Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Official Boxing Thread...

gonzo

wilders footwork is terrible. He’s like a dog on freshly mopped lino. 

His accuracy isn’t much better either but it only takes one to connect and he could be in luck.

A 90% sharp fury wins without Issue imo. Not sure how close he is to that though.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, kent_white said:

I like Fury - I've warmed to him over the past couple of years. Don't really understand boxing well enough to predict a winner - but I'd love him to pull it off.

Same here. Just wish he'd fought someone half decent since he went off the rails. His last 2 fights were proper farces. Big gamble this one. 

5 minutes ago, Didledee said:

TF was robbed a win, sure he was put down twice, but what about the rest of the rounds? 

Yes down in the 9th and 12th how he got up from that last one only he knows. But apart from that I would probably give DW 2 other rounds. The stats aren’t even close. How one judge gave it 115-111 to DW is unbelievable 

Credit where it's due. TF, with all that he's done and been through since beating VK, is a better boxer than i gave him credit for. I now think he would give AJ a very rough ride. After years of nothingness the heavyweight division is getting interesting again. Mainly down to our fighters if I'm honest.

1 minute ago, Underpants said:

Credit where it's due. TF, with all that he's done and been through since beating VK, is a better boxer than i gave him credit for. I now think he would give AJ a very rough ride. After years of nothingness the heavyweight division is getting interesting again. Mainly down to our fighters if I'm honest.

A man his size has no right to be as slick and as quick on his feet as he is. Personally I think both of these beat AJ.

4 minutes ago, royal white said:

A man his size has no right to be as slick and as quick on his feet as he is. Personally I think both of these beat AJ.

AJ will have to up his game, that's for sure. TF, AJ & DW can do the rounds with each other like Ali, Frazier & Foreman did in the 70s. If they keep away from no-mark mandatory fights then this is exciting.

28 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Looking forward to seeing the stats on how punches Wilder landed cleanly, very few I would imagine

Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury: Jabs landed: Wilder - 40 of 248 (16%) Fury - 46 of 248 (21%) Power shots: Wilder - 31 of 182 (17%) Fury - 38 of 104 (37% Total: Wilder - 71 of 430 (17%) Fury - 84 of 327 (26%) Judges scorecards: 111-115 Wilder 114-110 Fury 113-113 draw

10 minutes ago, Spider said:

Fair fucks to Fury.

getting up after those punches in the last round was Rocky-esque  stuff

his American pie afterwards was ace too

he’s growing on me

I’m liking Fury tough as old boots talks the talk but walks it as well, just seen the American pie interview, superb he doesn’t give a shit for conforming, he’s proper box office and got me enjoying boxing again.