Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Meanwhile in Ukraine

Rudy

5 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

I believe we are definitely up there which is great.  This post was about sanctions specifically but I am not sure it is accurate.

Just seems everyone wants to have a bash at the U.K. for whatever reason they can. Embarrassing really. 

6 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Because it appears to be true (reposted by several journos) but it's Twitter so that's why I asked if it was right.

Do you know the true figures?

Appears to be true? No one knows the true figures. Yesterday, today or tomorrow. You do like to post anti government stuff. There is a politics thread. Stick it on there. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, BobyBrno said:

Appears to be true? No one knows the true figures. Yesterday, today or tomorrow. You do like to post anti government stuff. There is a politics thread. Stick it on there. 

I am fairly sure some folk do know or at least pretty close to the correct figures.

However you are correct I do post anti Government stuff because they are cunts.  That said, I shall keep such posts out of this thread even if they are linked.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, royal white said:

Just seems everyone wants to have a bash at the U.K. for whatever reason they can. Embarrassing really. 

Not the UK at all, there is a difference between the presiding Government and the country as a whole. However as I said to Boby, maybe such matters are not for this thread.

1 minute ago, Winchester White said:

I am fairly sure some folk do know or at least pretty close to the correct figures.

However you are correct I do post anti Government stuff because they are cunts.  That said, I shall keep such posts out of this thread even if they are linked.

It’s not about figures. It’s about influence. One Oligarchs wealth/influence in London maybe 10 times that of one in Luxembourg. It’s totally meaningless and yet people still post shite on social media. 
Meanwhile there is a war going on in our continent.

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, Sweep said:

Great, we've just had an alert from some of our suppliers.....The Ukraine produces over 70% of the worlds neon gas (who knew?!?!) - and neon gas is heavily used in the semiconductor manufacturing process......so they're already talking about prices being hiked up again and leadtimes being pushed further out. We're already working on 100+ weeks delivery times as it is 🙂 

Those of you who love a bit of technology, it's not going to be getting any cheaper anytime soon....

We manufacture with copper. Large amounts of which come from Russia and Ukraine.

The LME has gone fckin mental this week.

Things are going to get pretty bad if this drags on.

• Site Supporter
18 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Not the UK at all, there is a difference between the presiding Government and the country as a whole. However as I said to Boby, maybe such matters are not for this thread.

Thing is, it's always one way. Find something that can be used to make the government look bad. Ignore anything positive. 

The sanctions on individuals for example. Yet no mention that we have supposedly hit more Russian banks and institutions than anyone else.

It's not a competition, and there will be reasons for it.

Just no need for negative jingoistic attitudes whatsoever, particularly when they're posted without proper understanding and reasoning.

• Site Supporter

On a positive note- a ship with Russian lng on board and one with Russian oil on board have both been refused permission to unload their cargos by the folk working in the docks.

The recent banning of Russian owned, operated, registered ships was brilliant, but a loophole hadn't specifically banned Russian cargo aboard a ship from another nation.

Harks back to what I posted about yesterday, and writing laws. Especially when rushed, they can have flaws that need correcting. Thankfully, workers have stepped in in the meantime and said get to fuck.

• Members

Some questions.

Are NATO not stepping in purely because Ukraine aren’t a NATO member?

If that’s the case will they never intervene?

Could Ukraine make it a no fly zone? Or do they not have the capabilities to do that?

Hypothetically would killing Putin end the war? 

1 minute ago, Rudy said:

Some questions.

Could Ukraine make it a no fly zone? Or do they not have the capabilities to do that?

Yes that's why NATO aren't stepping in.

It's massively unlikely we ever will barring something like the final solution happening or Russia invading a NATO state. 

Ukraine have nowhere near enough planes to enforce a no fly zone.

It might do - but it depends who took over.

I'm no expert mind! 

2 hours ago, Spider said:

We manufacture with copper. Large amounts of which come from Russia and Ukraine.

The LME has gone fckin mental this week.

Things are going to get pretty bad if this drags on.

We had to close a Russian ballet.

It's hitting us all hard.

As for the ice shows...

8 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Some questions.

1. Yes. Sad but true.

2. They may, but that could, potentially start WW3. Never say never though.

3. They could but Russia wouldn’t give a shit.

4. Maybe. The Russians could see it as an act of aggression and… see point 2. Unless it’s done by one of their own. Then it’s classed as a Revolution. See the killing of the Tsar and his family.

The red line is invading a NATO country. NATO are a defensive organisation, not offensive.

• Members
39 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Yes that's why NATO aren't stepping in.

It's massively unlikely we ever will barring something like the final solution happening or Russia invading a NATO state. 

Ukraine have nowhere near enough planes to enforce a no fly zone.

It might do - but it depends who took over.

I'm no expert mind! 

16 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

1. Yes. Sad but true.

2. They may, but that could, potentially start WW3. Never say never though.

3. They could but Russia wouldn’t give a shit.

4. Maybe. The Russians could see it as an act of aggression and… see point 2. Unless it’s done by one of their own. Then it’s classed as a Revolution. See the killing of the Tsar and his family.

The red line is invading a NATO country. NATO are a defensive organisation, not offensive.

23 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Rudy- a no fly zone by nato also means no ukranian planes can fly.

Cheers Chaps

Say they take Ukraine, and Belarus is effectively a Russian state, Moldova is the next non NATO country does that like the long plan?

• Site Supporter
Just now, Rudy said:

Cheers Chaps

Say they take Ukraine, and Belarus is effectively a Russian state, Moldova is the next non NATO country does that like the long plan?

Looks about right. Moldova already has a Russian enclave (Transnistria) so would probably be more of a walkover for The Reds.

Putin may well stop there. If sanctions are really biting you’d hope he’d get his throat cut and Russia would see sense.

Problem is, he currently seems determined to take Ukraine at all costs and no fucker will benefit.

Hes a massive massive twat

6 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Cheers Chaps

I was reading recently that the Balkans don't have the same historical significance to Russia as Ukraine does. So he might just leave it there. But who knows?