Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

14 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

What's Mr Hancock had to say?

If you can get it on catch-up it was a decent Question Time. Fantastic without a crowd of performing seals clapping at every inane political comment. Hancock very measured and statesmanlike, TUC lady superb - proper union leader, health bloke and restaurant owner both had loads of valid points. Burnham just a bit of a point scoring tit imo. Best thing about it was everyone was agreeing that we have to come together and that the govt measures announced so far are fine but basically there’s more yet to do. Liked the general theme that it’s all about looking after people despite Burnham’s repeated efforts to steer the focus on to councils. 

• Moderators
55 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Thank fuck those Hollywood celebrities recorded a video of themselves singing 'Imagine' whilst self-isolating in their mansions. I didn't realise how serious this shit was until I watched that.

Aye, there's very much a keep calm and don't panic message from those that don't need to panic, being delivered to people who are panicking

The riots are imminent

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, ZicoKelly said:

Aye, there's very much a keep calm and don't panic message from those that don't need to panic, being delivered to people who are panicking

The riots are imminent

Almost certainly. We aint seen nothin' yet.

I've had enough of the numbers, they're being put across without really explaining what they mean and it's not helpful.

The number of people who have the virus is obviously a load of bollocks because of the number.of people who have actually been tested.

The number of people who have recovered is a load of bollocks because it really refers to people who are known to have the virus and have recovered.

The number of people who have died of the virus is really the.number of people who have died who have the virus when they died.

People love numbers but it's like when me (and others) pull stats from transfermarkt  and make them show what they want, doesn't mean it's giving the true picture.

The numbers are bullshit. There is no testing unless in hospital and 111 tell you treat it at home unless it's life threatening (call an ambulance). 

My daughter is 2 and has had a fever since Monday. We've been home, calpol working fine for her but today she refused medicine and temp up again. Phoned 111 (not expecting owt maybe refer for a test) but told to manage at home. 

Happy to do so but the 'infected cases' figure is bullshit as we aren't testing. Only thing you can trust is number of deaths. 

• Site Supporter

Sending love to our friends in Italy:

“My sister in law works as a nurse in the hospital worst-hit by the virus, Papa Giovanni XXIII in the city of Bergamo. They’re counting hundreds of deaths, there are no more ICU beds, and doctors and nurses are getting sick. It’s absolute hell. Yesterday a convoy of military trucks had to collect the coffins and bring them in other regions because local morgues and the crematorium can't cope with the number of new deaths. Moreover, true number of related deaths could be higher as many people with COVID-19 symptoms had died before being tested.

We feel lost. Scared. Powerless. You may have seen footage of people singing at their windows to warm their hearts but the reality is much more grim and brutal. Ghost cities, no more children’s laughter, no more everything, even a walk outside is a risk, only a deadly silence all around broken sometimes by ambulance sirens.”

-Luca, Pearl Jam OnLine - PJ Italian Fansite Since 2001

5 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

I feel sorry for Chelsea fans who Liverpool blamed for Heysel.Not shutting the pubs and Underground means more Cockneys will be dieing than need to.

Don't forget the poor NF folk who took the blame as well.