Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Telford Abuse Scandal

gonzo

• Site Supporter

I work in Telford and this has been known about for a while.

At the risk of dragging up the same old arguments it is the truth that Asian gangs are responsible.

In the Trench and Hadley areas in particular the situation is rife and there have been a few beatings dished out which have then been labelled as racist hate crimes.

One thing is for certain, it’s going to kick off like utter fuck down here now and will not be pleasant.

Perhaps they need to add an extra bit of subject matter to the pshce studies that kids now do at school.

Don't take drugs and don't get lured into shagging Asian blokes on the promises of drinks etc.

They could do a bit of cross curriculum, as you said then a visit of take aways telling them that young girls are not for sale

Perhaps they need to add an extra bit of subject matter to the pshce studies that kids now do at school.

Don't take drugs and don't get lured into shagging Asian blokes on the promises of drinks etc.

Don't leave it up to the school to highlight such perils. I don't.

My big concern over these scandals is how the hell do these blokes get away with this for so long? Is it because they are Muslims and the police are worried about being called racist or are the police just useless?

I'd say any copper who doesn't look into these claims for fear of being branded racist is pretty damn useless TBF.

• Site Supporter

Don't leave it up to the school to highlight such perils. I don't.

Agreed. More of a tongue in cheek dig at the curriculum. Having to do that and r.e. wastes time they could be spending on subjects theyll not get chance to do again.

If they must, then combine relevant bits from both into a pertinent subject that pulls no punches. If it offends then tough.

I'd say any copper who doesn't look into these claims for fear of being branded racist is pretty damn useless TBF.

Well that must be happening otherwise it would be a handful of girls that it’s thousands I’m worried why thats the case, there should be an enquiry into what went wrong in the hope lessons can be learned.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Well that must be happening otherwise it would be a handful of girls that it’s thousands I’m worried why thats the case, there should be an enquiry into what went wrong in the hope lessons can be learned.

I've heard plenty of anecdotal tales about police and other officials not clamping down on minor offences in certain areas for fear of being labeled racist.

I'd like to think something like this would be too much to ignore.

I can't decide if the fact we are hearing about more of these cases means the police are doing their job better or not.

I used to live up Chesham in Bury and it was going on then around 1997

Came out Last week they are looking into the grooming and sex abuse of children in that and another park

Sadly Been going on yonks

Heard tales that one of them massive houses on Walmsley Road was used as a place for nonces to take kids to.

But it was off a mate prone to large amounts of bullshit.

• Site Supporter

you can bet its happning in our own town too

I was told by a policeman mate some years ago, when my daughter was an early-teen, to warn her about the area around the Deansgate McDonalds. Apparently it was rife with young Asian lads grooming on behalf of older gangs of men. Befriending the vulnerable young girls.

• Site Supporter

It's happening everwhere and the 'hotspots' in Bolton are not limited to Deansgate McDonalds.

And the perpetrators are not limited to 'older gangs of men'

But at least society is becoming more aware, and one of the main focuses of police and social services is to deal with it.

And if you think it's mainly a muslim problem. then you need have a word with yourself.

It's happening everwhere and the 'hotspots' in Bolton are not limited to Deansgate McDonalds.

And the perpetrators are not limited to 'older gangs of men'

But at least society is becoming more aware, and one of the main focuses of police and social services is to deal with it.

And if you think it's mainly a muslim problem. then you need have a word with yourself.

I think with grooming gangs the main problems do lie with with Muslims

Heard tales that one of them massive houses on Walmsley Road was used as a place for nonces to take kids to.

But it was off a mate prone to large amounts of bullshit.

suppose it’s possible there was a few of them houses empty and all sorts hanging around

It all used to happen at the top of royal avenue on the bend it was so obvious something wasn’t right but it continued

• Site Supporter

I think with grooming gangs the main problems do lie with with Muslims

You need to get over that.

But deliberately not looking at Muslims as part of the issue is exactly what the police are already doing. Even if they're part of the problem let's not look away just because they aren't alone.