Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Gigs

L/H White

• Moderators

Nick Cave tickets out next week for tour in November:

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds announce their first headline tour of the UK and Europe since 2017, with 27 shows across 17 countries this Autumn. 
Full list of dates below.
Tickets on sale on Friday 22 March, 10am local time at nickcave.com.

ARTIST PRESALE
Current mailing list subscribers will automatically be enrolled in the Artist Presale starting on Wednesday 20 March, 10am local time. 
Ticket links and passwords will be emailed to all subscribers before the Artist Presale starts.

THE WILD GOD TOUR DATES
(support act in brackets)

2 November - Leeds, UK - first direct arena 
(Black Country, New Road) 

3 November - Glasgow, UK - OVO Hydro 

5 November - Manchester, UK - AO Arena 

6 November - Cardiff, UK - Utilita Arena 

8 November - London, UK - The O2 

12 November - Dublin, Ireland - 3Arena 

15 November - Birmingham, UK - Resorts World Arena 

1 minute ago, Zico said:

Nick Cave tickets out next week for tour in November:

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds announce their first headline tour of the UK and Europe since 2017, with 27 shows across 17 countries this Autumn. 
Full list of dates below.
Tickets on sale on Friday 22 March, 10am local time at nickcave.com.

ARTIST PRESALE
Current mailing list subscribers will automatically be enrolled in the Artist Presale starting on Wednesday 20 March, 10am local time. 
Ticket links and passwords will be emailed to all subscribers before the Artist Presale starts.

THE WILD GOD TOUR DATES
(support act in brackets)

2 November - Leeds, UK - first direct arena 

3 November - Glasgow, UK - OVO Hydro 

5 November - Manchester, UK - AO Arena 

6 November - Cardiff, UK - Utilita Arena 

8 November - London, UK - The O2 

12 November - Dublin, Ireland - 3Arena 

15 November - Birmingham, UK - Resorts World Arena 

100% doing this. Bonus that BC,NR are on too.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, tshape said:

100% doing this. Bonus that BC,NR are on too.

aye, same here

didn't think he'd suit an arena but it was pretty fucking good last time

I had beef with the arena for years just because the sound was a bit shit, but they seemed to have sorted it out these days

that said I've seen and preferred him in much smaller venues

• Moderators

talking of arenas, anyone doing Coop Live this year?

tempted by the pet shop boys

i could possibly be persuaded to do smashing pumpkins and weezer (same night)

i do like the latter in terms of having listened to some of their albums

don't mind the SPs, their hits are decent enough, but never listened to an album

I'd go on the condition that they both just played their well known hits and did an hour each

couldn't be doing with 3 hours of album and lesser known tracks

https://www.cooplive.com/events?page=1#page_part_54

Mary Wallopers were excellent last night.

It might be because as you get older you forget but was the worst gig I've been to for folk just standing around talking like they were stood in a pub.

At one point when they were going to do Wexford which is more of an emotional thing for them the lad said summat on the lines of "if anyone is talking at the side of you during this feel free to break their fucking jaw".

1 hour ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Mary Wallopers were excellent last night.

It might be because as you get older you forget but was the worst gig I've been to for folk just standing around talking like they were stood in a pub.

At one point when they were going to do Wexford which is more of an emotional thing for them the lad said summat on the lines of "if anyone is talking at the side of you during this feel free to break their fucking jaw".

I was next door watching Jerry Sadowitz. Gutted both gigs clashed but saw Mary Wallopers 3 or 4 times last year. They're brilliant. We came out of Academy 2 at about 25 past 9 and I was surprised by people walking out of the Mary Wallopers gig. I should have tried to sneak in.

• Moderators
15 hours ago, deeane Koontz said:

New Century hall next week never been there before

Seen Bill Ryder Jones there tonight, seated. Smelt like a new car. Good though.

15 hours ago, frank_spencer said:

Great venue though mobile signal is as bad as the Reebok 

Just sign into the WiFi. It's written on every table downstairs as its required for ordering food through the app. Some decent grub on offer there as well. 

6 hours ago, boogs said:

Just sign into the WiFi. It's written on every table downstairs as its required for ordering food through the app. Some decent grub on offer there as well. 

Pork belly bahn mi from Bahn Vi is class

5 hours ago, tshape said:

Pork belly bahn mi from Bahn Vi is class

Good to hear. I said to the Mrs that I'll try one of them next time. It narrowly missed out to a steak butty (can't remember the fancier title) from Tallow. It was belting to be fair. 

