Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

4 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Bless. You missed my point by a roofers mile. Pick up a book rather than twitter and we’ll have a chat.

and yes, I’m patronising the fuck outta ya 😄

I’m in the smoke on Sunday June 2nd, please come and educate me over a few beers. At my expense of course :D

Oh, and do me a good deal on a theatre show please.

8 hours ago, Cheese said:

Who do you want to elect after we leave then? 

A Government that fairly redistributes wealth throughput the U.K., I only have one vote, the Majority will rule, that’s Democracy 

Or it used to be

Edited by Moon boy

11 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

A Government that fairly redistributes wealth throughput the U.K., I only have one vote, the Majority will rule, that’s Democracy 

Or it used to be

What is a “fair” distribution? The wealth generated in London being redistributed to prop up the regions? Or wealth being spent where it is generated (and London therefore keeping a huge amount to spend on itself)?

7 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

What is a “fair” distribution? The wealth generated in London being redistributed to prop up the regions? Or wealth being spent where it is generated (and London therefore keeping a huge amount to spend on itself)?

I’ll know it when I see it

7 hours ago, miamiwhite said:

I’m in the smoke on Sunday June 2nd, please come and educate me over a few beers. At my expense of course :D

Oh, and do me a good deal on a theatre show please.

I’d love to but I’m on holiday. 

Nothing in town worth watching at the moment - give it a few months and Three Sisters by Malay theatre is in - that’s worth the money. 

42 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

I’ll know it when I see it

That’s a cop out, even for you. 

I’ll rephrase if it helps. If you held the purse strings, would you redistribute the wealth that London generates to the poorer regions, or would you rather each region gets to spend what that region generates?

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Moon boy said:

Or it used to be

Who did you vote for in the last General Election? 

3 hours ago, Jol_BWFC said:

I’ll rephrase if it helps. If you held the purse strings, would you redistribute the wealth that London generates to the poorer regions, or would you rather each region gets to spend what that region generates?

Q1, Is London part of the U.K.?

If your answer to Q1 is yes, then the wealth created in all regions of the U.K. should be used wisely by the ELECTED Government of the UK

If your answer to Q1 is no, I await your supplementary question

3 hours ago, Jol_BWFC said:

It's not an easy question, I certainly don't think the South East should be propping up other parts of the country - fuck 'em, if they can't stand on their own two feet, then they need to work it out for themselves, and stop waiting for handouts from Central government. As it stands, I think it's clear that the South East gets far more investment than other parts of the UK, and no way will that change if we're in or out of the EU - I'd suggest that once we leave, the poorer areas will get even less than they do now, as they won't get the benefits of EU grants, the South East will continue to, quite rightly, look after itself

8 minutes ago, Sweep said:

It's not an easy question, I certainly don't think the South East should be propping up other parts of the country - fuck 'em, if they can't stand on their own two feet, then they need to work it out for themselves, and stop waiting for handouts from Central government. As it stands, I think it's clear that the South East gets far more investment than other parts of the UK, and no way will that change if we're in or out of the EU - I'd suggest that once we leave, the poorer areas will get even less than they do now, as they won't get the benefits of EU grants, the South East will continue to, quite rightly, look after itself

If you expect areas to "stand alone" then they should be able to govern themselves and manage their own budgets. The North and Midlands and North East contain run down areas because of central government. You cannot stand alone when you haven't the ability to do so. 

no surprises in that really, although to be fair, I suspect even the majority of people who want to leave the EU think Nigel is a cunt as well, he's a proven liar, who is clearly in it for himself, and always has been 

10 minutes ago, Sweep said:

no surprises in that really, although to be fair, I suspect even the majority of people who want to leave the EU think Nigel is a cunt as well, he's a proven liar, who is clearly in it for himself, and always has been 

Anyone who thinks that he is a liar but still votes for him is a cretin.

And to think that one of the reasons brexiteers want out of the EU because of all the so called 'murky dealings' of the EU elite yet the man they worship has his snout in the trough with the rest of them, you couldn't make it up! 

Edited by Salford Trotter