Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sweaty Ken

Lostock Whites

• Site Supporter
58 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Yep. Manc city centre is an arse til 7. If the Manc clubs are playing it’s horrific.

and can’t get the train unless you leave before the end of the game to get one back to where I live

so yeah - rush hour and a right hassle

And that's just for home fans!

1 hour ago, jules_darby said:

Yep. Manc city centre is an arse til 7. If the Manc clubs are playing it’s horrific.

and can’t get the train unless you leave before the end of the game to get one back to where I live

so yeah - rush hour and a right hassle

Yep, fair enough. Manchester. But I don't accept the Middlebrook is "that" busy itself after about 6.30.....its a pain to get to generally unless you live that side of Bolton. But rush hour isn't really a factor unless you travel further or from the centre of Manchester etc....

22 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Yep, fair enough. Manchester. But I don't accept the Middlebrook is "that" busy itself after about 6.30.....its a pain to get to generally unless you live that side of Bolton. But rush hour isn't really a factor unless you travel further or from the centre of Manchester etc....

I am saying as someone who does travel its a massive fucking factor. it can take me 30 minutes to get from 61 to the car park mid week. 

but saying that if i said it was easy and no traffic you would disagree with that as well. just argumentative for the fucking sake of it. 

1 hour ago, Big E said:

I am saying as someone who does travel its a massive fucking factor. it can take me 30 minutes to get from 61 to the car park mid week. 

but saying that if i said it was easy and no traffic you would disagree with that as well. just argumentative for the fucking sake of it. 

He won’t accept it. 

1 hour ago, Big E said:

It takes me exactly 7 minutes to drive to the University of Bol stadium + i don't live in Bolton.

JSL.

1 hour ago, Big E said:

For me it’s local traffic, finish work rush around picking kids up from football training then tea after that I can’t be arsed tbh 

if it’s on red button that seals it for me unless it’s half term 

1 hour ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

For me it’s local traffic, finish work rush around picking kids up from football training then tea after that I can’t be arsed tbh 

if it’s on red button that seals it for me unless it’s half term 

Aye same here. Takes me longer to get out of Singleton than it does to actually get to the reebok once I’m on the motorway. 

I think the people who live in or near Bolton forget that those who travel usually have to get through the rush hour traffic before they set off.  I can leave work at 5 , get 5:15 train, back to our town for 5:30, pick up Yoof from home And set off by 6  

Then have to drive round Bradford which can take 45 mins before getting on M62. So i am lucky to be joining m62 much before 7. 

Game finishes about 9:45. Lucky to be home before 11. 

It is very unusual to do the journey in under 6 hours. After a full days work and then back in next day. It has become a chore especially with m62 last two years. 

• Site Supporter

I feel sorry for folk who have to travel much more than me for a night game. Leave work 4.45 in Blackburn, pick the dog up from Biggish snr’s house, in the Valley for 6, scoff tea then out.

if I’m lucky I get a pint, watch 90 mins crap (usually) then home around 11 - 11.15.

i whinge and moan but to be honest, I love my club and it’s only a few times a season.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Biggish Dave said:

I feel sorry for folk who have to travel much more than me for a night game. Leave work 4.45 in Blackburn, pick the dog up from Biggish snr’s house, in the Valley for 6, scoff tea then out.

if I’m lucky I get a pint, watch 90 mins crap (usually) then home around 11 - 11.15.

i whinge and moan but to be honest, I love my club and it’s only a few times a season.

How much do they charge for your dads dog. Take it that it gets in for u18 rate.

2 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I certainly have sympathy with those that do a load of rushing about for midweek games, whereas I can leave home in Leigh half an hour before kick off and still be in my seat before the teams come out. 

Yeah, but you've got to live in Leigh :)

Edited by mickbrown

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
4 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2018/october/a-note-from-the-chairman9/

Latest musings of a mad man. Interpreted as win on Saturday or you're a gonner to PP?

aye:

""I can assure you that I will be doing everything possible and take whatever actions I think are necessary to ensure that our results improve. I fully appreciate and understand that you, our fans and supporters, are the lifeblood and soul of the club and it is my job to try and ensure you that we deliver what you want and is needed to get back on track.""