Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Meanwhile In America

Zico

2 minutes ago, Spider said:

Despite his senility, Biden manages to actually do President stuff, not that it matters in comparison to Trump building a wall in Colorado like…

He was probably building a wall around those imaginary states that Biden campaigned around. 54 according to him. 

• Site Supporter
Just now, royal white said:

He was probably building a wall around those imaginary states that Biden campaigned around. 54 according to him. 

What a time to be alive

One of them will have the access codes to enough nukes to turn the entire planet into a fine dust.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, tyldesley_white said:

We will have to see now the case goes this week, talk about the fine being 200million low end  to 500 million top end, and maybe the loss of his license to work in New York

Lol

He “works”???

10 minutes ago, Spider said:

What a time to be alive

One of them will have the access codes to enough nukes to turn the entire planet into a fine dust.

or when President Trump Said Revolutionary War Troops ‘Took Over the Airports’ in His Fourth of July Speech

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, tyldesley_white said:

He may have to, strong opinion say he only as ( I use the term loosely) $400 million cash on hand, even at the low end and with last weeks $83.3 million hes not going to have much left

He shits on a bog made of gold. He must have enough cash?

We should all chip in I’m good for a fiver if he’s bringing world peace.

• Members
18 hours ago, kent_white said:

That's what I've been trying to get my head around, and what I can't figure out. 

It sounds like unemployment amongst black people in America was at a historic low during the first part of DT's presidency. But it's been argued that that's because the economy was booming and there were more jobs available, which meant employers were more likely to cast the net more widely to find workers. From what I'm reading that strong economy was already happening and wasn't because of some DT effect (although he claimed it was). 

So then COVID and the Ukraine war happened, inflation rose and companies cut back on taking on new staff and were less inclined to recruit from that wider candidate pool (basically the opposite of what is described above) so employment amongst black people fell during Biden's administration. 

The other thing seems to be this 'platinum plan for black America' which DT unveiled. Which is a two page document with lots of admittedly exciting promises on it if you're from that community. 

This is all just from some reading last night. I don't understand US economics or politics to assess whether that's true or not. But seems to be the general gist amongst commentators. 

Whether it's true or not is less important I suppose than whether people believe the DT narrative. ie that the results were because he is marvellous and that Biden is senile and doesn't care about black people. Which is again, an easy story to follow if you're from that community and aren't really concerned about the nuances. Which Is argue is what populist figures rely on.

Anyway - I'm trying to be stoic about it now. There's nothing I can to influence things. I very much doubt a back and forth on here is going to swing the election. I imagine DT will win and by a margin, but then I was wrong about DT first time around and wrong about the Brexit outcome too, so clearly my judgement about world affairs isn't the greatest! 

Anyway - if anyone has read this down to the bottom then I am very impressed and would like to give you £5 as a reward! 🤣

I qualify!

• Members
5 hours ago, Spider said:

He shits on a bog made of gold. He must have enough cash?

We should all chip in I’m good for a fiver if he’s bringing world peace.

Well said sir. You know it makes sense.

9 hours ago, Cheese said:

And Trump's speeches give you the impression he's more competent? Which Biden speech gave you the worst impression? Which clip of Biden made you think he can barely walk?

I didnt say Trump was more competent did I?

Theres plenty to go at out there my argumentative little chum :D

Hes a frail old man falling asleep halfway through speeches. At his age and look he should be nowhere near office.

These 20 second clip you speak of will be hammered home by the republicans btw.

Im sure you're aware how social media works especially in the run up to the election.

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, gonzo said:

I didnt say Trump was more competent did I?

Theres plenty to go at out there my argumentative little chum :D

Hes a frail old man falling asleep halfway through speeches. At his age and look he should be nowhere near office.

These 20 second clip you speak of will be hammered home by the republicans btw.

Im sure you're aware how social media works especially in the run up to the election.

Aye, and it's not just one clip, there's plenty out there 

I like him, he's a good bloke, would've been perfect 20 years ago 

Now he's just too old 

Yet he's still a better option than the opposition 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
On 30/01/2024 at 15:54, Zico said:

Aye, and it's not just one clip, there's plenty out there 

I like him, he's a good bloke, would've been perfect 20 years ago 

Now he's just too old 

Yet he's still a better option than the opposition 

Hopefully more than 50% of US voters won't agree with you.

I'm half expecting the masterplan was always to replace him with the commie VP. Ticks all the woke boxes. Afro American, a woman, no chance of her ever being elected by the electorate so have to find a way of installing her by stealth. As sinister as it gets.

• Site Supporter
23 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

Hopefully more than 50% of US voters won't agree with you.

I'm half expecting the masterplan was always to replace him with the commie VP. Ticks all the woke boxes. Afro American, a woman, no chance of her ever being elected by the electorate so have to find a way of installing her by stealth. As sinister as it gets.

It’s a good job that could never happen here. A brown person becoming leader despite not being elected.

Perish the thought 

Investigation by his own justice department concludes that he did exactly what they've been hounding Trump for, but there's no point pressing charges as the jury would not find him mentally competent to have known what he was doing.

Feels pretty unlikely he makes it to November.

• Site Supporter

Trump needs Biden to stay the distance, but with ever increasing bouts of senility.

A decent replacement could scupper his chances and thereby end all our hopes of world peace by this time next year.

❤️

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, maaarsh said:

Investigation by his own justice department concludes that he did exactly what they've been hounding Trump for, but there's no point pressing charges as the jury would not find him mentally competent to have known what he was doing.

Biden handed the documents back as soon as he was alerted to them. Trump refused to do so, and tried to have them destroyed.

3 hours ago, maaarsh said:

4 hours ago, maaarsh said:

I've felt for a few months that he'd be replaced, but the longer it goes on, the less likely that looks. I'm no fan of Trump, but another 4 years of Biden is a worry as well

• Members
13 hours ago, Spider said:

It’s a good job that could never happen here. A brown person becoming leader despite not being elected.

Perish the thought 

There you go again. Want to tell the class the full panoply of your racist past? You must have some serious skeletons in the cupboard to continually over compensate like you do.