I'm asking which laws you don't like, not what laws you're angry that other countries aren't sticking to.

so... Other than your opinion on what other countries do or don't do, I'll ask again, which laws do you dislike

In fairness Mounts, you're not one of those who says they don't like the fact the EU imposes rules and regulations on us (probably because you know its not true)

Edited by Sweep

Below was the comment I made and one I was accused of swerving. 

“over bearing rules and regulations (that the UK abide by to the letter of the law” (while other countries don’t)

I posted examples of such, you now seem to want to change the question to something I didn’t itemize. I’m sorry I can’t be arsed answering a question to something I didn’t comment on. I’ve proved my point by posting examples. I’ll leave it at that. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

This was my comment and one I was accused of swerving. 

over bearing rules and regulations (that the UK abide by to the letter of the law while other countries don’t)

I posted examples of such, you now seem to want to change the question to something I didn’t itemize. I’m sorry I can’t be arsed answering a question to something I didn’t comment on. I’ve proved my point by posting examples. I’ll leave it at that. 

You were asked which laws affected you that you didn’t want imposing and posts a link to Europeans flouting cattle transport laws from ages ago. 

Not sure about the other link as I didn’t open it , but who’s flouting the laws is the issue ( in this case) it’s a law that’s its place to protect animals not really one you want to get rid of is it? 

If you are concerned about others flouting those laws then surely you are showing you want the law upheld, not removing? 

6 minutes ago, fatolive said:

You were asked which laws affected you that you didn’t want imposing and posts a link to Europeans flouting cattle transport laws from ages ago. 

Not sure about the other link as I didn’t open it , but who’s flouting the laws is the issue ( in this case) it’s a law that’s its place to protect animals not really one you want to get rid of is it? 

If you are concerned about others flouting those laws then surely you are showing you want the law upheld, not removing? 

If your not bothering to read my post properly or open the links then I’ll pass on debating with you if you don’t mind. 

• Site Supporter
Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

If your not bothering to read my post properly or open the links then I’ll pass on debating with you if you don’t mind. 

I opened the first link that you said was a law you objected to and it was a law about Europeans flouting a cattle transport law. 

Commented on that  saying it wasn’t a good example and asked why you thought it was and surley that was a law you would want upholding, especially seeing as you were concerned it was being flouted. 

i can see why you’ll pass on debating that and I don’t mind at all. 

1 minute ago, fatolive said:

I opened the first link that you said was a law you objected to and it was a law about Europeans flouting a cattle transport law. 

Commented on that  saying it wasn’t a good example and asked why you thought it was and surley that was a law you would want upholding, especially seeing as you were concerned it was being flouted. 

i can see why you’ll pass on debating that and I don’t mind at all. 

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Sweep said:

It generally is, I've yet to hear of any regulation that the draconian EU forced upon us that people think has hindered them, or prevented them from living a normal life. I'm sure somebody will be a long with a massive list soon.

I'm not saying this is why people voted out, but it is an often used excuse, but rarely if ever backed up

I'll give you one, which I have mentioned before.

The EU Directive on Equal Treatment: Unisex Annuities.

Since it is indisputable that life expectancy for females at any age is greater than for males of the same age, this means than annuities paid to men are reduced in every case. Not by much, I'll grant, but for wholly incorrect reasons enforced by the EU.

6 minutes ago, MalcolmW said:

Since it is indisputable that life expectancy for females at any age is greater than for males of the same age, this means than annuities paid to men are reduced in every case. Not by much, I'll grant, but for wholly incorrect reasons enforced by the EU.

They've disappeared tail between their legs. :) 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

7 minutes ago, MalcolmW said:

How come the UK didn't veto that law, or did we agree to it?

If the UK Parliament agreed to it, then they're as much to blame as the EU

If the EU passed that law and ignored our Parliaments objections, then they really are arseholes

Edited by Sweep

Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

Think I covered quite adequately my original remark. When you gonna mention the bus again? :) 

I don't mention the bus, no need to.

It'll be interesting to see what happens next, because other than you, everybody else in the country thinks its a bit of a shit storm, yet you seem to think its going really well and 100% according to plan.

For what it's worth, I reckon we'll end up staying for a few more years by postponing Article 50 for another couple of years. I'd rather we were just out, and then trying to fix it, this current situation is rubbish as we're being led by a Parliament that wants to stay

I read somewhere that, as a precaution to safeguard law and order in the event of hard Brexit/no deal, all armed forces leave has been cancelled from the end of March 2019. 

A hop, skip and jump from Martial Law, like some tinpot banana republic, yet some will still insist this isn't a total clusterfuck :angry:...

Edited by Youri McAnespie

2 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

I read somewhere that, as a precaution to safeguard law and order in the event of hard Brexit/no deal, all armed forces leave has been cancelled from the end of March 2019. d

A hop, skip and jump from Martial Law, like some tinpot banana republic, yet some will still insist this isn't a total clusterfuck :angry:...

I Think that’s been totally discredited further up this thread.  You obviously read the same bullshit as captain bullshit himself. (Cheese) 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

3 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

I read somewhere that, as a precaution to safeguard law and order in the event of hard Brexit/no deal, all armed forces leave has been cancelled from the end of March 2019. 

Yep you probably read cheeses made up bullshit. Or some other scarmonger spreading shit. 

I’m sure if you read it on a website that could be trusted you could tell us all which it was? 

• Site Supporter

I think you've both had a woosh moment.

Youri is probably alluding to the fact that even the mention of the armed forces being needed when we exit a trade deal is utter lunacy.

Mounts, I know you'll have predicted it, but the rest of us are fairly shocked by it, let me tell you.

1 hour ago, MalcolmW said:

Do you think we will change this if we leave?