Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rooney Ban Reduced

HomerJay

• Site Supporter

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16064924.stm

why has it been reduced?

i can understand it if they recinded it if found not guilty.

but if its a red card offence, then 3 matches is the rule.

plus

Rooney has also agreed to do one day of community service with a Uefa project.

theyre just make it up as they go a long.

Whilst it's good news for us (England), I don't agree with it. Rules is rules. You kick out at someone it's a 3 match ban. Everyone knows that and Rooney knew it when he did it.

When they do shit like this they set dangerous precedents.

• Moderators

When they do shit like this they set dangerous precedents.

for me, it does in that the FA thought kicking the opponent off the ball (as in he was never going for it) is not worthy of a 3 match ban, hence they appealed, it's as if they are setting the bar for what they deem acceptable and not, or certainly what punishments fit what "crimes"

http://news.bbc.co.u...ll/16064924.stm

why has it been reduced?

i can understand it if they recinded it if found not guilty.

but if its a red card offence, then 3 matches is the rule.

plus

theyre just make it up as they go a long.

FA rules are different to UEFA rules, which are different to FIFA rules, as far as disciplinary measures are concerned.

Violent conduct:

FA: 3 games (either rescinded to zero, stay at 3, or additional game if deemed a 'frivoulous' appeal)

UEFA: 1-4 games, dependant upon factors such as seriouness of offence, past behaviour etc.

FIFA: as above, but 1-6 games.

• Moderators

FA rules are different to UEFA rules, which are different to FIFA rules, as far as disciplinary measures are concerned.

Violent conduct:

FA: 3 games (either rescinded to zero, stay at 3, or additional game if deemed a 'frivoulous' appeal)

UEFA: 1-4 games, dependant upon factors such as seriouness of offence, past behaviour etc.

FIFA: as above, but 1-6 games.

fair fucks, didn't know any of that

fair play to them for appealing....

but still, he kicked an opponent in the back of the legs off the ball, what would've got him 4 games?

• Moderators

tis all about the rules

well, not 'all about'

the blokes doing the appealing are a different part of the fa to the ones sorting discipline in england

and just what its got to do with that jock/scouse fcuker and his despicable player, lord knows

I understand the FA can't reduce a ban so maybe i am wrong.

But do you really think they'd even consider an appeal if someone did that in the premier league.

a three match ban in a six match tournament.

As much as I loathe him, this would equate to a 19 game ban in the Barclays premier league for the same offence would seem a tad harsh.

Different Association Different competition different rules. Not difficult really.

• Site Supporter

tis all about the rules

well, not 'all about'

the blokes doing the appealing are a different part of the fa to the ones sorting discipline in england

and just what its got to do with that jock/scouse fcuker and his despicable player, lord knows

plus he's a complete cunt, who never gives a straight answer to any question.

every answer to every question is some snidey comment.

just fuck off.

it shows the FA as a bunch of hypocrits, the whole respect agenda is about stopping this type of behaviour not asking for the ban to be redcued because the rules say you can.

I fully agree that the appeal was within the rules but how many kids playing football now think that kicking a player off the balll is not as bad as they first thought?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.