Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Had enough of listening to sky updates while working from home not a lot going on so networking and finding new conracts on LinkedIn all morning, the suns out so that’s it for the day getting the bike out going for a spin and might have a pint in some village pub somewhere out towards Croston. 

I've just had a 50km ride this morning to blow the cobwebs away. Was lovely

28 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Wife’s a TA at a primary school looks like they are staying open so she’s going to have to work over Easter, she’s not best pleased. 

Same for my mine, she finishes isolation in time to be back in over Easter. She'll be glad to get out by then in all honesty I bet.

Edited by ErnestTurnip

5 hours ago, Escobarp said:

I’ve just been to tesco to fill the car up as was on reserve. Whilst there thought I would pop in to the store see what it was like. 

I had a look around for the posters advertising the see how much stuff you can ram in a trolley competition. I couldn’t see them. Just stood there looking at some of the cretins and shaking my head 

can somebody please answer me has there been a directive that supermarkets are closing at lunchtime today and there is no more food supply? Have I missed something?? Cos I really cannot compute this shit and the behavior and stupidity of folk 

Madness in Tesco today

5CAC24FF-2C5D-4470-8BCE-299CC2547263.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Spider said:

Trump suggesting here they have a drug that's been used for malaria that could work.

That would be some find.

Chloroquine maybe? Read a piece of research a while ago that suggested it had some positive activity against coronavirus type viruses....

4 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Chloroquine maybe? Read a piece of research a while ago that suggested it had some positive activity against coronavirus type viruses....

How comes you didn’t suggest it?

You could have had this entire pandemic boxed off by now and moved onto solving the problem of the meaning of life. 

• Members

Done a few hours volunteering today. Nothing major, ticking a few boxes, blood pressures, helping the elderly, it’s quite eerie and scary but I thoroughly enjoyed it. 

I will say this to Kent and Blondie, you guys and the entire NHS are the fuckin salt of the earth, I was overwhelmed and proud at the entire workforce today, it was amazing to see it all in practice, hardly any panic, all controlled and stable all with a smile on their faces keeping their spirits up, made me honestly feel proud to be British, they should all be getting top honours from the powers that be. 

They all deserve a good few beers and honorary handjobs with expensive lube. Superb stuff.

Shoutout to the supermarkets staff who have to endure the seventh circle of hell by working in these supermarkets. 

Right time for a beer. X

27 minutes ago, Morizio said:

How comes you didn’t suggest it?

You could have had this entire pandemic boxed off by now and moved onto solving the problem of the meaning of life. 

Look - I used to work in molecular drug design. If I still did and had an answer I'd be rich. I was asking a question as its known to have some effect against these viruses. Mainly I'm clinging to any ray of hope that some drug will come along and help enough to get us outta this hole. Because in about a months time or perhaps if I'm lucky two I'm going to be made to sack most of my staff in my team. And a month or so after that if not alongside, myself....

8 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Look - I used to work in molecular drug design. If I still did and had an answer I'd be rich. I was asking a question as its known to have some effect against these viruses. Mainly I'm clinging to any ray of hope that some drug will come along and help enough to get us outta this hole. Because in about a months time or perhaps if I'm lucky two I'm going to be made to sack most of my staff in my team. And a month or so after that if not alongside, myself....

Good luck, mate