Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Name The Ground

Zico

6 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

That roof on the right gives it away for anyone old enough

Great photo of before the ground was truly spoiled much like Burnden

Actually the ground is really neat and tidy now . County fans have moved to the kop end where the photo was took. Away fans on the side in the Jimmy  Sirrel Stand which has a a retro gable on its roof similar to the one in the photo.

22 minutes ago, Nottm_Wanderer said:

Actually the ground is really neat and tidy now . County fans have moved to the kop end where the photo was took. Away fans on the side in the Jimmy  Sirrel Stand which has a a retro gable on its roof similar to the one in the photo.

Stood on that kop end one game when it was segregated into the pens. County vs Liverpool. Back end of the season. 0-0. Shit game and Liverpool won the title that day. I’d gone with my best mate whilst we were at uni as a favour to split the petrol costs when we were students in Sheffield. Terrifying. We were in the pen right up against the County fans in the middle and it just kept getting fuller as folk were fed in there. One of my reasons for my thoughts about Hillsborough. No gate control. Just keep pushing them in.

1 hour ago, Whitestar said:

Remember that, hadn't they had an inspection of the ground that day coz of a fire.

And there was a little airport at the back of our pen.

Think we lost 3-0 as well.

Yes the little airfield , think it may have been connected with the racecourse.

The third goal was a volley from the edge of the area , top corner job , felgate didn't move . A real worldie , worthy of a  Brasilian player . I actually clapped a few seconds after realising how good it was .

Edited by Nottm_Wanderer

3 hours ago, Nottm_Wanderer said:

Yes the little airfield , think it may have been connected with the racecourse.

The third goal was a volley from the edge of the area , top corner job , felgate didn't move . A real worldie , worthy of a  Brasilian player . I actually clapped a few seconds after realising how good it was .

Donny had a decent team which included the Snodin brothers.