Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Meanwhile in Ukraine

Rudy

3 hours ago, kent_white said:

I'm torn me. Really torn. 

I can see the undeniable logic in not enforcing a no fly zone or putting boots on the ground. 

But my god it's hard to swallow. Really hard. In some ways it would have been easier if Ukraine had been in NATO and our hand was forced.

I'm not comfortable with watching a country get systematically destroyed when we could intervene. But what would the consequences of that be? But if we don't, then where is our moral authority? 

Horrible, horrible situation this is......

@Rudy in response to a previous question.

Personally I think we (nato) should've gone in the day they entered Ukraine.. that said it's only 10 days old.

I don't get all those saying he would nuke us if we got involved. Just because we've got no troops on the ground doesn't mean we're not involved. We are involved and so is everyone else. If he's going to nuke everyone he'll do it anyway someday. But by doing that he's wiping out everyone including his Russia.

We've seen how bad the Russian army actually is. All these years I've thought it was ment to be one of the world's best, terrifying and a force to be reckoned with. But in reality it's outdated and they simply have soldiers on the ground that don't know what they're ment to be doing or why they're even there.

Notice nearly every Ukrainian victim has died from long range weaponry. Yet most of Russians casualties are close range contact. Not to mention the amount surrendering.

They've got something stupid like 22,000 tanks (probably not all in Ukraine). All I've seen of them is either burnt out, dead soilders hanging out of them or Ukrainian farmers towing them away.

It was said that Putin thought it would be mission complete after 15 days. Yet they've only managed to take control of one city. He's been planning this for ages, years probably and this what he comes up with while apparently using up 85% of his ground forces.

The brave Ukrainian people have taken the piss so far. Imagine if they had more help on the ground, sea and air.

Edit... Just my thoughts and opinions. I don't think I could take on the red army by myself nor do I think throwing my (wooden... not white plastic) patio furniture at them would help in anyway.

Edited by wanderer1984

4 hours ago, wanderer1984 said:

@Rudy in response to a previous question.

Personally I think we (nato) should've gone in the day they entered Ukraine.. that said it's only 10 days old.

I don't get all those saying he would nuke us if we got involved. Just because we've got no troops on the ground doesn't mean we're not involved. We are involved and so is everyone else. If he's going to nuke everyone he'll do it anyway someday. But by doing that he's wiping out everyone including his Russia.

We've seen how bad the Russian army actually is. All these years I've thought it was ment to be one of the world's best, terrifying and a force to be reckoned with. But in reality it's outdated and they simply have soldiers on the ground that don't know what they're ment to be doing or why they're even there.

Notice nearly every Ukrainian victim has died from long range weaponry. Yet most of Russians casualties are close range contact. Not to mention the amount surrendering.

They've got something stupid like 22,000 tanks (probably not all in Ukraine). All I've seen of them is either burnt out, dead soilders hanging out of them or Ukrainian farmers towing them away.

It was said that Putin thought it would be mission complete after 15 days. Yet they've only managed to take control of one city. He's been planning this for ages, years probably and this what he comes up with while apparently using up 85% of his ground forces.

The brave Ukrainian people have taken the piss so far. Imagine if they had more help on the ground, sea and air.

Edit... Just my thoughts and opinions. I don't think I could take on the red army by myself nor do I think throwing my (wooden... not white plastic) patio furniture at them would help in anyway.

i Read that he is useing 85% of his Troops 

that's a lot Too  GET DEAD 

+ how many  do you have to keep there  if they take over 

Im too extremely conflicted. 

The Ukrainians are just unlucky they happened to be born or live the other side of line drawn on a map. 

Doesnt sit right that they are the sacrificial lamb in all this.

I dont want WW3 but putting my kids to bed last night I couldn't help but think of how lucky I am to be able to do this and theres poor kids out there under attack and their Dads getting killed in combat and their houses shelled.

I know if it was us under attack we'd have the US and every big dick in the west by our side on the ground. It seems unfair Ukrainians cant have the same becasue they didnt sign a bit of paper sooner.

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, Ani said:

I think WW was saying the Russians conscripts are cannon fodder .

I was and stating that it is awful because yes the Russians are the aggressors but many of the lads on the front line haven't a clue why they are there. They thought they would be welcomed and are confused and afraid.

A shit situation for all concerned.

