Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

19 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

Probably😂

Scary thing the Prof is meant to be an expert so if it does transpire he is right, even partially, then there will be some angry people who will feel they have been duped

He could be right but manufacturing here has been at a steady decline for many years.

Time to look at the emerging powers and countries responsible for most of the world’s growth and we know where that comes from eh pal ?

Certainly not the EU.

Here’s a prediction...once the Brexit dust settles and others follow suit....watch the decline in EU trade deals from their usual main countries,, as folk will be more concerned with that project inevitably falling apart, and yes, the leaders like Juncker,Macron etc all admit this.

Have a good un pal, I’m off out for a while, need to top up my tan.....

3 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

He could be right but manufacturing here has been at a steady decline for many years.

Time to look at the emerging powers and countries responsible for most of the world’s growth and we know where that comes from eh pal ?

Certainly not the EU.

Here’s a prediction...once the Brexit dust settles and others follow suit....watch the decline in EU trade deals from their usual main countries,, as folk will be more concerned with that project inevitably falling apart, and yes, the leaders like Juncker,Macron etc all admit this.

Where are you?

17 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Certainly not the EU.

😎 You too mate

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Or perhaps people were misled systematically over a period of years that the EU was to blame for things that it had absolutely no part in? 

There is the rub. The EU is commonly misrepresented by Brexiteers to audiences who voted to leave. And you don't need to look hard to see the inaccuracies.

If someone repeatedly tells you something is to blame, its easier to agree than to look for the evidence. 

Miss the point entirely. Again.

If it was so bloody good, no one would want to leave. Farage et al would have no axe to grind and barring to odd individual with way off the scale views, no one would have any reason to listen.

Talking of inaccuracies, just read Miami's comments about Osborne.

Funny how when he and the rest of his cohorts repeatedly told us something, few really listened. And we're proved correct.

The EU and its supporters simply didn't put a good enough case forward.

Tough.

38 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Miss the point entirely. Again.

If it was so bloody good, no one would want to leave. Farage et al would have no axe to grind and barring to odd individual with way off the scale views, no one would have any reason to listen.

Talking of inaccuracies, just read Miami's comments about Osborne.

Funny how when he and the rest of his cohorts repeatedly told us something, few really listened. And we're proved correct.

The EU and its supporters simply didn't put a good enough case forward.

Tough.

Wasn’t it Juncker who recently said they hadn’t paid much attention to the Brexit vote ?

They all thought it was a hissy fit from some silly Brits, how little did they know.

Re bwfcfan5’s utterly pathetic pro EU stance, here’s a point....if it’s so good, why do Guy Fuckwit, Barnier, Selmayr, Juncker, Merkel and many more key players in their team, admit it’s in danger of falling apart and needs urgent reform ?

Dont worry though, bwfcfan5 knows much more about it than its own leaders :D

3 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

If it’s so good, why do Guy Fuckwit, Barnier, Selmayr, Juncker, Merkel and many more key players in their team, admit it’s in danger of falling apart and needs urgent reform ?

Because one of its most influential members has just voted to leave?

TM and JC are happy to let the Brexit issue drift along but after the EU vote next week the Brexit Party will have the initiative and the momentum, going forward Farage has already said he’s going to recruit 650 MP’s from all walks of life to fight a General Election

A General Election is the inevitable way to sort out this impasse, the In/Out question is proving too difficult for the current crop of elected MP’s so we need to start again

Between now and October my guess is that the Conservatives will have chosen a new Leader, someone prepared to enact the result of the Referendum and they will be the Leave Party along with the  Brexit Party

Once a GE has been confirmed Labour will have a massive internal dog fight, Starmer, Watson, Cooper and their ilk will try to take over but Corbyn, McDonnell and Momentum will resist, the winners will have to remove the splinters from their arse and get off the fence and declare if they are Leave or Remain

The other parties Lib Dem’s/ Tigs/ Change/ Greens will be irrelevant in the big picture

After a GE this issue should get sorted one way or another, this is the only way to put it bed and move on

27 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Because one of its most influential members has just voted to leave?

Here  at are smart arse, fresh off the press from one of your heroes.

His own admission should be enough to send shivers down your spine........30 love to us :D

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1127612/eu-news-guy-verhofstadt-europe-reform-brexit-latest-update-theresa-may-deal-vote

5 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Here  at are smart arse, fresh off the press from one of your heroes.

His own admission should be enough to send shivers down your spine........30 love to us :D

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1127612/eu-news-guy-verhofstadt-europe-reform-brexit-latest-update-theresa-may-deal-vote

Not really - if I was a betting man I'd put money on him being right. We'll be remembered as the catalyst. Which will probably make you tumescent.

Just now, kent_white said:

Not really - if I was a betting man I'd put money on him being right. We'll be remembered as the catalyst. Which will probably make you tumescent.

So then, this obviously begs the question.

Why would you want to be part of a failing project ? A project that one of its own most powerful politicians openly admits is failing ?

Take your time son.....

Oh....Visionaries is the word you’re looking for :D

Matchpoint.

Just now, miamiwhite said:

Why would you want to be part of a failing project ? A project that one of its own most powerful politicians openly admits is failing ?

Take your time son.....

Matchpoint.

Because if we remained part of it - it wouldn't fail. We shat on our friends and partners sadly.

By the way - I couldn't help notice that this is  one of your pantomime villains and part of an EU that will 'never reform' openly calling for reform.

And why do you always assume you're winning an argument? I bet you were proper annoying in the playground :)

Let’s look at a few proven failures of the EU.

bureaucratic nightmare - endless red tape, due to its Treaties. Macron admitted last year the EU would soon have to function in 3 circles, imagine that struggle then.

migrant crisis - absolute disaster openly admitted by the dishonourable Angela Merkel

economic growth - which has been a disaster in the last decade, anaemic growth  compared to rapid advances elsewhere in the world.

fiscal reporting - have they actually ever been open on their accts ?

corruption - a huge story on this the other year, I covered it hundreds of pages ago.

austerity measures - the Greece fiasco says it all.

undemocratic - referenda in France 2005, The Netherlands  2005 and Ireland 2008 all resulted in No votes on various iterations of the EU   treaties. These referenda results were followed by revised versions of the EU treaties and implemented anyway....hardly democratic.

Historical success does not ensure future success, and the EU is clearly struggling now.

The challenges ahead on reform, immigration, economic growth and populism will ensure the EU collapses.

3 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Because if we remained part of it - it wouldn't fail. We shat on our friends and partners sadly.

By the way - I couldn't help notice that this is  one of your pantomime villains and part of an EU that will 'never reform' openly calling for reform.

And why do you always assume you're winning an argument? I bet you were proper annoying in the playground :)

If we remained it wouldn’t fail ? Priceless fella :D

Do you actually watch international news and the discontent in many member states ?

French yellow vests still going strong after 26 weeks, Swedes fed up of it all, Germans saying the same........aye, we’re an integral part my waxed shiny arse.

The EU won’t reform, it will crumble.

As for winning an argument, the answers are above, just open your eyes and ears for once pal.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, miamiwhite said:

Take your time son.....

Matchpoint.

I think you have a point, however he is far from one of the most powerful EU politicians. No more powerful than Nigel Farage in the EUP.