Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Be kind and shut the fuck up

Rudy

20 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Pavement are Jewish?  Now I'm conflicted. My SS grandad would spin in his grave if he hadn't been cremated, nah, he wasn't a Nazi - he liked The Beastie Boys.

Nope - David Berman was and he led the Silver Jews.

The other two then went and set up Pavement which became more popular, and Silver Jews were seen as a side project but they were a band in their own right.

Berman went onto make two albums as the Silver Jews and then got the toher two back for Tanglewood Numbers, which is amazing. 

Poor sod had drug issues, problems with his Dad (a famous American Lobbist) hated touring but then had to do it as he had huge debts from his drug use (famous line - I have a credit card rotissery system that would dazzle the ancients 😄) so had to do a fianl tour to pay it off, and then afterwards hung himself.

Just now, Not in Crawley said:

Nope - David Berman was and he led the Silver Jews.

The other two then went and set up Pavement which became more popular, and Silver Jews were seen as a side project but they were a band in their own right.

Berman went onto make two albums as the Silver Jews and then got the toher two back for Tanglewood Numbers, which is amazing. 

Poor sod had drug issues, problems with his Dad (a famous American Lobbist) hated touring but then had to do it as he had huge debts from his drug use (famous line - I have a credit card rotissery system that would dazzle the ancients 😄) so had to do a fianl tour to pay it off, and then afterwards hung himself.

That's strange, not that I would, but I'd rinse every bit of credit I have if I was going to chuck the towel in. I wouldn't pay it off ffs, I'd ride it then they could stick their debt collection letters up my rancid dead bottom.

I'll give them a whirl.

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

You say argument, I say constructive discussion.

Or just having a good old niggle with RONNIE P or whoever else.

I've been in here having arguments with folk since Rivals. I'm too old to change.

And then we can all retire to the music thread and have a nice time.

You mongalongadingdong.

Thanks for the mention, I'm touched.... but that's one for the Prince Andruw thread 😊

2 hours ago, Rudy said:

jake gyllenhaal GIF

They weren't cowboys (cattle men not rogue/incompetent tradesmen) they were shepherds - they overlooked sheep. Why did Gyllenhall draw the short straw to be the bummee? The Joker didn't even use lube, just gobbed on his cock before commencing the bummin' - the Jonathan King technique.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

Fucking hate when people quote 'Be kind' 

I will be kind to people who i think deserve it. Now piss off you patronising bastards ❤️

In one!

Bollocks to any kindness when it all flows in one direction (the path of kindness, not the boy band).

• Members
1 hour ago, bolton_blondie said:

Fucking hate when people quote 'Be kind' 

I will be kind to people who i think deserve it. Now piss off you patronising bastards ❤️

It’s tongue in cheek considered it was followed by shut the fuck up