Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

1 hour ago, royal white said:

There was no leak about what cheese said. Nothing it’s just an out and out lie or as what others may call as scarmongering. I know you tend to stand by his side and hold his hand on these debates but the army being cancelled leave is just utter bullshit. 

Ok, calm down and stop focusing on the inconsequential about your somewhat childish little tiff. Truth is a rather nebulous concept around Brexit so you shouting LIES! Every time someone disagrees with you is getting a bit boring. Please, change the record.

I’m not standing side to side with anyone, just letting you know what was reported in the leaked documents. The leaked doc did say that there is a possibility of police leave being cancelled and support in trouble spots from the army. But - The leave issue isn’t the point. 

The point is the government are obviously preparing some quite severe contingency measures in the light of no deal.

Which is quite serious.

And we as the public have a right to be concerned.

that all this was avoidable, and that some people would like to bicker over minor point scoring about playground level he said/she said tit for tat is what makes me shake my head slightly.

Just now, Not in Crawley said:

Ok, calm down and stop focusing on the inconsequential about your somewhat childish little tiff. Truth is a rather nebulous concept around Brexit so you shouting LIES! Every time someone disagrees with you is getting a bit boring. Please, change the record.

I’m not standing side to side with anyone, just letting you know what was reported in the leaked documents. The leaked doc did say that there is a possibility of police leave being cancelled and support in trouble spots from the army. But - The leave issue isn’t the point. 

The point is the government are obviously preparing some quite severe contingency measures in the light of no deal.

Which is quite serious.

And we as the public have a right to be concerned.

that all this was avoidable, and that some people would like to bicker over minor point scoring about playground level he said/she said tit for tat is what makes me shake my head slightly.

The leave issue is the point I’m arguing against though. Other points I have agreed with. What don’t you get? It’s a blatant lie. No where has it been said all army leave will be cancelled. I’m not arguing any other points. 

And when other people see lies like this they class it as scaremongering.

It’s really that simple.

14 minutes ago, royal white said:

The leave issue is the point I’m arguing against though. Other points I have agreed with. What don’t you get? It’s a blatant lie. No where has it been said all army leave will be cancelled. I’m not arguing any other points. 

And when other people see lies like this they class it as scaremongering.

It’s really that simple.

So you have no issue with an extra 2 billion to be set aside ( from May's magic money tree) or the 140000 firms that will be getting letters updating them on what to do or the 3500 troops put on standby to help government departments or is that just more scaremongering

11 minutes ago, tyldesley_white said:

So you have no issue with an extra 2 billion to be set aside ( from May's magic money tree) or the 140000 firms that will be getting letters updating them on what to do or the 3500 troops put on standby to help government departments or is that just more scaremongering

Fucks sake...I replied to a comment made by cheese which was a lie. Do you think he was telling the truth? The comment didn’t mention any of the above. 

As for the 3500 troops on standby they’re always on standby, nothing knew there. 

As for the 140000 letters, surely that’s good practice if they’re being told what to do? 

• Site Supporter

It looked like stupid woman to me earlier when I watched it.

I rewatched it now after his claim it was "stupid people" and frankly it could be that too.

If you have woman in your head its woman if you have people in your head its people.

However, people does make sense in the context of what was happening.

Time for Corbyn to go - the press will never let you be PM and your incompetence is preventing any real challenge to this shambolic government! 

• Site Supporter

The army is generally put on standby for potential disasters that we have little or no control over such as weather or calendars updating.

Sadly, this is entirely self-inflicted, regardless of which side you're on.

I'd be amazed if we saw troops on the streets come April, but the fact it's part of a contingency plan brought about by leaving an economic trading bloc is actually unique and cannot simply be batted away as "normal". It really isn't. It's normal when a massive fucking storm is heading in from the Atlantic.

Cheese has been, well... Cheese. However, the point about the military forming part of a back up solution is a bit of an eyebrow raiser.

I heard something quite interesting earlier from some German bloke I was talking to in Ipswich, and maybe everybody already knows this, and I'm the last to find out.

Well....he was telling me that this "they need us more than we need them" stuff, based on the fact that there is a trade deficit between the UK and the EU (it's about £70B I think, so pretty large is one way of looking at it.........well the other side of that coin is that 50% of everything the UK exports, goes to the EU......and only 8% of everything the EU exports comes to the UK. So it could be looked at that we need them more than they need us, as if there was a stand off, we'd be the first to blink.

He was quite an interesting chap actually, and said that if he'd been allowed to vote, he would have voted to leave. He's been in this country for about 20 years, and he hates how Ipswich is now just full of migrants (I know....). He also thinks that Merkel is a cunt, and has fucked Germany over for decades to come with her open door policy. He believes that the UK leaving is a good thing, as it'll mean that the EU has to reform, and then it can get back to being a trading block, which is what it should have remained as.

On 18/12/2018 at 09:33, Sweep said:

Out of interest, which particular rules and regulations are you looking for ward to us freeing ourselves from? - it's a serious question, as I can't off the top of my head think of a single rule and regulation that I have to abide to that really hinders my life or makes it a lot worse

I notice this one was swerved ....

36 minutes ago, gonzo said:

It generally is, I've yet to hear of any regulation that the draconian EU forced upon us that people think has hindered them, or prevented them from living a normal life. I'm sure somebody will be a long with a massive list soon.

I'm not saying this is why people voted out, but it is an often used excuse, but rarely if ever backed up

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Sweep said:

I heard something quite interesting earlier from some German bloke I was talking to in Ipswich, and maybe everybody already knows this, and I'm the last to find out.

Well....he was telling me that this "they need us more than we need them" stuff, based on the fact that there is a trade deficit between the UK and the EU (it's about £70B I think, so pretty large is one way of looking at it.........well the other side of that coin is that 50% of everything the UK exports, goes to the EU......and only 8% of everything the EU exports comes to the UK. So it could be looked at that we need them more than they need us, as if there was a stand off, we'd be the first to blink.

He was quite an interesting chap actually, and said that if he'd been allowed to vote, he would have voted to leave. He's been in this country for about 20 years, and he hates how Ipswich is now just full of migrants (I know....). He also thinks that Merkel is a cunt, and has fucked Germany over for decades to come with her open door policy. He believes that the UK leaving is a good thing, as it'll mean that the EU has to reform, and then it can get back to being a trading block, which is what it should have remained as.

Doesn't really matter. Fact is if between them all, they can't come up with and agree something, then all those companies in question face more uncertainty and a potential downturn.

Shame.

13 hours ago, gonzo said:

I didn’t want to open a can of worms as most folk know it to be true excepting the blind folk on here who don’t want to believe.  Anyhow here’s one example. 

https://www.fwi.co.uk/news/eu-livestock-welfare-laws-flouted

as they say none as blind as those cannot see. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

5 minutes ago, Sweep said:

So they're the laws that have hindered your life and made you worse off?

Blimey

Nothing to do with hindering my life you asked for examples you got one, I was accused of swerving the question,  here’s another example to back my argument up. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/angela-merkel-germany-breaks-more-eu-rules-worst-bottom-class-a8198271.html%3famp

like I say it’s a can of worms, the UK in general observes EU laws while other nations don’t, we’ve been mugged off for years.

Edited by Mounts Kipper