Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Celebrity Deadpool 2018

stevieb

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, jayjayoghani said:

The commentator Peter Brackley, from Football Italia 

Had a soft spot for him, as he commentated on one of my favourite Bolton goals from the 80s.

"And Crombie's gone steaming through the middle if he can find him!"

Not hard but anyone name that tune? 

Sherpa Van/Leyland Daf/Freight Rover (whatever the fuck they were calling it back then) v Torquay?

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Duck Egg said:

His commentary on that was shite! The greatest goal ever seen at Wembley followed by a muttered remark and obvious upset. Feck him!

And questions over whether he was offside. Crombie measured his run to perfection, holding himself a little until the cross was played.

A fine example to any striker.

Absolute wanking tackle that goal, and commented upon as if a kid in the park had popped one in between the jumpers.

4 hours ago, Duck Egg said:

His commentary on that was shite! The greatest goal ever seen at Wembley followed by a muttered remark and obvious upset. Feck him!

Really ?

Not even the best goal we have scored there, I'd take Thommos against Liverpool any day, and Mixus against Reading.

Gazza against the Jocks.

Want a goal on the break against a team pushing for an equaliser - Hurst, 1966.

He was also working on the Torquay commentry that day - I'm sure Dave Higsons was slightly different.

2 minutes ago, ZiggyStardust said:

Really ?

Not even the best goal we have scored there, I'd take Thommos against Liverpool any day, and Mixus against Reading.

Gazza against the Jocks.

Want a goal on the break against a team pushing for an equaliser - Hurst, 1966.

He was also working on the Torquay commentry that day - I'm sure Dave Higsons was slightly different.

Actually on re-watching it again this morning for the first time in years, it didn't look half as special as I remembered it. Agree re Mixus goal too.

Still a great run and finish by a centre back and deserving of a far better response from a professional commentator than it got