Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Good Restaurants To Visit

jeep

Went to Anatolian Grill (Turkish) in Prestwich last night.

Anatolian Grill

The food, wine & service was exceptional!

Proper went for it - 

Starter - Hot Mixed Mezze

Main - Mixed Grill - Of the 6 that went 5 of us had it!

Dessert - Sticky Toffee Pudding & Ice Cream

Irish Coffee & Red wine

Will definitely be going back 👍 

37 minutes ago, Spider said:

“Busman's holidays are shit"

- Youri McAnespie. 2022.

EFA.

If you'd ever worked in a kitchen you'd know it drains all the pleasure out of dining out - all one does is nitpick and find faults.

Someone was waxing lyrical about some antipasto at Luciano's they had t'other night, I was polite and nodded along, but was actually thinking "great, they open some packets and jars and fiddle about a bit with it..."

I'll eat out overseas, but here it's pretty dire, including where I worked, I saw someone drop trout fillets on the floor and pick them up as if nowt was wrong - the floor was filthy due to staff going out back for a cig. I'd rather go up Daubhill or Deane Road and have an unpretentious meal.

If they have Sumac on the counter it'll be good - usually.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Members
1 minute ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Redbank Road Chippy was a cracker as a kid, you could eat off a plate on a dining table in the back...

I'm sure it was a third rate Kebab shop last time I passed.

If that amusements around the corner on the front with the monkey is a fucking set of bedsits Bispham is dead to me...

Used to always go there as a kid with the Grandparents. Was utter gash last time i went in. 

9 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Redbank Road Chippy was a cracker as a kid, you could eat off a plate on a dining table in the back...

I'm sure it was a third rate Kebab shop last time I passed.

If that amusements around the corner on the front with the monkey is a fucking set of bedsits Bispham is dead to me...

Do you mean the one next door to Bispham and Cleveleys Kitchen? You walked in the door and there were some steps up to a back room on the right of the counter with Formica tables and bench seats. Utterly superb food. If so, it’s now a fucking rank chippy. There also used to be a good one across the road - like a terraced house that served chippy teas

And yes, the amusement arcade is still there. Or at least it was back end of last year

4 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Do you mean the one next door to Bispham and Cleveleys Kitchen? You walked in the door and there were some steps up to a back room on the right of the counter with Formica tables and bench seats. Utterly superb food. If so, it’s now a fucking rank chippy. There also used to be a good one across the road - like a terraced house that served chippy teas

And yes, the amusement arcade is still there. Or at least it was back end of last year

That's the place, was always packed. Clean.

There used to be an ice cream gaff further down. An Italian cafe that was a real throwback to the sixties over the road, would've been right up Bolty's street.

Last time I was up there it looked like dossers' row, surprised the amusements is still there.

The chippy used to be the last call of cars and coaches doing 'the lights'...

4 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

That's the place, was always packed. Clean.

There used to be an ice cream gaff further down. An Italian cafe that was a real throwback to the sixties over the road, would've been right up Bolty's street.

Last time I was up there it looked like dossers' row, surprised the amusements is still there.

The chippy used to be the last call of cars and coaches doing 'the lights'...

Yep. Absolutely spotless. My dad was an utter chippy snob. He would drive there with my mum just to have a chippy tea. There’s a cafe opposite there now that advertises itself as an “award winning” ice cream place so guess that’s where you mean?

Never used to go to Bispham Kitchen due to how good that chippy was but they’ve really upped their game. Compulsory stop now every time I do a bike ride on the Fylde Coast