Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Meanwhile In America

Zico

They just cant let Biden run. Its like when Corbyn ran here. 

Political suicide.

Watching him last night on news, hes no idea what day it is. Just looks like exactly what he is, an old fella seeing out his last days. Even his hair is all fucked, he wouldnt look out of place in a nursing home bumbling on about the war.

Imagine what Trump will do to him if they go on TV in the head to heads?

It just cant happen.

22 minutes ago, gonzo said:

They just cant let Biden run. Its like when Corbyn ran here. 

Political suicide.

Watching him last night on news, hes no idea what day it is. Just looks like exactly what he is, an old fella seeing out his last days. Even his hair is all fucked, he wouldnt look out of place in a nursing home bumbling on about the war.

Imagine what Trump will do to him if they go on TV in the head to heads?

It just cant happen.

I think Biden will do much better in a head to head than you think he will (I certainly hope so). 

If you watch the vast majority of Biden's interactions with the press he's fine and pretty sharp. Certainly sharper than Trump and understands things in much greater depth. He's prone to the odd mumble - but at least 90% of what he says isn't batshit crazy.

Having said that - I still suspect the Democrats are on a hiding to nothing. America is divided, poorly educated and doesn't understand it's own role in the world any longer. I hate to say it - but I don't trust them implicitly any longer. Which is horrific. 

10 minutes ago, kent_white said:

I think Biden will do much better in a head to head than you think he will (I certainly hope so). 

If you watch the vast majority of Biden's interactions with the press he's fine and pretty sharp. Certainly sharper than Trump and understands things in much greater depth. He's prone to the odd mumble - but at least 90% of what he says isn't batshit crazy.

Having said that - I still suspect the Democrats are on a hiding to nothing. America is divided, poorly educated and doesn't understand it's own role in the world any longer. I hate to say it - but I don't trust them implicitly any longer. Which is horrific. 

Joe Rogan said it the other week on his podcast and it really does make you think...

All empires come to an end eventually. Roman, Ottoman, British, Soviets etc etc and that's just to name a few. 

Usually crumble from within too. 

They are still top dogs but for how long? 

Europe is divided too so leaves there allies weaker including us.

Divide and conquer.....

Just now, gonzo said:

Joe Rogan said it the other week on his podcast and it really does make you think...

All empires come to an end eventually. Roman, Ottoman, British, Soviets etc etc and that's just to name a few. 

Usually crumble from within too. 

They are still top dogs but for how long? 

Europe is divided too so leaves there allies weaker including us.

Divide and conquer.....

It's awful to witness and I didn't think it would happen in my lifetime. 

There's renewed talk of a European army which I think is sadly necessary to protect our borders given that NATO is likely to be undermined. 

Again - I hate to say this but I think we should be investing heavily in our defence spending. I'm not sure we're in a position to defend ourselves at the moment. And we can't rely on either the US, NATO or the Europeans (having cut ourselves off from them). We need to be self sufficient. 

Did you see the report from a leading NATO light saying that Europe needs to prepare itself for full scale war with Russia within the next 20 years. Warning of conscription being necessary etc. Unthinkable 10 years ago.

This is what happens when you undo alliances and undermine existing power structures. I've been saying this for years.....

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, gonzo said:

hes no idea what day it is. Just looks like exactly what he is, an old fella seeing out his last days. Even his hair is all fucked, he wouldnt look out of place in a nursing home bumbling on about the war.

Leave Bolty out of this

• Site Supporter
43 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Indeed. Old Trumpy boy gets back and that's the Yanks more secular than ever.

Nato is fucked and The Russians advance.

China then take Taiwan.

Oh the joys.

How ‘bout that wall though? 🇺🇸 

43 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Indeed. Old Trumpy boy gets back and that's the Yanks more secular than ever.

Nato is fucked and The Russians advance.

China then take Taiwan.

Oh the joys.

Worrying times.....

Dogs and cats, living together. Mass hysteria! 😁

Still, at least we might be out of League 1 😁

• Site Supporter
59 minutes ago, kent_white said:

It's awful to witness and I didn't think it would happen in my lifetime. 

There's renewed talk of a European army which I think is sadly necessary to protect our borders given that NATO is likely to be undermined. 

Again - I hate to say this but I think we should be investing heavily in our defence spending. I'm not sure we're in a position to defend ourselves at the moment. And we can't rely on either the US, NATO or the Europeans (having cut ourselves off from them). We need to be self sufficient. 

Did you see the report from a leading NATO light saying that Europe needs to prepare itself for full scale war with Russia within the next 20 years. Warning of conscription being necessary etc. Unthinkable 10 years ago.

This is what happens when you undo alliances and undermine existing power structures. I've been saying this for years.....

Many a new mutual defence pact agreed recently. 

Quite possibly as a protection against any Nato instability. 

That said, even if NATO lost America, there are other new members joining, so not a total disaster.

I don't think America wants to leave anyway- Trump just previously complained about others not doing their share of lifting, which was fair enough. 

So long as the EU, butt out, it will be fine.

They've now ranted at Germany for its assistance to Ukraine.

• Members
9 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

That said, even if NATO lost America, there are other new members joining, so not a total disaster.

I don't think America wants to leave anyway- Trump just previously complained about others not doing their share of lifting, which was fair enough. 

Stop being rational, logical etc. FFS. Let them be scared. It is what they live for.

37 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I'm not so sure mate. I think we need to be self sufficient as a nation. I don't think the US are a reliable partner any more sadly.

Our armed forces are is a disgraceful state. I read the other day that the navy no longer has a main battleship on active duty for the first time in its history. 

Relying on the nuclear deterrent isn't enough any longer.....

28 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

Stop being rational, logical etc. FFS. Let them be scared. It is what they live for.

You're not nervous that DT might pull the US out of NATO? Or at least destabilise it?

And you don't agree we should spend more on our armed forces to make them a world class military again? 

I thought you'd be supportive of that. 

I'm not scared, I'm realistic.

Trump destabilises international law and institutions, therefore we need to become self sufficient. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction as you regularly point out. 

This should be our reaction if we're going to keep ourselves safe.

• Site Supporter
41 minutes ago, kent_white said:

I'm not so sure mate. I think we need to be self sufficient as a nation. I don't think the US are a reliable partner any more sadly.

Our armed forces are is a disgraceful state. I read the other day that the navy no longer has a main battleship on active duty for the first time in its history. 

Relying on the nuclear deterrent isn't enough any longer.....

We rely on the Americans too much.

Trump won’t let us down.

4 hours ago, gonzo said:

They just cant let Biden run.

Yet they're going to let him run, I have no idea why at all.

As said many times, by many people, if Trump and Biden are the best two candidates (and they must be, otherwise their own parties would prevent them from doing so) that America can produce, then it's utterly ridiculous.