Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

retro drinks

victor meldrew

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, Ani said:

On a retro drink thread is it the right place to ask how the fuck gin has made such a return ? 

all spirits have a new lifeline through the decades , gin is the equivalent of craft beer , put some silly flavour in it ,call it a daft name, charge a premium price and people will be sucked into buying it.

emperor new clothes etc.

6 hours ago, Ani said:

On a retro drink thread is it the right place to ask how the fuck gin has made such a return ? 

Not for me, as highly beardy hipster but It doesn't taste like a Gordon's and schweppes anymore. 

Change in law allowed proliferation of small distilleries doing whacky flavours,  some of which have moved onto rum now. 

• Members
8 hours ago, victor meldrew said:

all spirits have a new lifeline through the decades , gin is the equivalent of craft beer , put some silly flavour in it ,call it a daft name, charge a premium price and people will be sucked into buying it.

emperor new clothes etc.

The flavoured Gins are all a big swizz, oooh it tastes like rhubarb and custard. No it doesn’t, it tastes like gin. Shite

• Members
3 minutes ago, Spider said:

Rum is next for the the hipsters

Tequila after that.

It’s already started. You can get mango and pineapple Morgan’s spiced. My Jamaican pirate ancestors will be spinning in Davey Jones locker

• Members
2 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

I quite like that dead man's finger rum. 

Yeah that’s alright I went to a bar opening in  Chorley couple of years ago, there was a dead mans fingers rep there, was a very messy event. I quite like Kraken as well

• Members
5 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Yeah that’s alright I went to a bar opening in  Chorley couple of years ago, there was a dead mans fingers rep there, was a very messy event. I quite like Kraken as well

Had some messy times on Rum. Went to Cuba and had rum slushies at 10am on the beach. Smashed by dinner time 😂

56 minutes ago, Spider said:

Rum is next for the the hipsters

Tequila after that.

Aye a relatively famous local DJ opened one in town last march ready for the summer season. Its going really well :D

See Htown is getting a gin bar. Bang on trend you wools haha

• Members

Vodka was done ages ago, gin has been done to death over the last few years and now it's dark rum's turn.

Must admit, I am a fan of a dark rum (not flavoured) and coke.

What's next?  Whiskey?  Fucking vile stuff, it needs something to make it taste a bit nicer.