Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Beers What You Miss.

leigh white

• Members
2 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

How the fuck can you spoil Guinness? It is stored in a keg therefore just needs the usual clean lines and correct temp.

We aren't talking about cask ales here, Guinness is no different to John Smiths Smooth, Carling or Strongbow to keep.

They somehow fuck it up. 
I assume lines and temp and the keg not being settled all play a part. Had a few bad pints of it, dead giveaway when the head is full of bubbles 

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

How the fuck can you spoil Guinness? It is stored in a keg therefore just needs the usual clean lines and correct temp.

We aren't talking about cask ales here, Guinness is no different to John Smiths Smooth, Carling or Strongbow to keep.

If you have 3 years of life you don't care about wasting, ask medrew, the boring old fcuker

• Site Supporter

Guinness (like most ale) is better served just below room temperature, having been drawn from as short a line as possible.

The longer it sits in a line the shitter it gets. Particularly being a stout.

ideally, you’d keep the barrel just under the bar rather than in a cellar, which is common in most small Irish pubs.

Otherwise, Wetherspoons or any bar that has a big daytime drinking clientele will almost always serve a decent pint as the lines are constantly in use.

Those wondering why Meldrew constantly besmirches the very threatening 'craft' ale craze are forgetting he's in the employ of Global Spazzabrew, Vintner and 'Rum' Incorporated. A company whose 'ale' is 'brewed' in 72 hours, made from refuse from the Marmite industry, rice which is too bitty to sell as rice and chemicals skimmed off the top of melted down unsold CDs and DVDs...

Edited by Youri McAnespie

I miss all ale but I really miss shit catpiss like; Stein, Kestrel, Helden Brau, Royal Dutch, Baltic, Hemeling, Slalom etc. not because they were good but because of the times I drank them - as a thirteen year old kid with a pissed up headful of dreams (of supping better beer - which would come true).

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Members

If there's ever a thread on Beers you wouldn't miss, I could make many a contribution from down here. The worst is West End from Adelaide. Soda water tinted with a tea bag and flavoured by a mixture of wombat piss and dog vomit.

Even worse than Greenall Shitley.

• Members

Monteiths crushed apple cider from NZ. That's my tipple.

Venture into beers down here now and again. Loads of new grapefruit tasting shite which does not inspire but do like a drop of White Rabbit Dark Ale on occasion.

Of the 'common' beers, Victoria's Carlton Draught is the best of them IMO. No cunt knows what Fosters is.

20 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

Monteiths crushed apple cider from NZ. That's my tipple.

Venture into beers down here now and again. Loads of new grapefruit tasting shite which does not inspire but do like a drop of White Rabbit Dark Ale on occasion.

Of the 'common' beers, Victoria's Carlton Draught is the best of them IMO. No cunt knows what Fosters is.

Now, that is a nice drink.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/09/2019 at 22:05, Winchester White said:

Was talking to an irish barman once. He told me the secret was to stand the keg on a plank. I thought he was bullshitting me but he swore that was the secret.

I still think he was  bullshitting me

• Site Supporter
On 13/09/2019 at 00:09, Youri McAnespie said:

Those wondering why Meldrew constantly besmirches the very threatening 'craft' ale craze are forgetting he's in the employ of Global Spazzabrew, Vintner and 'Rum' Incorporated. A company whose 'ale' is 'brewed' in 72 hours, made from refuse from the Marmite industry, rice which is too bitty to sell as rice and chemicals skimmed off the top of melted down unsold CDs and DVDs...

Only the finest ingredients are used in any of Diageo’s products.

i am not here to defend them , only to tell the truth.

how many craft beers will be around in 260 years, not many

Most big brands have been around for years .

sermon over🍺

Yes...

Only the finest; Marmite, Vegemite and Bovril's finest reject slop. Ho Chi Minh Rice Company's finest reject 'too bitty rice to sell as rice' rice bits and the finest chemicals skimmed off the top of the froth of the finest melted down unsold CDs and DVDs (Bryan Adams/Mel X - 'When You're Gone' and 'Ghost Dad' starring Bill Cosby, for example).

On a related note, if their produce is so good, why do they put curry powder in their 'Rum'? Maybe it's to mask the taste of the Tipp-Ex thinners and amyl nitrate 'poppers' that are added to the brew to add potency (probably).