Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Dapo Afolayan

Traf

Speaking of Rangers in Europe...

"Please don't trash the place, Manchester has only just finished clearing up after last time, and don't go doing anything absolutely riot inciting mental like sticking your club's flag in the centre circle of your most hated rivals"

• Members
4 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Speaking of Rangers in Europe...

"Please don't trash the place, Manchester has only just finished clearing up after last time, and don't go doing anything absolutely riot inciting mental like sticking your club's flag in the centre circle of your most hated rivals"

They’ll be on the Bucky now 

9 hours ago, Rudy said:

European football and a chance to win a league. Wouldn’t you?

Unlikely 

much better chance of progression via Bolton, I’d have thought?

10 hours ago, Rudy said:

They’ll be on the Bucky now 

I’m not a Rangers fan but the 2 times I’ve come into contact with them they’ve been decent, Porto when some BWFC idiot unveiled a Celtic shirt to provoke a reaction and I was present that night in manchester when the police created an issue by turning off the screens in Piccadilly square just as the match started, both these events could have caused full scale riots. Yes Manchester TC was full of litter & bottles but to be fair there was no where to put the said rubbish & the Celtic shirt incident they brushed it off and were friendly after that event. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Members
1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’m not a Rangers fan but the 2 times I’ve come into contact with them they’ve been decent, Porto when some BWFC idiot unveiled a Celtic shirt to provoke a reaction and I was present that night in manchester when the police created an issue by turning off the screens in Piccadilly square just as the match started, both these events could have caused full scale riots. Yes Manchester TC was full of litter & bottles but to be fair there was no where to put the said rubbish & the Celtic shirt incident they brushed it off and were friendly after that event. 

It was poorly planned, they were 300 miles from a European cup final of course they’re were going to fill the place. Just hope the policia don’t go wading in on Wednesday

• Members

No indication he wants to go, in fact it’s the opposite. 
No indication we need the money

Rangers aren’t known for throwing around reddies. They’re in for loans and free transfers which might show that they’re not that flush. 

Don’t see him going anywhere to be honest. 

49 minutes ago, Rudy said:

No indication he wants to go, in fact it’s the opposite. 
No indication we need the money

Rangers aren’t known for throwing around reddies. They’re in for loans and free transfers which might show that they’re not that flush. 

Don’t see him going anywhere to be honest. 

That's my thinking too. Don't think playing in a pub league will tempt him. He's settled at Bolton, for the forseeable.

1 hour ago, waffer cup 07 said:

That's my thinking too. Don't think playing in a pub league will tempt him. He's settled at Bolton, for the forseeable.

😂😂😂😂. I thought it was just covid you were deluded on. And gays. But clearly not 

• Members
3 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Anyone who thinks Dapo wouldn't jump at the chance of playing for either of the Old Firm in a heartbeat is deluded.

If they come In for a bid that the club deem good enough, he’s going. Be mad not to. But like I said they don’t throw around money anymore 

Don’t see the appeal of Rangers or Celtic at all. It’s a step down. Players leave them to sign for Southampton and Bournemouth. It’s like being in a league where people only follow Liverpool and the rags. Yeah well good.

1 minute ago, tomski said:

Don’t see the appeal of Rangers or Celtic at all. It’s a step down. Players leave them to sign for Southampton and Bournemouth. It’s like being in a league where people only follow Liverpool and the rags. Yeah well good.

It's often a quick(er) route to the Premier League. 

11 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

It's often a quick(er) route to the Premier League. 

But you’d have to play and live in Scotland. Can you put a price/time frame on that?

Edited by tomski

Just now, London Wanderer said:

You post a decent response showing otherwise

then a few posts later someone's posted the same shite again 😂

I look at it the opposite way. Someone would have to pay me a hell of a lot of money more than I earn now to move south of the border. 

or a yes vote in indyref2 of course (if one happens) 😬

4 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Priceless being lucky enough to live up here mate. 

To be clear I don’t think those of you living up there have it bad at all. In jest which I think you know already.

That saying my opinion on Scottish football is all legit. It’s not a step up from the opportunity here. I imagine after the dick swinging of the 8 times they play each other a season it’s fucking grim. If Hearts and Hibs put up more of a fight (whether they can or can’t) it would be infinitely more interesting.

Bundesliga can produce far more winners that Scotland can in last 30 years which is astounding as Bayern win every year.

England is pretty closed shop but 2 teams is a big part of why I think it’s dull. Also have little interest in the background/hate of them both which doesn’t help.

8 minutes ago, tomski said:

To be clear I don’t think those of you living up there have it bad at all. In jest which I think you know already.

That saying my opinion on Scottish football is all legit. It’s not a step up from the opportunity here. I imagine after the dick swinging of the 8 times they play each other a season it’s fucking grim. If Hearts and Hibs put up more of a fight (whether they can or can’t) it would be infinitely more interesting.

Bundesliga can produce far more winners that Scotland can in last 30 years which is astounding as Bayern win every year.

England is pretty closed shop but 2 teams is a big part of why I think it’s dull. Also have little interest in the background/hate of them both which doesn’t help.

I find it more interesting I guess as I live here so it’s what folk talk about etc so it becomes a part of your life. 

agree would be much better if hearts hibs and Aberdeen offered a bit more of a challenge. 

I watch Livingston from time to time simply cos I had a link to them in a previous job and a bird I was pumping lived a mile from the stadium. Plus I would much rather watch a small community club than the other more fashionable clubs.