Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

16 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Are you telling me that the regional distribution of EU structural funding isn't a fact? Or that the government commitment so far does not replace that funding in the regions is not a fact?

Whats also a fact is that our GDP reduction since the Brexit vote alone is way more than £150M a week.

Perhaps you should take into account that we paid £150M a week for market access that enhanced our economic performance and access to a huge number of external trade deals that did likewise. We will easily have saved way more than our contribution had we not voted to leave. 

That can’t, be true - it wasn’t written on the side of a bus.

1 hour ago, Moon boy said:

‘That isn’t an ‘opinion’?  It’s exactly YOUR ‘opinion ‘

‘It’s a fact that the poorest areas of the country will be economically hit hardest by Brexit’ who said? That cannot be proved factually 

When we stop wasting £150mill a week for nothing along with the rest of our contribution the ELECTED U.K. Government can spend that money on anything it likes, elect a Government that will look after the hardest hit areas, we can do that ourselves we don’t need ‘fairy godfathers’ in Brussels 

The more you post the more I think "Fuck it then. Brexit means Brexit".

1 hour ago, Moon boy said:

‘It’s a fact that the poorest areas of the country will be economically hit hardest by Brexit’ who said? That cannot be proved factually 

When we stop wasting £150mill a week for nothing along with the rest of our contribution the ELECTED U.K. Government can spend that money on anything it likes, elect a Government that will look after the hardest hit areas, we can do that ourselves we don’t need ‘fairy godfathers’ in Brussels 

Even Farage said we'd be worse off outside of the EU but have you asked him for proof? As BD said yesterday this whole brexit project is not about being better off its about control of laws and borders. I think pretty much everybody accepts that our economy will be smaller as a result of Brexit. The trade deals we negotiate will be no better than what we have currently but most likely worse

5 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Conned? Our economic performance since joining has been infinitely better than before joined. We've enjoyed huge success in the EU.

That is a fact.

Now we're leaving because people have been told that a) we'll be better off out of it (a lie) and once that lie couldn't hold anyway were told b) that even though we'll be worse off it will be worth it because we can make our own laws (a truth hiding a lie).

Believe what you want, you always do

On 15/05/2019 at 10:24, Salford Trotter said:

Pretty much, i am constantly reminded by what Patrick Minford the pro-leave economist said about the state of UK manufacturing post brexit and shudder at the prospect this will have on UK jobs. He said, “Over time, if we left the EU, it seems likely that we would mostly eliminate manufacturing, leaving mainly industries such as design, marketing and hi-tech. But this shouldn’t scare us.”

Well Mr Minford, it will scare those 2.7m employed in our manufacturing industries because they will be left without a pot to piss in 

Here you go Pete, a nice feel good story from a local outfit.

These manufacturers have got more than a pot to piss in...........despite of Brexit :D

Over to you sir....

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/17645195.proud-bolton-healthcare-firm-vernacare-enjoys-huge-growth-as-it-fights-infection-and-protects-the-planet/

49 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Here you go Pete, a nice feel good story from a local outfit.

These manufacturers have got more than a pot to piss in...........despite of Brexit :D

Over to you sir....

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/17645195.proud-bolton-healthcare-firm-vernacare-enjoys-huge-growth-as-it-fights-infection-and-protects-the-planet/

That's great Si👏👏👏

And all done while we are still in the EU, who would've thought that? 😉

Just now, Salford Trotter said:

That's great Si👏👏👏

And all done while we are still in the EU, who would've thought that? 😉

Stop it now Pete....I think you’ll find they’re more global than anything.....and they’ve doubled their turnover in the past 12 months...who’d have thought that when the world would stop due to BREXIT :D

How’s Mr Minford today ? Did he set up a food bank for those poor 2.7 million starving manufacturers?

Yet another prediction which will be batted out of court.

