Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sweaty Ken

Lostock Whites

Some months cashflow is better than others.

Ken puts it in when needed and takes it back out when there's a surplus.

I remember as a kid, there being a tin in the kitchen with money in for bills, sometimes my mum would dip into it to buy food and put it back on payday.

Although that's not as exciting as the Bolton News etc suggesting Ken's siphoning, it's pretty much the same thing. ie NOT a story.

Ken can run the club how the fuck he likes, that's one of the perks of owning it. he says we're likely to actually make a small profit this year : nobody expected that within 2yrs of near extinction : THAT should be the story.

I remember as a kid, there being a tin in the kitchen with money in for bills, sometimes my mum would dip into it to buy food and put it back on payday.

Although that's not as exciting as the Bolton News etc suggesting Ken's siphoning, it's pretty much the same thing. ie NOT a story.

Ken can run the club how the fuck he likes, that's one of the perks of owning it. he says we're likely to actually make a small profit this year : nobody expected that within 2yrs of near extinction : THAT should be the story.

Exactly. He made it very clear how the club runs. Whilst clearly it is reliant on someone bridging cash flow, it does seem longer term to be becoming self sufficient.

That won't be enough for the usual twitter suspects, who will continue to try and paint Ken as an evil villain. However, we're in the boy who cried wolf. How many times have they said "see what happens in next few months" and the club is still here 2 years down the line.

he says we're likely to actually make a small profit this year : nobody expected that within 2yrs of near extinction : THAT should be the story.

Exactly that!! It’s fucking remarkable progress, yet the cretins and mongalongs would rather dig at anything they can and cast shade and doubt rather than praise the progress made.

I often wish Ken would say less, he’d certainly get an easier ride if he did.

• Site Supporter

Why the fuck does he have to?

It’s his business ffs.

He doesn't. But having explained it one way previously and differently now he's providing fuel for the detractors.

Maybe it's water off a ducks back to him and he's not bothered but I'm sure he'd prefer less hassle.

• Site Supporter

AND he doesn't have to put ANY money in to subsidise the club, interest-free. He could just allow the club to manage the cashflow accordingly and piss off suppliers. But he knows that's not helping the clubs "reputation" and day-to-day running.

Some folk think he is responsible to pay bills because he is the owner (same for ED). He is totally within his rights to put in as a proper loan and add interest.

If he puts us on steady ship and makes himself a load of cash whilst doing it, then thats ok with me.

He doesn't. But having explained it one way previously and differently now he's providing fuel for the detractors.

Maybe it's water off a ducks back to him and he's not bothered but I'm sure he'd prefer less hassle.

He's only ever explained it one way. He bridges cashflow issues the club has. He's never said any different to my knowledge. 

• Site Supporter

He's only ever explained it one way. He bridges cashflow issues the club has. He's never said any different to my knowledge.

Not in the interview with dearden he doesn't. No mention of getting the money back, which he previously said. Like I said previously it doesn't really matter, but consistency would help shut his detractors up.

Additionally, if he has indeed put his own money in to help keep the club afloat, and not taken any back then that's even more power to his elbow.

Shout it from the rooftops and shut the fuckers up.

• Moderators

when he puts his own money in, does that come from the 500k consultancy fee he pays himself?

I think most people had previously been led to believe he put money in to keep things going then took it back as soon as he could

that isn't what he suggests in the brief snippet, he just suggest it goes in 

was also led to believe previously ED chipped in, is he mentioned in the full interview?

I'm not really arsed like - but are taking this latest interview as gospel? 

he puts money in, he doesn't take it out, it's his money, and ED doesn't chip in?

if that's how it is, fair play to him

Not in the interview with dearden he doesn't. No mention of getting the money back, which he previously said. Like I said previously it doesn't really matter, but consistency would help shut his detractors up.

Additionally, if he has indeed put his own money in to help keep the club afloat, and not taken any back then that's even more power to his elbow.

Precisely. I’m thinking Ken being a little bit economical with the truth. No issue from me but the love in on here is at times toe curling. Edited by Mounts Kipper

He says ‘it’s in and out’.

Go on i’ll play... who’s unconditionally behind KA?

You sound remarkably similar to those massive bellends at the ST.

There’s plenty on here. I’ll also play what’s your position on KA? To clarify mine he’s got my support while he’s doing the right thing by BWFC, don’t think we will know for sure until he’s left the club and that’s when I’ll make a considered judgement on his ownership. For now I’ll take a cautious standpoint. Edited by Mounts Kipper

Precisely. I’m thinking Ken being a little bit economical with the truth. No issue from me but the love in on here is at times toe curling.

There’s really no love in mounts.

Just a respect of the job they’ve done, where we were and where we are now.

It’s work in progress.

If your mates from the trust and the twitter idiots were out in force on a daily basis trying to sling shit about maybe folk wouldn’t need to jump to the owners defence so much.

We can’t sign anyone- the owners are a disgrace and only in it for themselves.

We sign someone - they aren’t good enough because the owners are a disgrace and only in it for themselves.

They can’t win whatever they do.

They’ve recovered the club from near insolvency to a profit making organisation in 2 and a bit seasons.

There’s really no love in mounts.

Just a respect of the job they’ve done, where we were and where we are now.

It’s work in progress.

If your mates from the trust and the twitter idiots were out in force on a daily basis trying to sling shit about maybe folk wouldn’t need to jump to the owners defence so much.

We can’t sign anyone- the owners are a disgrace and only in it for themselves.

We sign someone - they aren’t good enough because the owners are a disgrace and only in it for themselves.

They can’t win whatever they do.

They’ve recovered the club from near insolvency to a profit making organisation in 2 and a bit seasons.

Who are these mythical mates of mine from the Trust? I’ve been to 3 steering group meetings to give my point of view along with other fans, and I’m not on the board.

I was asked to express my views to give board members my opinion, other fans have also taken the opportunity, some off here have been asked and declined, these Twitter shits are they ST members? I don’t know but I’m sure many trust members are pro ken some are neutral, others cautiously optimistic ( I put myself in that category) and of course others are anti ken. It’s a broad church as it should be but for some strange reason some folk on here think all Trust members are anti ken.