Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

In their 2016 Report (dated March 2017) the Board of Carillion identified the four greatest risks facing the company as:

• Winning new business
  • Contract management
  • Pensions Liabilities
  • BREXIT
These were the only high risks with high impact identified

They were fucked for years before Brexit was even mentioned Mick.

Take a look at their company records..all well documented.

Must have got reported Si, the day after all the rolls had been moved straight to our job. :)

Haha...it must have been Mick. They had CCTV everywhere didn’t they ?

It was bloody hard trying to sneak a cig without them sussing us.

Saved our legs though when they carted all the gear up to the Pumpkin Bar.

Haha...it must have been Mick. They had CCTV everywhere didn’t they ?

It was bloody hard trying to sneak a cig without them sussing us.

Saved our legs though when they carted all the gear up to the Pumpkin Bar.

That block and tackle was a waste of time what they erected, quicker up the ladder with a roll on your back,

That block and tackle was a waste of time what they erected, quicker up the ladder with a roll on your back,

Without doubt mate, it was only about 8ft high as well.

That new high tech roof they put on actually collapsed last year when it pissed down.

Weight of the water brought it down.

Without doubt mate, it was only about 8ft high as well.

That new high tech roof they put on actually collapsed last year when it pissed down.

Weight of the water brought it down.

Ha ha, they can't blame us for that, one of the dearest pints in Manc now is the Pumpkin Bar.

• Members

Go for a pair of these mate. After first checking carefully that all of the materials, manufacturing and distribution issues have been managed ethically of course.

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/71634219/unisex-maori-sandal-chocolate-brown?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=mens%20hippie%20shoes&ref=sc_gallery-1-1&plkey=7ba84fb3fe394b6043ce0194b296bcbd15cfa3c4:71634219

I could use them for splatting spiders I suppose (not Spider off here).

• Site Supporter

In their 2016 Report (dated March 2017) the Board of Carillion identified the four greatest risks facing the company as:

• Winning new business
  • Contract management
  • Pensions Liabilities
  • BREXIT
These were the only high risks with high impact identified

Surely if winning new business is the biggest risk to your business, then you are well and truly fucked, even before anything else that might or might not happen.

Surely if winning new business is the biggest risk to your business, then you are well and truly fucked, even before anything else that might or might not happen.

Was thinking that myself but then I know next to F'all about business  It would seem a prerequisite though?

• Site Supporter

Carrillion winning business is a risk due to the way they tendered, meant a lot of tenders they won actually caused them to lose money, not sure if thats what they meant though !

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42666275

Looks like dodgy contracts and delayed payments from the Middle East had a lot to do with the downfall.

Board meeting “ we”re in the shit folks”

Other board members “fuck it....let’s blame Brexit for our fuck ups”

“aye, all agreed, vote carried”

Very poor management IMHO.

Sad to see so many folk lose their jobs and livelihood, I imagine the knock on effect from this will be considerable.

• Site Supporter

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42666275

Looks like dodgy contracts and delayed payments from the Middle East had a lot to do with the downfall.

Board meeting “ we”re in the shit folks”

Other board members “fuck it....let’s blame Brexit for our fuck ups”

“aye, all agreed, vote carried”

Of course. Because all the major Carillion shareholders are elitist snowflake Remoaners, and of course that's exactly how board meetings work.

• Site Supporter

Carrillion winning business is a risk due to the way they tendered, meant a lot of tenders they won actually caused them to lose money, not sure if thats what they meant though !

Yes, I heard they were losing money on contracts; surely though if you know that, then you stop stupid tenders.

If you don't win fine. If you do you make money.

Wank management.

• Site Supporter

Yes, I heard they were losing money on contracts; surely though if you know that, then you stop stupid tenders.

Wank management.

sums it up. bit like the bloke putting pound coins in a bandit convincing himself the next one will cover the loss of the others when it comes up but in reality will never win.

Of course. Because all the major Carillion shareholders are elitist snowflake Remoaners, and of course that's exactly how board meetings work.

Stop being a total twat will you ?

It was merely a play on what Leigh White said last night re the report highlighting Brexit as a possible concern for them.

They were well and truly fucked even before the Brexit referendum came into play.

Instead of being argumentative, your strong point I may add...........please research their history and warnings.

It’s all in their RNSs...easily found on Investegate.

See you later Dumbo.

Wank management.

A roofing firm in Bolton did exactly the same......lured into loss making contracts in the belief they’d win bigger and more lucrative contracts in the next round of tendering.

Guess what ?

They went bust the other year too.

Absolute wank management is spot on here buddy.

• Site Supporter

Stop being a total twat will you ?

It was merely a play on what Leigh White said last night re the report highlighting Brexit as a possible concern for them.

They were well and truly fucked even before the Brexit referendum came into play.

Instead of being argumentative, your strong point I may add...........please research their history and warnings.

It’s all in their RNSs...easily found on Investegate.

See you later Dumbo.

Yes, I remember you warning us all about the Carillion collapse years ago when you were researching them....

And "Dumbo". Hahahaha  :thumbsup: