Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

9/11 20 years on.Where were you when it happened?

Rudy

• Site Supporter
Just now, DazBob said:

WTF??  Surely everyone on those planes was instantly atomised as soon as they hit the towers?

She half was.

I suspect she was blown from an office, but this guy said a plane.

It's an exceptionally grim description he gives

24 minutes ago, Spider said:

There's a multi-part new documentary on National Geographic

It's probably the best of the lot. Some of the interviews with survivors are beyond beleif.

In episode 2, a doctor is going round tagging bodies on the ground (before the towers fell) and tells a story about a woman who'd been on one of the planes but was still alive on the ground.

Most harrowing thing I've ever heard.

No, I'm not having that.

1 hour ago, Spider said:

Neither was I

But you need to watch it. She was seconds from dying but was literally in bits.

There was an air hossie who fell 30,000 feet after a mid air collision in Yugoslavia back in the 70s, she was strapped in a seat and landed in a river, they reckoned that helped her survive... knackered her back but she lived, I think she remains the record holder for surviving a free fall without a chute.

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Dimron said:

I can believe it, I recall all of the methane vents around the site.

Regarding the floodlights I got a right bollocking from the site safety officer when he found out that four of us had gone up the ladders one evening after work without safety harnesses 🙂

I walked across the North Stand roof during a familiarisation visit without a harness. 

• Site Supporter
28 minutes ago, Rudy said:

What’s that on?

National geographic. Be on the catch up bit on sky plus/q

its really good, as bad as that sounds when you’re basically watching 3,000 people snuff it in unimaginable circumstances.

• Members
1 minute ago, Spider said:

National geographic. Be on the catch up bit on sky plus/q

its really good, as bad as that sounds when you’re basically watching 3,000 people snuff it in unimaginable circumstances.

I’ll stick it on tonight after MNF probably be more enjoyable than that. 

I saw something the day that when new broke to the hospitals all surgeries and all a&e’s were cleared they drafted all staff in, in preparation for the barrage of emergencies but were all left relatively empty because there weren’t many survivors 

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, jayjayoghani said:

Mentioned it recently but some person on the Lockerbie flight had survivable injuries (broken leg I think) but they succumbed to exposure. If it had happened in summer they would have probably survived. 

Yeah, I think they might have still been in their seat. Either way a human hits a maximum speed of about 120mph when falling and slows as the air thickens, you could hit a tree and if avoiding being skewered potentially may just survive.

Probably have a bit of a headache, like.

1 hour ago, jayjayoghani said:

Mentioned it recently but some person on the Lockerbie flight had survivable injuries (broken leg I think) but they succumbed to exposure. If it had happened in summer they would have probably survived. 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/267865.stm

Jesus.  Gives rise to the thought that some would have been alive and conscious as they were plummeting downwards.  Poor sods.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Jesus.  Gives rise to the thought that some would have been alive and conscious as they were plummeting downwards.  Poor sods.

Watched a documentary on it years ago.

As the plane broke up rather then burst into flames, the medical bloke said that most people on the plane would have initially lost consciousness but regained it as they fell through air with more oxygen.

Same with the Malaysian flight that was shot down.

Basically, it’s just better if you cop an engine in the face straight away because fuck me, imagine waking up to see the ground coming at you like that.

6 minutes ago, Spider said:

Watched a documentary on it years ago.

As the plane broke up rather then burst into flames, the medical bloke said that most people on the plane would have initially lost consciousness but regained it as they fell through air with more oxygen.

Same with the Malaysian flight that was shot down.

Basically, it’s just better if you cop an engine in the face straight away because fuck me, imagine waking up to see the ground coming at you like that.

Blimey. 

A relative of mine in the bobbies saw Police footage of Lockerbie the morning after.  He said the bizarrest image was a pair of legs poking out of the top of an outbuilding. It appeared that it was a victim off the plane that had fallen, frozen solid, torpedo style into some blokes potting shed. 

I'm probably not making Deane's wank any easier here 

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Blimey. 

A relative of mine in the bobbies saw Police footage of Lockerbie the morning after.  He said the bizarrest image was a pair of legs poking out of the top of an outbuilding. It appeared that it was a victim off the plane that had fallen, frozen solid, torpedo style into some blokes potting shed. 

I'm probably not making Deane's wank any easier here 

That image may be all he needs to get through the vinegars

4 hours ago, Spider said:

That’s the one.

chapter 2, the doctor tagging bodies. Honest to God that is just bleak.

Hell’s teeth!! That’s an understatement 

The whole 9/11 thing fascinates me as it can be looked at from so many different angles. This series is the grimmest by a long way

The programme that interested me most was actually one a few years ago that looked at the engineering of the building, where the planes struck and why the towers subsequently collapsed

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Hell’s teeth!! That’s an understatement 

The whole 9/11 thing fascinates me as it can be looked at from so many different angles. This series is the grimmest by a long way

The programme that interested me most was actually one a few years ago that looked at the engineering of the building, where the planes struck and why the towers subsequently collapsed

Seriously, it reminded me of the scene in Aliens when the synthetic gets ripped in half but is still talking.

Just unfathomably shit.