3 hours ago, gonzo said:

I know if it was us under attack we'd have the US and every big dick in the west by our side on the ground. It seems unfair Ukrainians cant have the same becasue they didnt sign a bit of paper sooner.

Not if Bolty and Mounts mate had owt to do with it.

10 hours ago, kent_white said:

I think we're looking for our own pretext to get involved if nothing changes soon. I partly expected the shelling of that nuclear facility to draw us into things. Under the explanation that doing so engangered the whole of Europe and could be classed as a wider aggression. Or something. I don't know I'm not Henry Kissinger like! 

Zelensky now needs to withdraw his defences to west of the Dnieper River and give himself time, he should now know the Russians lack mobility and will probably be pretty poor at an amphibious assault especially if he mounts rear-guard actions if they attempt this.

However Kiev has become the pivot for the Russian attack in the north, if the Russians take Kiev then they will be able to go on a big armoured "swan" to the west. Russia will contemplate carpet bombing Kiev as we did to Caen in WW2 which was a similar strategic hinge in Normandy where the Germans dug in. Putin's orthodox religious beliefs may block this as he will have visions of being in a motorcade in his Kiev like Hitler in Paris.

I can see a future scenario of a new line being drawn along the Dnieper and an internationally supported No Fly Zone being established over Kiev on humanitarian grounds to prevent the city following Caen's fate.

3 hours ago, little whitt said:

i Read that he is useing 85% of his Troops 

that's a lot Too  GET DEAD 

+ how many  do you have to keep there  if they take over 

Apparently conventional wisdom days you you need 1 soldier per 20 insurgents. So you'd need 50,000 soldiers to police a population with 1,000,000 insurgents. 

God knows how many insurgents there would be in Ukraine. But I'd suggest there'd be a lot! 

24 minutes ago, Dimron said:

Zelensky now needs to withdraw his defences to west of the Dnieper River and give himself time, he should now know the Russians lack mobility and will probably be pretty poor at an amphibious assault especially if he mounts rear-guard actions if they attempt this.

However Kiev has become the pivot for the Russian attack in the north, if the Russians take Kiev then they will be able to go on a big armoured "swan" to the west. Russia will contemplate carpet bombing Kiev as we did to Caen in WW2 which was a similar strategic hinge in Normandy where the Germans dug in. Putin's orthodox religious beliefs may block this as he will have visions of being in a motorcade in his Kiev like Hitler in Paris.

I can see a future scenario of a new line being drawn along the Dnieper and an internationally supported No Fly Zone being established over Kiev on humanitarian grounds to prevent the city following Caen's fate.

Just hope he still has access to the internet and this site so he knows what to do. 

• Site Supporter
13 hours ago, BobyBrno said:

I think it was you who mentioned the piles of shit at the side of the roads in that huge convoy. Well it’s still there and the shit will be piling higher. What is it, 5-6 days now. 
There are reports of the Russian VDV being wiped out in the south. These are the supposed elite of the Russian forces. Not confirmed yet but it would be a huge blow to the invaders.

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, kent_white said:

I think we're looking for our own pretext to get involved if nothing changes soon. I partly expected the shelling of that nuclear facility to draw us into things. Under the explanation that doing so engangered the whole of Europe and could be classed as a wider aggression. Or something. I don't know I'm not Henry Kissinger like! 

Revealed last night: If there is a release of radioactive nuclear material by the actions of an aggressor like this, and that material drifts into a nato country, then that can be deemed an attack, and will trigger article 5.

1 hour ago, mickbrown said:

Not if Bolty and Mounts mate had owt to do with it.

Straight from the mouth of well known liberal, snowflake peacemaker John Bolton. 

Can you imagine the geopolitical shitstorm that would have ensued if Trump had got a second term and gone down that path? What we've got now would have been a walk in the park.

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

No it won't.

But, like cheese you have a narrative.

The House of Lords fucked it off. The cunts will be back

Is it because I think they are a bunch of cunts I have a narrative? If so, guilty as fuck.

It's just a different narrative to yours. That's all.

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Revealed last night: If there is a release of radioactive nuclear material by the actions of an aggressor like this, and that material drifts into a nato country, then that can be deemed an attack, and will trigger article 5.

It could be argued that this type of action is a breach of the third pillar of the Nuclear Non-proliferation Treaty which covers the peaceful use of nuclear energy and contravention by a ratifying state would involve truly international action over and above Article 5 of NATO.