Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Extinction people

globaldiver

57 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

Well you should fucking well know. It is the 'stark warnings' for every fucking thing imaginable from the outraged society/the left on Brexit, climate change - you name it which have turned folk off. 

Everything is sensationalised these days. Sky News has been bellowing 'Brexit Crisis' for over a year now. I, and many others, are completely over 'stark warnings'.

Before you descend into a frothy rage again, just remember we all broadly want the same thing (i.e. we'd prefer to be able to breathe and shag like rabbits for a long time yet). Hysteria and over hype will not work. The boy who cried wolf.

Oh look. It's the left's fault again. You're still pissed because I criticised the Conservatives yesterday.

This is 11,000 people who are qualified to have an opinion, giving you their opinion based on the best available data. Not me, not momentum, not Jeremy Corbyn.

Jesus it's exasperating sometimes. It's no wonder XR do what they do!

We're fucked because aside from fripperies like driving down the supermarket with our empties - burning fuel so they can be ground up and used as sand in motorway repairs, we won't do fuck all meaningful, hardcore yoghurt weavers aside...

Imagine being told you were limited to two flights every decade or tinned beer was banned or bridges and infrastructure were going to be given benign neglect, or that charger cables were to be made in Nottingham and would cost £18.99 + VAT...

Meanwhile 2 billion Chinese are saving for their first Bentley, smoking cocaine and tiger penis cigars in their coal fired open plan Mansions...

12 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Well you should fucking well know. It is the 'stark warnings' for every fucking thing imaginable from the outraged society/the left on Brexit, climate change - you name it which have turned folk off. 

Everything is sensationalised these days. Sky News has been bellowing 'Brexit Crisis' for over a year now. I, and many others, are completely over 'stark warnings'.

Before you descend into a frothy rage again, just remember we all broadly want the same thing (i.e. we'd prefer to be able to breathe and shag like rabbits for a long time yet). Hysteria and over hype will not work. The boy who cried wolf.

Except the climate crisis isn't being sensationalised bud. Those stark as fuck warnings have come from decades of research based on factual data and are now supported by 99% of the scientific community. This isn't hype or hysteria. Using those words imply that the issue is being exaggerated or even suggest an irrational fear. 

And you're wrong, the stark warnings on climate change are not turning people off. The polls provide pretty solid proof that they are raising awareness and more importantly, engaging people.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/science/articles-reports/2019/09/15/international-poll-most-expect-feel-impact-climate

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/general-election-2019-more-than-half-say-climate-change-will-influence-their-decision-a4273886.html

p.s. This ain't the boy who cried fucking wolf. In that story the wolf doesn't exist until the end whereas the climate crisis is pretty visible right now. I'm beginning to worry you're in the tin foil hat brigade😁

Edited by London Wanderer

• Members
23 hours ago, kent_white said:

Oh look. It's the left's fault again. You're still pissed because I criticised the Conservatives yesterday.

This is 11,000 people who are qualified to have an opinion, giving you their opinion based on the best available data. Not me, not momentum, not Jeremy Corbyn.

Jesus it's exasperating sometimes. It's no wonder XR do what they do!

It is fucking exasperating. You are right. You are also correct about it being the left's fault. Be honest now, how many of those fucking tramps, lazy bastards, ferals, professional protestors and rent-a-mobbers filling out the numbers and stopping people going about their everyday business would likely vote for anything right of centre. Less then 10% I reckon. Qute possibly less than 5%. Water cannon the bastards.

• Members
12 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

Except the climate crisis isn't being sensationalised bud. Those stark as fuck warnings have come from decades of research based on factual data and are now supported by 99% of the scientific community. This isn't hype or hysteria. Using those words imply that the issue is being exaggerated or even suggest an irrational fear. 

And you're wrong, the stark warnings on climate change are not turning people off. The polls provide pretty solid proof that they are raising awareness and more importantly, engaging people.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/science/articles-reports/2019/09/15/international-poll-most-expect-feel-impact-climate

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/general-election-2019-more-than-half-say-climate-change-will-influence-their-decision-a4273886.html

p.s. This ain't the boy who cried fucking wolf. In that story the wolf doesn't exist until the end whereas the climate crisis is pretty visible right now. I'm beginning to worry you're in the tin foil hat brigade😁

Alfoil R Us ;) I am sure and certain if this lot you are allied with piss/turn me off so much, there will be millions more turned off also.

I don't believe I am wrong about the 'stark warnings' either. Everything is exaggerated to fuck these days and thereby loses its impact as people get weary of all of the impending diasters which never materialise (remember how we were going to hell in a handcart as soon as the country voted for Brexit?).

You and the Kent miss the critical comment as always. We are all pretty much on the same side here. The disagreement is about what actions are taken. The hysterical language is a turn off. The nuisance factor of blocking ordinary people going about their everyday business is intolerable.

No surrender.

Edited by bolty58

7 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

It is fucking exasperating. You are right. You are also correct about it being the left's fault. Be honest now, how many of those fucking tramps, lazy bastards, ferals, professional protestors and rent-a-mobbers filling out the numbers and stopping people going about their everyday business would likely vote for anything right of centre. Less then 10% I reckon. Qute possibly less than 5%. Water cannon the bastards.

We haven't got any anymore. Boris spent over £300k buyng and maintaining three 25 year old German water cannons

Since scrapped them for £11k

Fucking genuis that lad.

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

We haven't got any anymore. Boris spent over £300k buyng and maintaining three 25 year old German water cannons

Since scrapped them for £11k

Fucking genuis that lad.

We should get them back and blast these bastards in Leeds. Full scale riot and war zone. Ban fireworks and drown the cunts with a high pressure hose.

13 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Brilliant. That's Shame Warne levels of spin right there 😀

That bridge that never got built - what's your googly on that one?

Nothing pal and no spin. Just pure facts. That’s the accountant in me coming to the fore im Afraid  

2 hours ago, mickbrown said:

How does an accountant account (see what I did there) for the bridge then?

Wouldn’t the debt be for a lifespan of years ?

Hope you saw what I did there..........and don’t twat me verbally for jumping in on a private chinwag on a public forum ....you big tart :D

7 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Wouldn’t the debt be for a lifespan of years ?

Hope you saw what I did there..........and don’t twat me verbally for jumping in on a private chinwag on a public forum ....you big tart :D

Jump on in. The more the merrier. 😀

Probably would be but I’m alluding to Boris’s garden bridge that got abandoned without a flower being planted. 

He’s a useless fuck isn’t he?

8 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Jump on in. The more the merrier. 😀

Probably would be but I’m alluding to Boris’s garden bridge that got abandoned without a flower being planted. 

Sod off, I’m not jumping in again on one of your convos :D

As for BJ, I’m reserving udgement on him for now. I’m convinced he’s got an ace card to play which will leave folk gobsmacked....either that or he is useless.

Edited by miamiwhite

11 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Sod off, I’m not jumping in again on one of your convos :D

As for BJ, I’m reserving udgement on him for now. I’m convinced he’s got an ace card to play which will leave folk gobsmacked....either that or he is useless.

😀

He must beholding them close to his chest

4 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

They all are.

Ed Milliband would be pissing it for labour against Boris as would someone of Cameron's ilk Vs Corbyn.

For all the vocal loons at both extremes of the parties the vast majority of the UK sits in the middle.

The Tories and Labour both keep making barmy decisions and putting utter twats in high positions