Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Meanwhile In America

Zico

5 minutes ago, Sweep said:

You're getting all Maggie Tate again aren't you......Next you'll be telling us that the mass possession of guns doesn't have any bearing on shootings at all

Nope, what I will say is banning guns in a country that already has 10s of millions in circulation and borders South America isn’t going to do diddly squat. 50 years to late

5 minutes ago, royal white said:

Nope, what I will say is banning guns in a country that already has 10s of millions in circulation and borders South America isn’t going to do diddly squat. 50 years to late

I guess so, unless as well as banning them, you put in place huge penalties (such as the death sentence) for being caught in possession or owning one. Stopping the production and selling of ammunition, ban all "gun clubs" as well, there are things that can be done to start a reduction in gun violence.  It might take a hundred years or so, but it would slowly help the problem diminish. As you say, very little would happen overnight.

As for South America.......they could build a wall, a big beautiful wall, that would keep them out. They could make the Mexicans pay for it as well. 

1 minute ago, Sweep said:

I guess so, unless as well as banning them, you put in place huge penalties (such as the death sentence) for being caught in possession or owning one. Stopping the production and selling of ammunition, ban all "gun clubs" as well, there are things that can be done to start a reduction in gun violence.  It might take a hundred years or so, but it would slowly help the problem diminish. As you say, very little would happen overnight.

As for South America.......they could build a wall, a big beautiful wall, that would keep them out. They could make the Mexicans pay for it as well. 

Dont forget doors and good guys with guns, they fail as well. 

Just now, tyldesley_white said:

You are the one tieing Serbia with south America not me.

Noticed they all so had a security guard at the school  ... how did that work out.

I’m not. It’s really not hard to see what I’m getting at, hence the other replies. 

• Site Supporter
42 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Apologies.

@Tonge moor green jacket ?

Until school shootings are an almost daily occurrence in Serbia I'm not sure any comparison is necessary.

It's another school shooting. Just like in America. If that isn't something to compare then nothing is.

Both have lots of weapons available. 

Another one conducted by a teenager.

The numbers happening aren't relevant- I'm sure those bereaved families in Serbia won't be saying "It's ok, we don't have many".

Some bloody obtuse posts today. 

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, royal white said:

14 year old arrested. I mean how can this happen in a country with relatively strict gun laws

First incident of its kind  in the country’s history.

America probably had one in the time it took me to write this post.

6 hours ago, royal white said:

Can they not to try it and see if it works?

If it saves one life, its worth it is it not?

6 hours ago, royal white said:

If they had banned legal sales of guns after Sandy Hook, there would be somewhere between 150 & 200 million guns less than there is now.

• Site Supporter
18 minutes ago, royal white said:

I get the feeling the vast majority don’t want them banned. 

~60% think there should be a ban on Assault Rifles and Semi-Automatics according to a recent Fox News poll, so I would imagine the true figure is even higher than that. Maybe they should have a Referendum... 😬

Edited by Cheese