Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

A Tub Of Brylcreem.

leigh white

1 minute ago, BobyBrno said:

Used to use a dab for many years on my hair to give it a bit of hold. Now use FISH gel. Just a bit on wet hair.

Modern problems for people with a full head of (grey) hair😊

It must have worked, he still had a cracking yed of hair before he passed away in his mid 80s.

Moss St Baths late 1940s my dad used to tell a tale about Bryl Creem dispensers, cost a tanner or so for a glob out of a machine, but the lads realised you could suck it out the machine for nowt. He lived to be 87 so no long term harm done but the thought alone makes me gag.

3 minutes ago, Baba O'Riley said:

Moss St Baths late 1940s my dad used to tell a tale about Bryl Creem dispensers, cost a tanner or so for a glob out of a machine, but the lads realised you could suck it out the machine for nowt. He lived to be 87 so no long term harm done but the thought alone makes me gag.

Who the fuck found about that wangle ?😀

Just now, leigh white said:

Who the fuck found about that wangle ?😀

I believe it was his mate ‘Podge’, but cannot fathom how he thought that would be a good thing to try in the first place, shudder to think, apart from being skint and necessity being the mother of invention 😆

1 minute ago, Baba O'Riley said:

I believe it was his mate ‘Podge’, but cannot fathom how he thought that would be a good thing to try in the first place, shudder to think, apart from being skint and necessity being the mother of invention 😆

Brilliant, your dad must have had some cracking mates down the years and had some great laughs.😀

2 minutes ago, Baba O'Riley said:

Certainly did, from running three pubs in town in the 50’s and 60’s, drumming in the Palais band and doing National Service, a good few tales from the Burnden days and a life well lived, miss him every day, a proper character and a gent.

Had some great times watching the Whites with me dad and his Grandson and we still carry on the tradition.

• Members

Always remember the Brylcreem being alongside the johnnies on the barbers shelf.

Me grandad used the stuff (Brylceem not johnnies) most of the time but now and again summat called 'Pomade'. If he used the latter in summer he seemed to get a lot of attention from bees and wasps etc.