Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

That London

HazzyinBolton

I work in Shoreditch in the Rich Mix building. It's true the idiots have won, but some of the food places are ace - even Box Park is quite good if expensive.

Make sure you get a rainbow bagel down Brick Lane.

I do really like Shoreditch, was at college there part time and went there as/when I could. The Missus hasn't spent much time in London so hoping to show her some of the cool places round there, where is a good hipster place to eat? Thinking like burgers/pub grub please.

Would love to live in London because as you say,there is so much to do and so much opportunity. Property prices are crazy though. That said, I'm sure I saw something on the news about rental prices dropping in London for the first time in ages.

I do really like Shoreditch, was at college there part time and went there as/when I could. The Missus hasn't spent much time in London so hoping to show her some of the cool places round there, where is a good hipster place to eat? Thinking like burgers/pub grub please.

Would love to live in London because as you say,there is so much to do and so much opportunity. Property prices are crazy though. That said, I'm sure I saw something on the news about rental prices dropping in London for the first time in ages.

There's all the usual gourmet burger places on Bethnal Green Rd. I like Pizza East, just opposite Box Park on Shoreditch High Street for lunch. If you want a really good Sunday roast go to The Princess of Shoreditch. The people who live round here love the place.

There's the Queen of Hoxton if you want super hipster - I think they do a BBQ in summer. There's also Bar Kick which has table football and some good food. Many places have happy hours - because it's expensive nowadays to go out round here. I normally like going to the street food market near the Truman Brewery if I want lunch at the weekend.

The place I cant recommend highly enough (because I'm getting on and hate paying more than 4 quid for a pint) is the Geffrye Museum. I know it sounds daft but I love that part of Shoreditch - its really leafy and quiet and its a great place for a wander after you've had your cool night out!

I can vouch for The Princess of Shoreditch too.

Londonist.com website is great for food recommendations and for general What's On sort of stuff, and quirky stuff about London. It's worked on all the time so is always up to date.

As far as the Southbank goes, just hanging out there on a Friday night in summer is good. The bar/garden on top of the Queen Elizabeth hall has great views & is lovely.

Edited by Exiled Girl

Yeezys are god awful trainers designed by Kanye West.

adidas-yeezy-350-boost-low-on-feet-look-

NMDs are adidas hot style at the moment the style he had were bad rip off of Pharrell Williams designs.

zoom.jpg

First pair looks like they've been knitted by my gran.

Second pair looks like a wedge of cheddar.

If that's what the young are wearing today I thank the lord I'm an owd fecker.

There's all the usual gourmet burger places on Bethnal Green Rd. I like Pizza East, just opposite Box Park on Shoreditch High Street for lunch. If you want a really good Sunday roast go to The Princess of Shoreditch. The people who live round here love the place.

There's the Queen of Hoxton if you want super hipster - I think they do a BBQ in summer. There's also Bar Kick which has table football and some good food. Many places have happy hours - because it's expensive nowadays to go out round here. I normally like going to the street food market near the Truman Brewery if I want lunch at the weekend.

The place I cant recommend highly enough (because I'm getting on and hate paying more than 4 quid for a pint) is the Geffrye Museum. I know it sounds daft but I love that part of Shoreditch - its really leafy and quiet and its a great place for a wander after you've had your cool night out!

Queen of Hoxton, super hipster?! Surely Shoreditch isn't really hipster anymore, more foreign iBank types living in converted warehouses plus Essex Oiks and City workers strolling up from Liverpool St. Saying that, other than a couple of sorties to the Crown & Shuttle, Hoxton Grill and Callooh Calay I've barely set foot in the place recently. Not many beards in such places

Surprisingly I'd rate Pizza East over Princess of Shoredtich for Sunday dinner although it is 20 quid for the privilege.

Keep rolling up the A10 for top Vietnamese food and progressively naughtier drinking spots. And seeing as this is WW, an honourable mention to Rainbow Sports Bar - best for err, sports...

Wharf - not great for boozing...few outside Parlour/Canteen on a sunny day after work is ok, as is the bar in the aforementioned Big Easy & Dr Krugers for cocktails. The Gun & Goodmans decent shouts for food, plus a good Wahaca at the other end of the scale with a nice bar upstairs. Never eaten in Boisdale but the Cigar Library & Terrace is pretty impressive.