Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Caravan Parks?

Blondi

3 hours ago, mickbrown said:

I've been there. Was ace - went late August and it was fucking freezing.

Cheers Mick 

Although I won’t mention the freezing but to the Mrs 

Generally a good camp though you’d say? Thinking of extending our 7 day booking to 10 or even 14 given this lockdown 

28 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Cheers Mick 

Although I won’t mention the freezing but to the Mrs 

Generally a good camp though you’d say? Thinking of extending our 7 day booking to 10 or even 14 given this lockdown 

Was cracking. Nice little bars and pizza places. Mad entertainment for kids each night. We were just unlucky with the weather.  

57 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Was cracking. Nice little bars and pizza places. Mad entertainment for kids each night. We were just unlucky with the weather.  

That’s great news, always good to hear a thumbs up from someone who has been 

just hope we are ok to go 

Edited by birch-chorley

On 25/04/2020 at 07:07, gonzo said:

You got kids that need entertaining mate? 

Theres a couple over this way that are pleasant enough and close to the beach. 

(Not Blackpool before any cunt eye starts)

Got 2 grown up kids, so they won't be coming, so not arsed about the entertainment bit, it would just be me and the Mrs and our little dog, ideally near the beach.

• Moderators
On 25/04/2020 at 08:56, HomerJay said:

This is ours at Hafan y mor in North Wales

https://hafanymordirectholidays.co.uk/hb_accommodation/19-cardigan-bay/

The new facilities are superb. Theyve spent millions recently. 

went there last year

good, although a bit big, and as nice as it is, it's full of rough scousers and non speaking welsh folk

done loads of haven via the sun deal, this is the only place where I've seen a sign in the entertainment complex asking folk not to get lairy, stand on tables, or take their clothes off

the mrs went through a spell of wanting a caravan but the site fees put me right off - her cousin has a lodge at hafan y mor and it cost £100k and then £10k a year in fees!!

That's £200 a week to live like a gyppo, presumably 8-9 months maximum as well.

Probably rent a real house for less, it is in Yakky-Da simpleton land after all...I'm sure I saw a flat on the seafront in Lllanjsandfroch or sommat for £130-140 a week - looked nice too, apart from living amongst the Welsh...

Get Lakeland haven booked for the July cartmel races weekend, you won't be disappointed, not at all chavvy , upgrade to 1 level above basic and don't even tell them about the dog, nobody ever knows if you booked a dog or not.

Any level of upgrade higher than the first isn't really worth it as its usually the luck of the draw, we been here over 20 times and had some cracking caravans.

If you not bothered about the entertainment don't even get the passes, you can still go in the bars during the daytime anyway. I think you can even take dogs in the races, but get a taxi and leave the dog in the van.

Brynteg. Mainly owners. But has a few rentals. This pretty much keeps any scuzz away. On the edge of Snowdon but you can be on Anglesey in 20 mins. Best of both worlds. Close by Llyn Padarn and Llanberis. Great for water sports. Loads of walking routes. 
Beach at Newborough is great for dogs. 

https://www.parkleisure.co.uk/brynteg

Edited by Smiley

2 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

went there last year

good, although a bit big, and as nice as it is, it's full of rough scousers and non speaking welsh folk

done loads of haven via the sun deal, this is the only place where I've seen a sign in the entertainment complex asking folk not to get lairy, stand on tables, or take their clothes off

the mrs went through a spell of wanting a caravan but the site fees put me right off - her cousin has a lodge at hafan y mor and it cost £100k and then £10k a year in fees!!

£100k for a lodge sounds reasonable. Site fees - ouch! Ours are over £6k. But we have a 50% share with my business partner. Our rental property in Salford covers those fees. So it’s like a freebie for us. Usually rent it out a few times a year to cover all our maintenance, bills, etc. 

Proper house, two minutes from beach, five bedrooms and just fifty grand dearer than a garden shed on Maplins...and no £200 a week site fees to watch Ted Bovis murdering the Righteous Brothers...

https://www.primelocation.com/for-sale/details/48092358?search_identifier=5ccf8894634291c71cc721a1639f9336

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Smiley said:

£100k for a lodge sounds reasonable. Site fees - ouch! Ours are over £6k. But we have a 50% share with my business partner. Our rental property in Salford covers those fees. So it’s like a freebie for us. Usually rent it out a few times a year to cover all our maintenance, bills, etc. 

aye, the lodge is amazing as is the view - right near the cliff edge with a great view of cardigan bay

it's the fees though, and they keep going up every year

7 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Caravan parks just scream sun holidays 

if there’s no flying this year I will have to slum it 

Lakeland was good tbf but that’s it 

True,

We had a van on a Parkdean site and it was full of Sun scroats every weekend, not giving a fuck about the place, whilst us owners were paying nigh on £5k a year in fees.

We sold up and bought a new on on a smaller site that doesn't allow you to rent out. It's got a pub, a cafe/tea rooms, outdoor heated pool and a games room for kids and suits us nicely. It's right by the Lancaster Canal near Capenwray, just 2.5 miles from motorway & 3 miles from Carnforth, where I can get the train or be picked up by Lancaster Whites for the match.

It's not all laid out in rows either, we're in a little cul de sac with 3 other vans, 2 of which are hardly ever used and the other belongs to Jennifer Ellison, formerly of Brookside.

Site fees are only £2500.

2 minutes ago, Traf said:

True,

We had a van on a Parkdean site and it was full of Sun scroats every weekend, not giving a fuck about the place, whilst us owners were paying nigh on £5k a year in fees.

We sold up and bought a new on on a smaller site that doesn't allow you to rent out. It's got a pub, a cafe/tea rooms, outdoor heated pool and a games room for kids and suits us nicely. It's right by the Lancaster Canal near Capenwray, just 2.5 miles from motorway & 3 miles from Carnforth, where I can get the train or be picked up by Lancaster Whites for the match.

It's not all laid out in rows either, we're in a little cul de sac with 3 other vans, 2 of which are hardly ever used and the other belongs to Jennifer Ellison, formerly of Brookside.

Jennifer Ellison? Rules. 

2 minutes ago, Traf said:

True,

we went primrose valley lovely place but full of jocks & Leeds scroats the entertainment complex was full of kids running riot whilst the parents got pissed up on carling 

Yours sounds good especially if you can’t rent out ( think nobster has something similar) 

Each to their own not for me caravan parks (holidaying anyway).