Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Football Ventures

Mounts Kipper

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

I can’t see hat happening due to they wanted the Hotel with the club, just the club wasn’t a option when FV bought.   May be wrong, but I remember this bit.

They did, but we dont know why

I guarantee theyll have their idea of its  ( potential) worth and if somebody offers daft money, theyll get shut

10 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Weren't they sorted a while back?

Or are there other ones?

What was sorted I think was an agreed schedule of how to repay, this could be cash to fund that, but equally might be totally separate 

On the hotel I think there is potential for a bigger chain to get involved even if it is only a partial take over, it is cheaper to market and maintain 10 hotels in a group than it is to run 10 stand alone so might be just better economically.

All guesswork ! 

11 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

I read something, quite separately, about a proper hotel company looking to buy ours. That'll be full circle.

Yeah, think Nixon wrote something in his weekly column in the Sun about the hotel possibly being sold.

• Site Supporter
13 hours ago, Breightmet Boy said:

I can’t see hat happening due to they wanted the Hotel with the club, just the club wasn’t a option when FV bought.   May be wrong, but I remember this bit.

So they bought a sellable asset. Unusual? Not really. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Supporter
26 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Pretty impressive to be associated with Radisson and can only be positive for the club. We’ll done FV.

Is it any more impressive than DeVeers? I’m just not sure what plans Radisson has that DeVeer failed to capitalise on. There must’ve been a reason for a major hotelier to cut ties. We await the first move.

7 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Is it any more impressive than DeVeers? I’m just not sure what plans Radisson has that DeVeer failed to capitalise on. There must’ve been a reason for a major hotelier to cut ties. We await the first move.

It’s great news a major premium hotel  group are taking it over, they are top level operator of hotels and will be investing and upgrading the facility one that has become tired and was on  a downward spiral, hopefully the gym and pool area can be reopened and possibly a Spa, 

25 minutes ago, Carlos said:

De Vere, never stayed in one, not an internationally known business. Any other international travellers ever been to one? Hilton, Marriott, Radisson, top tier.

Absolutely agree. Not many better names we could have had associated with the hotel really. A real coup this is. 

another tick in the box for FV

Looking at the way Radisson Individuals seem to operate, I wouldn’t be expecting much of a rebrand really and they’re more in a position of support, something that will be a huge bonus from a maintenance point of view etc, sharing resources rather than forking out as a stand alone. You’d expect they’ll want to maintain high standards though so would hope for at least a freshening of the place.