1 minute ago, miamiwhite said:

Stop it now Pete....I think you’ll find they’re more global than anything.....and they’ve doubled their turnover in the past 12 months...who’d have thought that when the world would stop due to BREXIT :D

How’s Mr Minford today ? Did he set up a food bank for those poor 2.7 million starving manufacturers?

Yet another prediction which will be batted out of court.

He is a pro leaver economist Si so you will have to ask him and best buddy Jacob about the food bank. 😋

Sue says Hi mate

15 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

He is a pro leaver economist Si so you will have to ask him and best buddy Jacob about the food bank. 😋

Sue says Hi mate

Say Hi to Sue too for me please mate, she’s a lovely lady and a real Leave voter.

Aside from the Brexit malarkey, always good seeing a local firm thriving in the current times.

52 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

750 pages of back & forth arguing & not one of you fuckers have budged an inch!.... Time to get a new hobby? 😁

No one will budge an inch P, so it will make the Visionary Victory even sweeter.

The remainer voters can spit as much bile and venom as they like, we are leaving, they’d better get used to it :D

6 hours ago, Moon boy said:

Ok then, prove otherwise. How are the poorest parts of the UK going to benefit from leaving the EU?

Any answer that includes the government will do this (despite no government of either red or blue hue doing anything of the such) will be discounted on the basis of historical bunkum.

Edited by Not in Crawley

1 minute ago, Not in Crawley said:

Ok then, prove otherwise. How are the poorest parts of the UK going to benefit from leaving the EU?

I can’t because it’s not a FACT

If they are going to be poorer because of removal of the money that we give to the EU so the EU can give it to poorer areas we can just give OUR money to the poorer areas and cut out the EU, simples

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

No one will budge an inch P, so it will make the Visionary Victory even sweeter.

The remainer voters can spit as much bile and venom as they like, we are leaving, they’d better get used to it :D

We are used to it. What sticks in the throat is the fact that we'll all be worse off. Even you. Even prominent Leavers now admit it, but you ignore them and pretend the lies they told you previous to the referendum are still true.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

If they are going to be poorer because of removal of the money that we give to the EU so the EU can give it to poorer areas we can just give OUR money to the poorer areas and cut out the EU, simples

So when that doesn't happen, who are you going to blame? 

4 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

That doesn’t answer the question though, does it?

If in the last 40 years the disparity in areas of the UK has grown worse, mainly due to government policies on wealth generation being ploughed into white collar sectors, why do you think this will change if we’re not in the EU?

2 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

If in the last 40 years the disparity in areas of the UK has grown worse, mainly due to government policies on wealth generation being ploughed into white collar sectors, why do you think this will change if we’re not in the EU?

I’m not saying it will but it’s possible the recent upheaval in the main parties could well see a new party come to the fore and make drastic changes which the main ones currently don’t do.

If such a party came along and made wealth distribution and generation as their main manifesto point, then it would be a vote winner in many areas.

The government has to change many things,and that is certainly one of them.

4 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

That’s one hell of a gamble to take though admittedly?

Sorry - edit - and one that rather flies in the face of British political history?

Totally agree with you, but something has to change.

We’ve all woken up at last to how shoddy both major parties are and have been for many decades. I think it’s safe to say they’re both totally removed from the average working man and woman.

Historically, everything they said or in later years broadcast was taken as gospel. The advent of social media etc has many disadvantages but it’s opened up many people’s eyes.

The future is actually quite scary, I’m glad I’ll be dead in a few decades if I’m lucky :D

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Totally agree with you, but something has to change.

We’ve all woken up at last to how shoddy both major parties are and have been for many decades. I think 

The future is actually quite scary, I’m glad I’ll be dead in a few decades if I’m lucky :D

And you'll still be posting on this thread from the other side 😁

18 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

You’ve answered your own question, ‘in the last 40 years............., do you mean while we’ve been a member of the EU

Disparity in areas of the U.K. has obvious all my life (65 years), it’s nothing to do with our membership of a failed cartel