Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Them Wigan C **nts.

Burndens Bogs

Another gem from Latics Speyk this afternoon. 

‘IF we don't enter administration and the club is sold and taxman paid then the embargo is lifted,but at this stage that's a very big IF’

No, that’s three big IF’s. You thick pie-eating twat. 🖕

4 minutes ago, Zulu said:

Another gem from Latics Speyk this afternoon. 

‘IF we don't enter administration and the club is sold and taxman paid then the embargo is lifted,but at this stage that's a very big IF’

No, that’s three big IF’s. You thick pie-eating twat. 🖕

Pretty sure we were still under embargo after we paid the bill . Otherwise it would not say 3 transfer windows just sat until the bill is paid . It’s a rule change anyway says in effect from today 

Edited by Farnywhite

On 06/06/2023 at 17:25, Zico said:

What's he seeing in that tweet that I'm not that suggests the owner was more in tune with the fan base than any other other could be

fuck knows, I thought I must be missing something

Just catching up with the news: A three window embargo would have been lovely but it's not like I can see them spending cash on players anyway. No footballer in his right mind would sign for them anyway just now given the consistent late or non payment of wages. 

What's of real interest is how soon the under contract members of their squad can walk if they've not been paid. Once they all start jumping the sinking ship the club will be left trying to patch together a squad for the coming season with no player worth their salt wanting to entertain them.

I hope someone comes along and steals their manager too. 

Kick a man when he's down? Bolton fans have long, long memories. 

#believe

32 minutes ago, Dr Faustus said:

Yeah, I’ll go in their home end and give em a couple of quid. Just wondering how big a bag of popcorn I could get away with without drawing too much attention upon myself

Maybe pull a Ben & Jerry's pot out and one of them small jelly cubes (do they still exist ?)   Used to be about 12 little cubes to break apart.    

5 hours ago, Farnywhite said:

Pretty sure we were still under embargo after we paid the bill . Otherwise it would not say 3 transfer windows just sat until the bill is paid . It’s a rule change anyway says in effect from today 

When teams come out of admin they have to provide an 18 month (I think) business plan and proof they can afford the plan. 
Once they have delivered the 18 month plan they come out of embargo.

That is how it worked for us, if you remember we had to meet deadlines on repaying creditors.

Wigan have not yet gone into Admin so they do have some leeway at the moment.