Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

5 minutes ago, kent_white said:

We don't understand whether the vaccines are effective against this new strain. Hoping that they are! 

I saw it on BBC and the 3 vaccination centres to go to. Is there anything in it with the choice of centres they chose ?

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, kent_white said:

We don't understand whether the vaccines are effective against this new strain. Hoping that they are! 

Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to sink in with a lot of people.

Professor Peacock (Cambridge iirc) spoke really well about this yesterday, and she feels the current vaccines should be OK against these Indian variants, but they're still doing the work to confirm.

Was your battle bus considered a success?

Work in Blackburn, Audley there has summat like a 43% take up of vaccine. Standard approach appears to be to blame a certain section of the population but speaking to the folk I work with the people some like to refer to as "us" rather than "them" are equally as to blame, being deniers or just not being prepared to go and get it sorted.

Wouldn't want to use a broad brush off what a few people say but there needs to be more done to make sure folk are getting vaccinated if that's what the people who know have decided needs to happen.

21 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

I saw it on BBC and the 3 vaccination centres to go to. Is there anything in it with the choice of centres they chose ?

Do you mean geographically? If you do then yes - they'll always try to place them as near as they can to the areas of greatest need.....

38 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Jab day today!

Local civic centre, they've also opened a few vaccination centres in the mosque's round here. Seems liike my little neck of the woods is doing ok with the programme.

just had a text pulling my second jab forward 2 weeks, having it 27th May now, so clearly they're motoring through them down here

52 minutes ago, Sweep said:

just had a text pulling my second jab forward 2 weeks, having it 27th May now, so clearly they're motoring through them down here

Taking vaccines from The northwest to ensure the key contributors to the economy in the south east are getting fully dosed up first I heard. 

35 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Taking vaccines from The northwest to ensure the key contributors to the economy in the south east are getting fully dosed up first I heard. 

As it should be really, foot soldiers are dispensable, we need to protect those actually contributing to the running of the country first.

35 minutes ago, Sweep said:

As it should be really, foot soldiers are dispensable, we need to protect those actually contributing to the running of the country first.

Woah woah 

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Isn't it about time you got some chips sorted so that car manufacturers can get back up to speed? :)

There is absolutely no chance of that issue sorting itself out until Q2 2022 - current delivery times for new orders on some of these ICs now is up at over 75 weeks, and you don't know the price that you'll pay for them until they're ready to ship. I've had 11Kpcs of something leave Taiwan today, when I placed the order they were $0.65 each, they're shipping today at $3.20 each, I've got another 7Kpcs that are leaving on Thursday, and we're paying $3.40 for them. It's chaos :)