On 16/03/2024 at 09:51, ErnestTurnip said:

Me and the Mrs were only discussing this, this week. Is it a post covid thing? The number of gigs we've been to where we've ended up moving cos some w*nkers are out for a chat/shout rather than listening to the feckin music.

1 hour ago, Duck Egg said:

Me and the Mrs were only discussing this, this week. Is it a post covid thing? The number of gigs we've been to where we've ended up moving cos some w*nkers are out for a chat/shout rather than listening to the feckin music.

Yeah my Mrs whose pretty small in height likes to be at the back to see and the amount of beanie hatted twats just talking through quiet style gigs (Big Thief springs to mind immediately as she got into an argument with a bloke as he just wouldn't  shut up even on their really quiet songs) is on the increase. 

Same with theatre - its bizarre the amount of people being thrown out pissed and shouting along to musicals of late, since the pandemic its like no one gives a shit about other people in collective spaces.

• Moderators

I think... I'm an introvert, it's a 50/50 split in the population, approximately. Where society has an extroversion bias, ie these people more likely to be a blurt, be that pub bore or twitter nobhead.

Anyway, my theory is they legit can't handle the fact everyone is here to watch someone else, not them.

26 minutes ago, Carlos said:

I think... I'm an introvert, it's a 50/50 split in the population, approximately. Where society has an extroversion bias, ie these people more likely to be a blurt, be that pub bore or twitter nobhead.

Anyway, my theory is they legit can't handle the fact everyone is here to watch someone else, not them.

I'm probably a extrovert and I'm as quiet as a church mouse at gigs other than clapping or if it's a loud gig and I decide to go down the front when everyone else is bouncing around but that's a rarity these days. Usually in the seated area if there is one or as I say at the back.

Being an extrovert doesn't mean you're a selfish prick. Some of the biggest pains in the arse I've met are misanthropic introverts.

Went to the “theatre” last night, was actually the Octagon to see “Something About George”. Live band with story telling about George Harrison. Was really good. Band were tight as fuck. However, seats behind us, some bloke was squeaking his trainer against the seat in front, only for a couple of songs, but enough to make you wanna turn around and smack the fidgety fuck. That said, he stopped after a few folk gave him “the look”. 

Same fuckwit also thought it was great to finish off sentences, questions, etc from the lead singer when he was telling stories, muttering out facts, etc.

50 minutes ago, Smiley said:

Went to the “theatre” last night, was actually the Octagon to see “Something About George”. Live band with story telling about George Harrison. Was really good. Band were tight as fuck. However, seats behind us, some bloke was squeaking his trainer against the seat in front, only for a couple of songs, but enough to make you wanna turn around and smack the fidgety fuck. That said, he stopped after a few folk gave him “the look”. 

Same fuckwit also thought it was great to finish off sentences, questions, etc from the lead singer when he was telling stories, muttering out facts, etc.

It's odd, don't know what's going on - had a show stop in Manchester recently because a couple were pissed out of their box, filming the show and singing along

31 minutes ago, glennboltw said:

Couldn't make John Bramwell in Manchester the other week so going to Sheffield in November, his new stuff is brilliant but I'm still a big fan of the I am Kloot track's 

Seen them loads. When I left uni started working in the Geen Room (now Gorilla I think) and they used to pop in  for after hours.

I Am Kloot are one if the greatest bands in the world, and Bramwell is a world class songwriter.

Best gig was Camden - saw them in 2012 there I think at the apollo in Manchester- really boring I'm afraid.

11 hours ago, glennboltw said:

Couldn't make John Bramwell in Manchester the other week so going to Sheffield in November, his new stuff is brilliant but I'm still a big fan of the I am Kloot track's 

Big fan of I am Kloot and seen John Bramwell solo several times, including a night on the piss with him in Cologne. Top bloke. Speaking of folk chatting at gigs, saw him bollock several people at the Old Courts in Wigan who were all gabbing at the bar, while he was playing! 

9 hours ago, Duck Egg said:

Big fan of I am Kloot and seen John Bramwell solo several times, including a night on the piss with him in Cologne. Top bloke. Speaking of folk chatting at gigs, saw him bollock several people at the Old Courts in Wigan who were all gabbing at the bar, while he was playing! 

I've got a client based at The Old Courts - nice place.