Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Royal Race Row

little whitt

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, DazBob said:

What's happened?

Nothing really. 

Just that the Dutch publication of the latest book, actually named to alleged royal racists.

Then Mr Morgan decided to name them publicly. He says he felt it was better to do so, to allow a proper debate and opportunity for the claims to be challenged.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Apparently some unknown bloke wrote a book about the royals and racist comments about Harry and Megan's child 

It's claimed in the Dutch translation he mentions names but no other country, but the book is removed pront, 

The author denies this 

Piers Morgan names them and it's reported as Charles and Kate 

Daily mail readers go into meltdown about the claims as of the royal family aren't racist 

Do you believe they are?

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Do you believe they are?

there's a sliding scale of racism, you have outright non-white hating facists (American History X, South Africa), then somewhere down the other end, you have a sneering sense of superiority and further still, ignorance (like that woman at the royal do who kept saying "where are you from")

I doubt they are at the top end of the scale

prince phillip was well known for his views passed off as gaffes

I suspect they'd be someone between a sense of superiority and ignorance, and wouldn't much fancy have a mixed race kid in the family

so

5 out of 10 on the racist scale

a mix of intolerance and ignorance, but out of sight out of mind, so don't let any into the castle

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, L/H White said:

they've nonces amongst them, not hard to believe there's racists in the ranks to is it FFS 

Scumbags

Despite there being no evidence, apart from the unsubstantiated word of one unpleasant individual, whereas there is plenty of evidence to the contrary.

I'm not sure they will, but on this I'd quite like them to challenge the claims formally.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Zico said:

there's a sliding scale of racism, you have outright non-white hating facists (American History X, South Africa), then somewhere down the other end, you have a sneering sense of superiority and further still, ignorance (like that woman at the royal do who kept saying "where are you from")

I suspect they'd be someone between a sense of superiority and ignorance, and wouldn't much fancy have a mixed race kid in the family

so

a mix of intolerance and ignorance, but out of sight out of mind, so don't let any into the castle

I'd agree with much of that; it applies throughout society as a whole.

As above though, there is no substantiated evidence.

One was let into the castle too.

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Despite there being no evidence, apart from the unsubstantiated word of one unpleasant individual, whereas there is plenty of evidence to the contrary.

I'm not sure they will, but on this I'd quite like them to challenge the claims formally.

13 minutes ago, Zico said:

so

They’re superior to all whiteys as well to be fair

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, royal white said:

Are these (supposedly) racist comments the ones when some of the royals were discussing what the baby would like? 

I’ve only seen it in Dutch but I think you get the gist from this:

“Mijn kleinzoon Archie lijkt op Snoop Dogg for fucksh shake”

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, DirtySanchez said:

Never met them so don't know

Quite.

Yet those that have say they're not. Evidence there.

Evidence from all the work they do, and the nations from all over, including those that are choosing to join the commonwealth, that the picture painted by a tedious, proven liar is bollocks.

Not really sure how that has anything to do with a newspaper's readership. 

It simply suits those with an ideological axe to grind to believe it.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, royal white said:

Are these (supposedly) racist comments the ones when some of the royals were discussing what the baby would like? 

Aye.

None of us know what conversations were had in private, nor any context.

Yet the author will make good money, again, on the back of hearsay and lies.

He even claimed that he didn't put the names in the Dutch version. 

31 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Quite.

Yet those that have say they're not. Evidence there.

Evidence from all the work they do, and the nations from all over, including those that are choosing to join the commonwealth, that the picture painted by a tedious, proven liar is bollocks.

Not really sure how that has anything to do with a newspaper's readership. 

It simply suits those with an ideological axe to grind to believe it.

The Daily Mail will have fuck all said about the Royal Family 

Apparently on the day it was revealed that the Dutch version leaked the names, they rain an article from Sarah Vine calling it poisonous and probably also an editorial 

Then devoted five pages to talking about the book 

You know there are certain papers that will have fuck all said against them 

They also hate Harry and Meghan

Papers have an agenda and it's readers lap it up

Maybe another reason why we could do without a monarchy?

Only because we have to have heads of state that reflect the state - when they don't, well their heads have sometimes gone awol. You can't have an anatronistic representatives of the country. That's the real issue here. Not if someone said something over dinner or to their PS.

(not a personal opinion - just a view)

Edited by Not in Crawley

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

An apolitical monarch acting as Head of State in a constitutional monarchy - as we have now - is the ideal position in my opinion

It's all a bit 19th century imo and I think we as a country have only held on as long as we have to the monarchy is because of the late Queen.

2 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

An apolitical monarch acting as Head of State in a constitutional monarchy - as we have now - is the ideal position in my opinion

That would be lovely. In reality it's often not the case.

Often the RF does need a reset - as happened after Diana died. The issue is we're living through very diversive times in this country and as the head of state in these times they will be more srcutinised for every tiny misstep. Which will be pounched on by those who hate then and defended by those that love them. Like Brexit, but with a crown.

Until a younger King in on the throne, this won't go away. Also, as a country, we lost somthing when the Queen died - a link to the past, and a state of being that we could all look up to.

King Charles is on a hiding to nothing - as soon as William is crowned we can all move on.

2 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

That would be lovely. In reality it's often not the case.

Often the RF does need a reset - as happened after Diana died. The issue is we're living through very diversive times in this country and as the head of state in these times they will be more srcutinised for every tiny misstep. Which will be pounched on by those who hate then and defended by those that love them. Like Brexit, but with a crown.

Until a younger King in on the throne, this won't go away. Also, as a country, we lost somthing when the Queen died - a link to the past, and a state of being that we could all look up to.

King Charles is on a hiding to nothing - as soon as William is crowned we can all move on.

Move on to what?

2 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

It's all a bit 19th century imo and I think we as a country have only held on as long as we have to the monarchy is because of the late Queen.

She wasn't just a Queen she represented a past that we all sort of grew up with.

This is a new country now - like it or not - my kids have no real link tn WW2, its was a great grandpa war, someone they never met and wrote about in 'my family history' - and they are the future - time to stop holding onto the past for them to not care aboutas we did.

1 minute ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Move on to what?

From where we are.

We are a divided nation - a scissored isle.

We're stuck to much in the past. We are not a colonial nation, we need European partners, we are not a global power. Lets look at our amazing strengths.

A modern forward looking country, that works with partners, is proud of our history but doesn't arrogantly rest on it.