Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

So Called 'Men' Who dye their hair etc.

Youri McAnespie

• Members
Just now, Not in Crawley said:

Short back and sides is a style

Crew cut is a style.

Lord save me from grumpy bollocks about having hairstyle issues of a repressed bloke from the 20s.

Don't you ever, stop being dandy showing me you're handsome....

The day I stop having a “style” is when/if I start to go bald. But until then I’ll still be getting whatever I fancy having done at the barbers.  

14 minutes ago, Rudy said:

The day I stop having a “style” is when/if I start to go bald. But until then I’ll still be getting whatever I fancy having done at the barbers.  

Love getting a new style. Mind you, it's either shorter or a bit longer nowadays.

Liking the grey through, its like God is dying your hair. Changes every year now, free of charge.

39 minutes ago, Traf said:

@Gonk 

Every time this photo resurfaces, I have to do a double take. Then I remember that I couldn't reach a high tailpipe like a Range Rover, more of an MX5 height. To be honest nowadays I just use a pringles tube and go brum brum

32 minutes ago, Gonk said:

Every time this photo resurfaces, I have to do a double take. Then I remember that I couldn't reach a high tailpipe like a Range Rover, more of an MX5 height. To be honest nowadays I just use a pringles tube and go brum brum

Pringles?

Bigging yourself up a touch, there.

#smarties

Edited by Traf

• Members

I should have known better. The homo erotica devotees on here wouldn't have been likely to know that the skinhead youth culture which emerged in 1969 was originally known as 'hard mod'. Not a reference to the ability to fight (you numb fuckers) but a reference to the look 'sharpening up' by way of more military style haircuts and certainly moving away from the more effeminate ways and styles of some of the original trailblazers (like Marc Bolan for example) who favoured the bouffant hairstyle amongst other things.

Probably pointless referring them to excellent reference works like 'The Influential Factor' by Graham Lentz or 'Mod, A Very British Phenomenon' by Terry Rawlings. Even 'Mods, The New Religion' by Paul 'Smiler' Anderson might be a bit too highbrow for tickets who, it seems, spend their days browsing in the world of on line gaydom.