Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Meanwhile In England

royal white

26 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Wouldn’t say it was an argument I was making. More making a point for discussion.

Interesting one this though. 

It’s all hypothetical, but could be times where we need to consider if it’s in our best interests to send them back. A terrorist for example, who might be more dangerous to us back home in a regime that supports them or doesn’t monitor their actions. 

Think it’s about doing it case by case. For every ridiculous case we hear, like rapists being allowed to stay, there are also innocent people who’s appeal prevents them from being sent back to harm. 

So rapists are good to go back and rape 👍 got ya 

Going back to the EU and the ECHR. This is a passage from the link I quoted above. 

The package includes a “crisis regulation” that will allow EU countries experiencing a vaguely-defined “mass influx” or a “situation of instrumentalization of migrants by a third country or non-state actor” to derogate from key human rights obligations, moving closer to legalizing the denial of the right to asylum.

Seems like the EU have covered themselves already. 

38 minutes ago, royal white said:

So rapists are good to go back and rape 👍 got ya 

Sorry I misread however you did mention it the other day when we were discussing the rapist. You also mentioned it about the guy who committed murder over here and had avoided deportation. 

3 minutes ago, royal white said:

Sorry I misread however you did mention it the other day when we were discussing the rapist. You also mentioned it about the guy who committed murder over here and had avoided deportation. 

Not sure what you mean. What did I mention?

• Members
3 hours ago, royal white said:

And like I said quite a reach. “Disbanding the police” 😂😂

Tinfoil hat material. Maybe he's hardcore BLM and merely following their manifesto?

19 hours ago, bolty58 said:

At least we have arrived at the gist of the matter. The ECHR. Totally unfit for purpose 70 years on and been commandeered as a vehicle for overbearing EU nannyism.

It was a noble enough idea when it was first drafted but it was clearly for a different world than the one we now live in

8 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

Where are the civil libertarians on this one then? Thought not.

Too busy making sure illegals are afforded every possible hope of staying.

Roll back there bonehead.

Whilst no one is saying things like this are good let's just look under the stone a moment. The campaign against anti semitism group had in itself come under a fair bit of critism since it was founded by other Jewish groups as simply a pro-Isrealist faction.  They have been under scrutiny for a good while now and have pissed off an awful lot of Jewish folk as being right wing and rattling certain people's cages (see above)

9 hours ago, royal white said:

London  2024. you can’t go over there because you’re quite openly Jewish. 🤦🏻

Perhaps the officer was concerned for the Jew's safety, as he seemed to be on his own.

If the EDL were marching, I'd expect the police to advise a lone Asian/African/West Indian etc to stay out of the way too.
Surely that's common sense?

PS I should add that I didn't watch the full clip when i noticed it was 8 minutes long, I haven't got time for that.

1 hour ago, Traf said:

Perhaps the officer was concerned for the Jew's safety, as he seemed to be on his own.

If the EDL were marching, I'd expect the police to advise a lone Asian/African/West Indian etc to stay out of the way too.
Surely that's common sense?

PS I should add that I didn't watch the full clip when i noticed it was 8 minutes long, I haven't got time for that.

But we keep hearing how London is a multicultural safe city yet here we have a man being told to stay away from certain areas because he’s obviously a Jew. 

As for the comparison  with the EDL, the EDL were painted as a violent group of larger lout racist football thugs, The Pro Palestine mob, so we are led to believe, are a group focusing on peace. Can you see the irony. 

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, royal white said:

But we keep hearing how London is a multicultural safe city yet here we have a man being told to stay away from certain areas because he’s obviously a Jew. 

As for the comparison  with the EDL, the EDL were painted as a violent group of larger lout racist football thugs, The Pro Palestine mob, so we are led to believe, are a group focusing on peace. Can you see the irony. 

Certainly a huge irony.

As for the copper himself, he is between the devil and the deep blue sea. He has an impossible situation on his hands, and it made sense at that moment to try to get the fella away. 

The bigger picture however is very different, and Rowley seems to have emboldened the groups to behave in such a manner by the management of the marches.

3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Certainly a huge irony.

As for the copper himself, he is between the devil and the deep blue sea. He has an impossible situation on his hands, and it made sense at that moment to try to get the fella away. 

The bigger picture however is very different, and Rowley seems to have emboldened the groups to behave in such a manner by the management of the marches.

Yep. Also the EDL matches were usually once every blue moon. These Pro Palestine marches are pretty much every weekend.

10 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Roll back there bonehead.

Whilst no one is saying things like this are good let's just look under the stone a moment. The campaign against anti semitism group had in itself come under a fair bit of critism since it was founded by other Jewish groups as simply a pro-Isrealist faction.  They have been under scrutiny for a good while now and have pissed off an awful lot of Jewish folk as being right wing and rattling certain people's cages (see above)

Questioning the source & their motives ? Calm down lad. Thats too much nuance for some, you’ll hurt their wee heads.

EnOuGh is EnOuGh

Twist what I said how you like, but one person alone whose views are diametrically opposite to those of a nearby large crowd is often likely to be in danger, as the bigger the crowd, the bigger the chance of a nobhead going too far.

A lone Liverpool fan could easily avoid a group of United fans safely, but if he entered their group he'd be in danger.

42 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Questioning the source & their motives ? Calm down lad. Thats too much nuance for some, you’ll hurt their wee heads.

EnOuGh is EnOuGh

I mean, they had a pop at Miriam Margolyes and that's just not on!

51 minutes ago, Traf said:

Twist what I said how you like, but one person alone whose views are diametrically opposite to those of a nearby large crowd is often likely to be in danger, as the bigger the crowd, the bigger the chance of a nobhead going too far.

A lone Liverpool fan could easily avoid a group of United fans safely, but if he entered their group he'd be in danger.

Not sure who’s twisting words? 

6 hours ago, royal white said:

Yep. Also the EDL matches were usually once every blue moon. These Pro Palestine marches are pretty much every weekend.

I miss the EDL marches. They always had moment of high comedy