Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sweaty Ken

Lostock Whites

51 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Just seen Maggie Tetlown was on that radio thing tonight. 

Fuck me bet that was fun. Did anyone listen?

Heard snippets not much of interest hopefully they’ll be a podcast so I can listen to the full program. Must say I’ve met Maggie couple of times via ST steering group ( which I’ve subsequently withdrawn from) and she’s a switched on lady and commited to the cause. She has my respect. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

I think Ken is trying his bollocks off to get support in and although it’s falling on deaf ears in the main at least he’s trying to put bums on seats. I’ve no issue with that. When we get relegated because we can’t compete those fans who’ve not contributed by paying to the watch the club please don’t fucking moan. 

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

I did what you were all moaning about and put on a ticket offer yet still you couldn't be arsed to come.

aye, basically: no fans = no money = no investment

I'll do my bit and ask a non attending mate if he fancies it whilst we're watching the match down the pub tomorrow night

13 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Yes it’s the football I agree but so you think having fuck all to spend on players because of shit support might have something to do with shit football? 

No 

If anyone believes that football fans pay players wages then they need help 

We could get an extra few thousand for a few games but I doubt it will make cock all difference to who we sign 

42 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I think you will find its the football being played that's keeping most fans away. 

I think you'll find that the stayaways will always have an excuse. The cost of tickets is regularly wheeled out, so Mr Anderson has called their bluff.   #Megson's millions.

7 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Not really a point when it comes to fans staying away, there are clubs worse off than us and have an inferior wage bill to us, but they play football better more attractive football. Yeah we have loanees, freebies etc... .. but they are pro footballers who know how to pass and control a ball. Football is an easy game, unfortunately some managers over complicate it.

Who are these clubs that are worse off than us, have an inferior wage bill to us but are playing better, more attractive football than us ?

There are no fans staying away ffs.

Our gates at this particular level of football have never been any different. 

High end championship = 15-16k

Mid table championship =13-14k

lower table championship = 11-12k

its just the way it is. Same at burnden, same at reebok, same now. 

We start winning matches, the gates will get bigger. 

3 minutes ago, gonzo said:

There are no fans staying away ffs.

Our gates at this particular level of football have never been any different. 

High end championship = 15-16k

Mid table championship =13-14k

lower table championship = 11-12k

its just the way it is. Same at burnden, same at reebok, same now. 

We start winning matches, the gates will get bigger. 

Sounds about right 

1 hour ago, ZicoKelly said:

aye, basically: no fans = no money = no investment

I'll do my bit and ask a non attending mate if he fancies it whilst we're watching the match down the pub tomorrow night

Get him really drunk and seduce him with the idea

1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

Not seen any Anderson out posts, but I assume you mean people who don't have a high opinion of him are idiots. Personally I'm neither pro or anti Ken, but I do think he's a dodgy bastard, im more interested about what goes on on the pitch than whats going on in a one man boardroom.

Think he's referring to Twitter 

Edited by DirtySanchez

11 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Not seen any Anderson out posts, but I assume you mean people who don't have a high opinion of him are idiots. Personally I'm neither pro or anti Ken, but I do think he's a dodgy bastard, im more interested about what goes on on the pitch than whats going on in a one man boardroom.

Aye I meant on twitter. 

People can have their opinions and think he’s a dodgy bastard all day long, but this football club is in a better position on and off the pitch than when he took over.

I couldn’t give two fucks if he’s laundering the proceeds from The Eastern European Sex slave industry through the club and he’s kept every single penny of the Gary Madine money in the process as long as BWFC are better off.

Which we are.

Anyone blindly shouting Anderson out on twitter is a M@ng. Fact.