Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

2 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Beers and wine stocks very low at Tesco Middlebrook @ 8am this morning.

Paracetamol? - No chance.

Dried Pasta? - Forget it

Toilet rolls? - Are you havin' a laugh?.... not a single sheet.

Looking like panic is really kicking in. Menkul 🙄

Same in Leigh mate, I went this morning for the first time in a week, and it looked like the place had been looted, only went in for a tin of peas.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

@Spider my old china, What’s the good butchers and greengrocer in H-Town? And which local farm is doing milk again

Winter hey Lane. Greeley’s butcher and greengrocers next door up the road.

Smithills farm do deliveries. Google them their website is ace and the produce is brill.

the greengrocers will deliver as well by the way.

4 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

Paracetamol seems to be the latest fad for bulk buying since the unsureness around ibuprofen.

Up in rawtenstall looking in tkmaxx and home bargains for stuff to do with mini me when the schools inevitably close and all the shops have been stripped bare.

If you do get ill a box of 16 isn't going to last very long so from that point of view it's understandable. 

Personally I'd prefer something with a bit more kick such as Night Nurse or Benilyn 4 Flu but that means visiting a chemist 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

My operation just cancelled,  I’m gutted but there will be some folk with serious health issues will be having there op cancelled and they will need an op more urgently than I do. 

aye, I'm due in next week but suspect it will be cancelled, doesn't matter, it's not urgent

I suspect that if it came to a choice of treating a corona victim and doing a life saving or crucial op on someone, the op will win, well I hope so

but that's what the gradual measures so far, and the inevitable lockdown, have been introduced for - to try for as long as possible to avoid a situation where such choices have to be made

• Members
9 minutes ago, Spider said:

Winter hey Lane. Greeley’s butcher and greengrocers next door up the road.

Smithills farm do deliveries. Google them their website is ace and the produce is brill.

the greengrocers will deliver as well by the way.

Happy days. Cheers mate

25 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

They dont give a fuck, my daughter is a celiac, she has to eat gluton free, which doesnt have the biggest stock in supermarkets when its normal. Selfish fuckers, ive rationed her to smaller portions on the box she has just opened this morning. Will try Tesco again later.

Fresh pasta at m and s in city centre and noodles at Tesco

• Members
10 minutes ago, Spider said:

Tell the butcher I sent you, he'll give you the Special Meat.

I think special meat is what got us into the ungodly mess in the first place.

Aldi have discontinued Joey Holts maple gold! 

BORIS OUT

3 hours ago, Escobarp said:

I think @peelyfeet appears to have a very good grasp as well. Not sure what he/she does? 

unlike fanny who has refused to qualify himself perhaps Peelyfeet would?

I used to be a Biologist 20 odd years ago, for a very short time. I now I own a little telecoms company, so I'm not an expert in virology by any means, but I've maintained my interest in all thing scientific and because of that I may have a good grasp on where to go to for unbiased reliable info, and how to interpret it, that's all. 

I am taking anything I hear from the chief scientist and the chief medical officer with a pinch of salt, because they are being guided on what to say to a certain extent, probably from Dominic Cummings. The government don't want to cause panic.

They are drip feeding us information a few days in advance so that it doesn't come as so much of a shock when they implement the measures, or announce figures. On the 14th they said we probably have 5-10k cases. 3 days later it was 55k and a target of under 20K deaths. 

Likewise any anecdotal info I hear from frontline medical care workers, and news reports from hospitals now and over the coming months is going to be at the coal face so and so it will be extreme. 

Macron, the French PM has said that France are at War with the Virus. I expect that its going to be like a War in many ways. We don't know how long its going to last yet,  there will be victories and set backs.

For those at the front line it's going to be horrendous, and we will probably all know someone who will die, but for most it's going to be the change in daily life and economics that affects us more, and those already at the edges of society are going to feel it the most. old, ill, disabled, poor, homeless, unemployed etc.

I've championed this guy before so if you haven't already, have a look at some of his videos - hes been making reliable stuff since the days of VHS.

1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

It’s insane. We have the same amount of people as we did a month ago more or less and yet we now have an Insatiable  demand for produce that has grown exponentially 

Retarded cunts causing this. Shoot the lot of them

Same amount of people but if they all usually leave the country for 4 weeks per annum and will now stay at home that’s 10% more time in this country consuming goods 

Then overlay all the food and drink that consumed out of home (workplace, out for lunch, dinner, travel) and you have a significant uplift in demand for at home groceries over the coming months 

Then add in the additional delivery / click and collect requests and you have a huge change for the retailers to deal with 

Dont forget, the staff in these places are likely to fall ill and need to isolate which will impact the industry the other way = huge requirement for temporary short term contracts 

Talk already of supermarkets consolidating, I.e One of Chorley or Leyland Tesco Extra may close to consolidate staff and goods into one store 

1 minute ago, birch-chorley said:

Same amount of people but if they all usually leave the country for 4 weeks per annum and will now stay at home that’s 10% more time in this country consuming goods 

Then overlay all the food and drink that consumed out of home (workplace, out for lunch, dinner, travel) and you have a significant uplift in demand for at home groceries over the coming months 

Then add in the additional delivery / click and collect requests and you have a huge change for the retailers to deal with 

Dont forget, the staff in these places are likely to fall ill and need to isolate which will impact the industry the other way = huge requirement for temporary short term contracts 

Talk already of supermarkets consolidating, I.e One of Chorley or Leyland Tesco Extra may close to consolidate staff and goods into one store 

I get there will be an increased demand and why. But the demand we are seeing is in the main due to idiotic behavior let’s be honest