Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

people moaning about how busy the Lake District will be or seaside towns. Answer? Don’t go if your worried about the actions of others. 

Thing is though, as suggested by that link swanny posted, what if you live in the lake District and seaside towns and don't want 000s rocking up on your door step

1 minute ago, ZicoKelly said:

Thing is though, as suggested by that link swanny posted, what if you live in the lake District and seaside towns and don't want 000s rocking up on your door step

There’s plenty round these part can’t wait  💴 

22 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

Thought Boris was the ‘Prime Minister’ of the U.K. ?

He doesn't seem to communicate with the devolved governments though.  To fight this virus effectively we need a unified message and he has deviated from the plan we laid down in March.  

2 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Same people who will be happy to have thousands rocking up when it suits them? You choose to live somewhere you don’t own the place you live. We live in a free land (usually). Stay indoors. 

it’s easy enough to avoid this virus if you choose to do so. If you want to walk round your village sit in your parks or beaches without a soul around because it suits you then that’s a different kettle of fish for me 

28 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

people moaning about how busy the Lake District will be or seaside towns. Answer? Don’t go if your worried about the actions of others. 

That's ok but what if you work in the NHS or police or other emergency services ? They will be picking up the pieces of this without having changed their own behaviour.  I'm not saying the governement can stop idiots but the change in emphasis is not helpful at this stage.

4 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

He doesn't seem to communicate with the devolved governments though.  To fight this virus effectively we need a unified message and he has deviated from the plan we laid down in March.  

As his his right as prime minister of the UK  to do what he believes he best for our country. You fail to grasp that eh? He was voted into to do exactly what he’s doing. So he’s doing his job. Time for people to accept he is our leader 

8 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

There are 6 MPs in Cumbria, five Tories and the ex liberal leader Tim Farron. Something the locals can do in the future is not vote Tory

Just now, Farrelli said:

That's ok but what if you work in the NHS or police or other emergency services ? They will be picking up the pieces of this without having changed their own behaviour.  I'm not saying the governement can stop idiots but the change in emphasis is not helpful at this stage.

Why are the police bothered? Surely allowing movement makes their life easier somewhat?

and as has been discussed many times the nhs will be and is most affected. But we can’t stand still. We have to try and find a way as best we can to live with this virus. Because it isn’t going anywhere. It’s going to be a long and bumpy road until we have a vaccine if one ever becomes available that is 

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

As his his right as prime minister of the UK  to do what he believes he best for our country. You fail to grasp that eh? He was voted into to do exactly what he’s doing. So he’s doing his job. Time for people to accept he is our leader 

As PM he should have got consensus from Wales, Scotland and NI governments or modified his message accordingly. As usual he is predominantly acting in the interests of London and not what is best for the country.   

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, gonzo said:

Exactly what I was implying. 

I meant people have lost the ability to deal with a situation themselves. Just use your loaf. That is what Boris is asking.

Use the guidelines and information provided and deal with the situation. Twitter and everywhere else is awash with idiots asking what ifs when it can’t be any clearer. It’s always been clear, folk just made it difficult.

If you can go to work, go to work, if you can’t, it’s really unfortunate but make the best of what’s on offer and the safety of your family is paramount. 

If your current workplace won’t let you work, go and get another job that will for the meantime, instead of sitting on your arse moaning what your not getting. 

If you want to visit your family just, just bloody visit your family, just stay 2m away. 

Asses the situation yourself instead of waiting for some guy on the telly what you can and can’t do. 

A lot in that.

No government can possibly cover all bases with specific rules to every possible work situation.

Moreover, it's only for a small section of the workforce initially.

Those in distribution who have worked through this have already modified their practices- others could learn from these.

• Site Supporter

People who have migrated from elsewhere to live in the Lake District are almost always the worst kind of cunt.

”Leave our beautiful area alone”

”Thousands will turn up”

They act like they own the fucking place.

Heres a thing, if you don’t want to live in an area of natural beauty that attracts millions every year, move somewhere else you snotty cunts.

I say we all go up there today and have a picnic on their doorsteps.

