Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

We are managing ventilator capacity by restricting hospital admission and trying to get groups to agree to DNARs. Care homes are being told their residents won’t go to hospital etc...

Saying there is enough ventilators is like saying there are enough toilet rolls so long as not everyone wants to wipe. Doctors have been issued guidance on how to prioritise treatment. It will vary area to area. But already people who normally would be admitted to ICU are not being. 

Like me or not belive me or not that’s the reality. 

Just now, bwfcfan5 said:

We are managing ventilator capacity by restricting hospital admission and trying to get groups to agree to DNARs. Care homes are being told their residents won’t go to hospital etc...

Saying there is enough ventilators is like saying there are enough toilet rolls so long as not everyone wants to wipe. Doctors have been issued guidance on how to prioritise treatment. It will vary area to area. But already people who normally would be admitted to ICU are not being. 

Like me or not belive me or not that’s the reality. 

Lies....

The head nurse yesterday said that was a load of bollocks.

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

We don’t know how many ventilators we are going to need and it’s impossible to plan for such uncertainty  and It’s not yet clear that our death rates will eclipse or match Italy,  let’s wait and see. 

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

The government are acting and have been for weeks, such an easy task beating them over the head while sat outside government not having to do fuck all. 

Man, you’re confused.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Winchester White said:

Surely the amount of available ventilators and ICU beds is on a trust by trust or hospital by hospital basis?

Either way, we are reaching capacity very soon in many of them.

Wait and see

it is what it is

32 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

The bit about it ‘being a breach of human rights’ 

I can’t see how it’s a human right to get mouth to mouth resuscitation if it means the Health worker carrying it out is at significantly increased risk 

But Mickey has informed me that it isn’t mouth to mouth so I don’t see the benefit to a DNAR for the health service 

It's not for the health service - it's for the patinet. It's because CPR hardly ever works in reality. The truth is even if you survive - you're going to probably wake up with broken ribs, and if you couple that with an advanced pneumonia from COVID then it's cruel.

35 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

The bit about it ‘being a breach of human rights’ 

I can’t see how it’s a human right to get mouth to mouth resuscitation if it means the Health worker carrying it out is at significantly increased risk 

But Mickey has informed me that it isn’t mouth to mouth so I don’t see the benefit to a DNAR for the health service 

Article 2. Right to life.

Asking vulnerable people to sign one of these is reprehensible. 

2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

The key words are “may not”  Guessed you missed that. 

One care home manager in Hove told me their GP had even told them "none of your residents aged over 75 will be admitted to hospital". They said they felt "shocked and numb" to hear that.

Another said: "We have been told flatly that it would be highly unlikely that they would be accepted into hospital." 

This is not normal. This is severe measures to manage capacity. And there is no ‘may’ in there. Death sentences for many. 

1 minute ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I don't think anyone's being forced to sign one?

Why ask them?

People in a vulnerable state. It could be argued that given their condition at that time means they couldn’t give meaningful consent.