Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Covid-19

Spider

2 minutes ago, Spider said:

My lad has felt a bit rubbish and I do feel at times like utter death, but if you didn’t know there was a pandemic on you’d just accept it as a normal seasonal cold/monflu and leave it at that.

If it’s not a killer, we crack on. Absolutely.

Stevieb two weeks ago. 

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Site Supporter
Just now, stevieb said:

Stevieb two weeks ago. 

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

That’s been my opinion all the way through.

However, it’s only sensible to see how deadly it is or isn’t before letting it cause devastation.

Early indicators suggest it’s not so bad, but for the sake of a few weeks, let’s just be a bit  patient. Get jabbed and make sure.

We can all have a lovely drink and tons of holidays next year then with no fear.

58 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Right - this is how bonkers things are at the moment. I'm living in a house where my Mrs and 6 year old Son are both confirmed COVID positive. 

The guidance at present says I can still go about my normal, daily life with no restrictions as I've been double jabbed......

My Son went to School on Friday (again - on Government advice) and has probably infected half his class by now. 

We're not striking the right balance here!

Yeah R is negative and triple jabbed, she can go anywhere, although it's not helping much as she can't drive.

Currently trying to order milk.

• Site Supporter
48 minutes ago, kent_white said:

No - this was on Friday. His Mum had tested positive at that point. But the guidance was to send him into school unless he had symptoms or a positive test. 

Bonkers as far as I'm concerned.

I'm just waiting for my second turn now..... 😁

That's why I thought they'd said isolate as a contact of a confirmed omicron irrespective of vaccine status.

But carry on as normal if not a conformed case and double jabbed.

Now that's changed to test every day, which makes some sense, but where a little kiddy is concerned, an unvacced contact of a family member you'd expect them to isolate for a little while.

Those rules were presumably set around the delta variant and its management. 

I would have expected more stringent ones now, given its more rapid spread.

Which again brings me back to yesterday's point- for the sake of a couple of days (tops) of learning in the last week before Christmas, send them young ones home and cut out the opportunity. 

Anyway, shout out to the market place vacc folk. They were excellent 👏  today, helpful, efficient, warm and friendly, professional and rattling through walk ins and appointments alike.

Queues approximately 20 mins, jab the customers, 15 minutes wait and off. Tremendous service. 

• Site Supporter
21 minutes ago, Spider said:

That’s been my opinion all the way through.

However, it’s only sensible to see how deadly it is or isn’t before letting it cause devastation.

Early indicators suggest it’s not so bad, but for the sake of a few weeks, let’s just be a bit  patient. Get jabbed and make sure.

We can all have a lovely drink and tons of holidays next year then with no fear.

Correct.

2 hours ago, Spider said:

I’ve noticed that a lot of antivaxxers over on the Twitter do tend to be “football” lads.

Stone Island, tats, pics of them all hugging in pubs, lots of poppy references etc..

They love supporting our troops, hating the left, glorifying our past endeavours overseas and our fighting lads making the ultimate sacrifice.

Yet these lads are now being asked to take a needle in the arm. And they won’t.

The soft cunts. Not fit to wear a poppy in my opinion. Do you think our troops rattled on about the jabs they had to have before being sent off to face enemy guns? Did they fuck. They were properly brave.

Not soft bellied, patio chucking “warriors” who are scared of an ickle needle.

Seriously, not fit to wear a poppy lads. It’s no wonder the Russians ran you all over Marseille.

I’ve no doubt that there’s many you describe however I’ve come across just as many what you would call Respectable folk. Teachers, retired NHS staff, social workers. It’s not a case of just who’d you expect, there’s a right mix. All have one thing in common, they’re bell ends 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, royal white said:

I’ve no doubt that there’s many you describe however I’ve come across just as many what you would call Respectable folk. Teachers, retired NHS staff, social workers. It’s not a case of just who’d you expect, there’s a right mix. All have one thing in common, they’re bell ends 

But you’d expect the footy lads to be first in the queue. They’re the ones who like to play army.

The rest are just as bad, mind.

Just now, Spider said:

But you’d expect the footy lads to be first in the queue. They’re the ones who like to play army.

The rest are just as bad, mind.

Footy lads don't want injecting with stuff that hasn't had all the ingredients explained to them, they only take stuff like that up the nose.

21 minutes ago, Gonk said:

on the other hand: https://keithbrian.com/

Sorry for your loss If this is someone you know.

Out of context though. Edit... It is out of context. The virus is a very different beast from one year ago when Keith sadly passed.

When Spider is saying the same things I was saying when I had it two weeks ago. 

Back then I was being insensitive... 

Edited by stevieb

3 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Fine, I think, no shortage of breath. Cough isn't as bad, still there though and a bit wheezy. Proper aching and knackered, headache is fucking awful. Like painful to touch my face bad.

When I was ill with it last year, the headache was just horrendous, to the point, and it's really difficult to explain, but every hair on my head hurt, it was like I could feel each individual follicle. 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Fine, I think, no shortage of breath. Cough isn't as bad, still there though and a bit wheezy. Proper aching and knackered, headache is fucking awful. Like painful to touch my face bad.

My lungs feel like I've smoked 50 Marlboro through a towel soaked in caustic soda.