3 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

As PM he should have got consensus from Wales, Scotland and NI governments or modified his message accordingly. As usual he is predominantly acting in the interests of London and not what is best for the country.   

Flip it. What have the devolved governments done? They’ve acted in their own best interests. Simple as that. 

why is he acting in the best interests of London? 

Just now, Spider said:

People who have migrated from elsewhere to live in the Lake District are almost always the worst kind of cunt.

”Thousands will turn up”

Heres a thing, if you don’t want to live in an area of natural beauty that attracts millions every year, move somewhere else you snotty cunts.

😂😂 well said spider 

1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

......and dont forget, the Lockdown finished for some muppets about 2 weeks ago, well before yesterday's update announcement, and these will be the same muppets making a fuss about it all.

In addition to the anti boris brigade and professional screechers of society 

39 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Course

i bet the Chippy’s/food outlets are still working? 

Yeah all chippy’s in Blackpool have been open, as have most round me. 

Icecream gaffs started opening a couple of weeks back. 

19 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Flip it. What have the devolved governments done? They’ve acted in their own best interests. Simple as that. 

why is he acting in the best interests of London? 

Boris is the one changing the message and confusing the rules.  Even Raab cannot explain the changes as evidenced by his interviews this morning.  The devolved governments have stated they will keep to the rules outlined in March and that seems very sensible for the situation we are all in.  How you perceive that they are wrong is beyond me as they are sticking to the original plan.  

5 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Boris is the one changing the message and confusing the rules.  Even Raab cannot explain the changes as evidenced by his interviews this morning.  The devolved governments have stated they will keep to the rules outlined in March and that seems very sensible for the situation we are all in.  How you perceive that they are wrong is beyond me as they are sticking to the original plan.  

He’s changing the message because it’s what he feels is best in his role as prime minister. 

he’s doing his job. 

show me where I’ve said they are wrong? They are doing there jobs same as he is. They are entitled to do that and I live in a country governed by one of them so I will abide by the rules as set out by her. 

you can also stay at home. You’re not being forced out the house are you? 

Edited by Escobarp

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Caught between a rock and hard place tomorrow 

MiL’s funeral. 15 allowed in. About 40 car loads going to be sat outside watching it on a stream. She was a tad popular locally

The 15 from the funeral have been invited back here afterwards for a buffet by Mrs Manc. It’s close family only. But......I’m really uncomfortable about it but wtf can I do? Shit situation. Really don’t want all those folk in my house

Don't envy your situation at all, but ultimately, if you don't want them there, can you not just say no?

Have a get together later.

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

He’s changing the message because it’s what he feels is best in his role as prime minister. 

he’s doing his job. 

show me where I’ve said they are wrong? They are doing there jobs same as he is. They are entitled to do that and I live in a country governed by one of them so I will abide by the rules as set out by her. 

Although to be fair, you have been slagging wee Jimmy Crankie off as much as (if not more than) others have been doing to Boris. Does that mean they can criticise you for your approach and call you a hypocritical screecher? :)

35 minutes ago, Spider said:

”Thousands will turn up”

im going up Wednesday to see my son who ive not seen in 6 months 

ill not come in contact with anyone else have a couple of hours with him at 2m then come home 

simples

• Site Supporter

Good and bad, as I see it:

GOOD

• Economy can start to move. Job security for loads of people who were unsure. Not letting other countries get too far ahead.

• People with a brain can start to see other people with a brain. Especially loved ones.  Maybe even share a beer. A lifting of spirits.

• It’s a bit like pre-season training for when we can really start to kick on.

BAD

• Schools. All kids need to be going back even if just for a day or two each week. I can’t believe this cannot be achieved with some thought and effort. For now, it holds everything back given the situation Working parents are in.

• The möngs. They are the threat to all of us. Fines need to be handed out and done so very publicly for gatherings and/or general cunt like behaviour.

• Public transport. It was a free for all on the tubes this morning apparently. That just plunges things backwards.

• Pubs. Fucking hell.

Edited by Spider